Which Selective SChool is best at sport? (1 Viewer)

revo

Premium Member
HSC
are we counting imports?

sydney boys imports half their teams

u-borat

Banned
HSC
sydney boys dominated gps rugby in the 1980s? i think.

you'd have to give it to them; considering they're the only selective school to play in a pretty high-quality competition.

lionking1191

HSC
AkaiHanabi said:
Lauren (Loren? Iuno ><) Mahoney from year 11. Then again. she tends to get injured a lot ><
ohh right. i didn't know she was that good. yeah that would suk, i remember seeing her walking around with crutches a while ago = =

aus-love.it.or.

HSC
Uh...
I may be mistaken... but im pretty sure the Matilda's (or young matildas) didn't qualify for the olympics..

timmiejay

HSC
half of the people in the forum are saying 'were the best' without even posting what school their from. Carringbah's a school thats mentioned a fair few times when it comes to rugby; but in the end sydney boys are probably the best because their in the GPS comp. Even though we're packed with 85% asians, the GPS comp really encourages everyone to participate. I guarantee sydney boys will gun show the rugby stage, its just we get raped in the gps comp because the other schools in the gps have more than half play for australian school boys. volleyball, we've finished top 3 for a fair few years in national level and we always win the CHS comps. Tennis we're gun and soccer we're okay. Haha LOL at the boasting^^;

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
aus-love.it.or. said:
Uh...
I may be mistaken... but im pretty sure the Matilda's (or young matildas) didn't qualify for the olympics..
\

Eh, probably.

We also have ping pong players and badminton players who play at national level too at Baulko.

theviet

HSC
is it true that baulko beat James Ruse in table tennis this year?

buckyatbaulkohs

HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:
Lol bullshit :).
You'd be pleased to know that Baulko *when it wants to* compete just as good as any other school;:)

Girls Volleyball - National team 7 times running
Touch Football - State Cup. Represented Syndey West
Zone Athletics - Came 1st in rankings for last 25 years (breaking many recoreds as they go)
Area and Regional Athletics - Have a gun 4x100m relay team and 2 speed demons that can run 100 in under 11 seconds
:| Table Tennis - Beat James Ruse this year and came second last year
Soccer - Grade sport hosts numerous Rep soccer players and is always in Grand Finals
Grade Sport - Always gets into Semi-finals for vast majority sports and alwyas teams in the finals
Badmington- Ntional players

And as stated before we have individual stars such as;

Loren Mahoney; in year 11 who was just informed she will be playing for Womens A-League for Sydney F.C, and was scheduled to play for the Matilda's overseas until her Anterior Cruxiate Ligament was torn.

Swithun Tegjeu; also in year 11 is an avid sporting phenomenon; <11sec 100m sprinter, the next touch footy leader, past rep soccer player.

Jayraj Bhatti; Year 11. Best track and field thrower for his age. Easily broke Zone Records for Discus, not sure about Javelin and Shot Put but goes onto Regionals every year.

Chloe Groves; Also in year 11. All around atheletics and volleyball beast. Didnt want to run the 1500m at region becuse she was tired...ending up coming first breaking the record (to the best of my knowledge). Part of the volleyball team that wins nationals.

The list goes on...:bomb:. Can only name a few because I'm getting tired but as you can see I've only listed Year 11's, so i can keep on listing if someone challenges this. :D

BAULKO F.T.W

timmiejay

HSC
buckyatbaulkohs said:
You'd be pleased to know that Baulko *when it wants to* compete just as good as any other school;:)

Girls Volleyball - National team 7 times running
Touch Football - State Cup. Represented Syndey West
Zone Athletics - Came 1st in rankings for last 25 years (breaking many recoreds as they go)
Area and Regional Athletics - Have a gun 4x100m relay team and 2 speed demons that can run 100 in under 11 seconds
:| Table Tennis - Beat James Ruse this year and came second last year
Soccer - Grade sport hosts numerous Rep soccer players and is always in Grand Finals
Grade Sport - Always gets into Semi-finals for vast majority sports and alwyas teams in the finals
Badmington- Ntional players

And as stated before we have individual stars such as;

Loren Mahoney; in year 11 who was just informed she will be playing for Womens A-League for Sydney F.C, and was scheduled to play for the Matilda's overseas until her Anterior Cruxiate Ligament was torn.

Swithun Tegjeu; also in year 11 is an avid sporting phenomenon; <11sec 100m sprinter, the next touch footy leader, past rep soccer player.

Jayraj Bhatti; Year 11. Best track and field thrower for his age. Easily broke Zone Records for Discus, not sure about Javelin and Shot Put but goes onto Regionals every year.

Chloe Groves; Also in year 11. All around atheletics and volleyball beast. Didnt want to run the 1500m at region becuse she was tired...ending up coming first breaking the record (to the best of my knowledge). Part of the volleyball team that wins nationals.

The list goes on...:bomb:. Can only name a few because I'm getting tired but as you can see I've only listed Year 11's, so i can keep on listing if someone challenges this. :D

BAULKO F.T.W
haha buddy, i shall take up the challenge. I'm not denying that baulko is great at sport; however all the feats you have written up there are mostly in your zone competition, area + region. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I do not think baulko play against Private schools in any sport, thus u probably do well against the public schools. Baulko will have no chance in the GPS competition. Go check out the state sides for soccer, basketball, rugby and australian school-boys sides, nearly all of them are represented by gps school players. The reason you probably do so well in touch is because all the great rugby schools dont offer touch football, they concentrate on league and union. Not denying you have great individual players though such as Loren Mahoney (who you said is playing for the A-league). If she's in year 11 and playing in the A-league that is dead-set respect. However, i think there are a few clarifications you should make with some of the info you provided because they just make no sense. TheU16's state champs 2008 winning time was 11.77seconds, and 11.17 for U17s, so that Swithun Tegjeu kid could not be running under 11. Maybe he runs under 12 which is a better approximation. Jayraj Bhatti is clearly not the best track and field thrower in his age. There's a kid called keleti vaingalo in the gps who throws 17.06m winning by 5 metres in the shotput. He's in under 16s this year, he threw in the opens nationals and came 2nd. Dont think that 'jayraj bhatti' guy would come close at all. So it's an understatement that he is the 'best track and field thrower in his age'. If you boast about doing so well in your 'region', getting into the regionals is a given for sydney boys.

Last edited:

lionking1191

HSC
timmiejay said:
haha buddy, i shall take up the challenge. I'm not denying that baulko is great at sport; however all the feats you have written up there are mostly in your zone competition, area + region. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I do not think baulko play against Private schools in any sport, thus u probably do well against the public schools. Baulko will have no chance in the GPS competition. Go check out the state sides for soccer, basketball, rugby and australian school-boys sides, nearly all of them are represented by gps school players. The reason you probably do so well in touch is because all the great rugby schools dont offer touch football, they concentrate on league and union. Not denying you have great individual players though such as Loren Mahoney (who you said is playing for the A-league). If she's in year 11 and playing in the A-league that is dead-set respect. However, i think there are a few clarifications you should make with some of the info you provided because they just make no sense. TheU16's state champs 2008 winning time was 11.77seconds, and 11.17 for U17s, so that Swithun Tegjeu kid could not be running under 11. Maybe he runs under 12 which is a better approximation. Jayraj Bhatti is clearly not the best track and field thrower in his age. There's a kid called keleti vaingalo in the gps who throws 17.06m winning by 5 metres in the shotput. He's in under 16s this year, he threw in the opens nationals and came 2nd. Dont think that 'jayraj bhatti' guy would come close at all. So it's an understatement that he is the 'best track and field thrower in his age'. If you boast about doing so well in your 'region', getting into the regionals is a given for sydney boys.
lol... the point is?

no one said baulkos the best, baulkos just good. other schools (like the aforementioned syd boys which u are so fond of) are also good.

/thread closed :p

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
timmiejay said:
For a selective school kid, you need to learn about paragraphs. Fuck that's just a wall of text.

SimonLee13

HSC
theviet said:
there has always been a feud between which selective school is best in studies... but which selective school is best at sport?
It's always Ruse....
Go High.

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
SimonLee13 said:
It's always Ruse....
Go High.
I thought Ruse students were too busy being told off for letting their grade average approximate UAI drop to 98.95 or whatever it was this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)