• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Which subject do you find the most boring so far? (2 Viewers)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Fair enough. It'd probably be the most mundane subject for me.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
I'm not sure of which subjects I despise yet...I don't think I performed so well in the Biology exam. It's either between Biology and Physics, and I'd say Biology would be most boring so far...:sleep:

eliseliselise

HSC
fascinating: 2+3u eng, 2+3+4u math,biology (when we are NOT doing evolution.... otherwise, its a rather entertaining and enjoyable course)

depressing: chemistry (so random and so much of it needs to be taken on faith-- you cant prove most of it, and the exam-style qus are killers :S), physics (just a watered down version of maths with powerpoints- quite drab)

but im happy, though. if you were to ask me last year, id be unhappy with all but one of my subjects! lawl pdhpe!! humanities!! aahahha!!

:rolleyes:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
eliseliselise said:
fascinating: 2+3u eng, 2+3+4u math,biology (when we are NOT doing evolution.... otherwise, its a rather entertaining and enjoyable course)

depressing: chemistry (so random and so much of it needs to be taken on faith-- you cant prove most of it, and the exam-style qus are killers :S), physics (just a watered down version of maths with powerpoints- quite drab)

but im happy, though. if you were to ask me last year, id be unhappy with all but one of my subjects! lawl pdhpe!! humanities!! aahahha!!

:rolleyes:
Wow! You are exactly same as me in regards to subjects' taste!!!

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Wow, I'm surprised how a lot of people hate Chemistry...It's one of my best subjects and I'm developing a passion for it. I'll hopefully master module #2 metals, so when I arrive to my chemistry lessons, I'll know all the answers :). Then I'll probably complete the whole preliminary course and start the HSC course early for chemistry. Chemistry and Economics are awesome subjects, but biology I despise, and for maths ext 1, my passion is going down :(.

selablad

HSC
I love Chemistry :) It's my favourite science subject, by far. It just all makes *sense* to me, and so much of it explains stuff that happens, and how things happen at the most fundamental level - which I really enjoy.

The main reason I chose Biology was because it's kinda the science subject that is the most debatable, in a way - lots of ethicsy/controversial kinda issues that you don't find when you're dealing with atoms :). I like having huge class debates about stuff like evolution and cloning and genetic engineering and stuff. And also there's the section on exams on evaluating biological issues, which is really interesting. That's why I don't like our current topic, which is on enzymes and cells and stuff, because what kind of controversy can cells have??

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
They should just clone me a few times, and enrol all the me's into a single school and kick everybody else out. Then that school will be the no.1 school.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
foram said:
They should just clone me a few times, and enrol all the me's into a single school and kick everybody else out. Then that school will be the no.1 school.
That means you are competing against yourself! I wouldn't want to compete against myself.

I am the most unpredictable person when it comes to exam results. I either tend to perform crazily well or pathetically bad.

I also know that I work bloody damn hard before exams so..

Muz4PM

HSC
I think that the general consensus amongst Chemistry teachers and students alike is that students seem to find the Preliminary Course more difficult than the HSC Course. I must admit I have discovered that, the subjects I am leanring about now in Chemistry seem to 'click' more than what they did in Year 11.

I found that physics was the other way around to an extent.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Muz4PM said:
I think that the general consensus amongst Chemistry teachers and students alike is that students seem to find the Preliminary Course more difficult than the HSC Course. I must admit I have discovered that, the subjects I am leanring about now in Chemistry seem to 'click' more than what they did in Year 11.

I found that physics was the other way around to an extent.
So you are telling me that many people get settled for Chemistry when they go to HSC?

Muz4PM

HSC
lyounamu said:
So you are telling me that many people get settled for Chemistry when they go to HSC?
Well, not so much settled, but more comfortable. I think that to do well in chemistry, you need to grasp most of the important concepts from the Preliminary Course, such as mol equations etc. So, what I am saying is, if you have a rough understanding of most of the Preliminary Course, I think that you will find the HSC Course will come easier to you.

That is why I think it is important to take 12 units into the first term of the HSC Year, and then to the half yearlies. What you found didn't come easily to you in the Preliminary Course may become clearer to you in the HSC course, and what you thought was easy in the Preliminary maybe more challenging in the HSC year. Having the extra two units gives you the liberty of dropping a subject which you aren't getting in the HSC year as opposed to a subject you may not be getting in the Preliminary Year.

I hope that made sense. Hahaha.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Muz4PM said:
Well, not so much settled, but more comfortable. I think that to do well in chemistry, you need to grasp most of the important concepts from the Preliminary Course, such as mol equations etc. So, what I am saying is, if you have a rough understanding of most of the Preliminary Course, I think that you will find the HSC Course will come easier to you.

That is why I think it is important to take 12 units into the first term of the HSC Year, and then to the half yearlies. What you found didn't come easily to you in the Preliminary Course may become clearer to you in the HSC course, and what you thought was easy in the Preliminary maybe more challenging in the HSC year. Having the extra two units gives you the liberty of dropping a subject which you aren't getting in the HSC year as opposed to a subject you may not be getting in the Preliminary Year.

I hope that made sense. Hahaha.
Thanks for that... I was thinking of dropping Chemistry until now... but reading your post empowers me. But the problem is: I gotta drop something (either Bio or Chem).

Muz4PM

HSC
lyounamu said:
Thanks for that... I was thinking of dropping Chemistry until now... but reading your post empowers me. But the problem is: I gotta drop something (either Bio or Chem).
No worries, but just remember it is just one blokes opinion. Probably best if you got opinions from teachers, parents, students, etc etc before you go making too many decisions.

Yes, I think Chemistry scales better than Biology, but if you have to drop something look at how much work you are putting in compared to the result you are getting.

Anyway, good luck with it.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Muz4PM said:
No worries, but just remember it is just one blokes opinion. Probably best if you got opinions from teachers, parents, students, etc etc before you go making too many decisions.

Yes, I think Chemistry scales better than Biology, but if you have to drop something look at how much work you are putting in compared to the result you are getting.

Anyway, good luck with it.
Thanks. I will see how I go this year, and will decide after that. So far, I am leaning towards Bio because I am much better at that.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
foram said:
How would this school do in English?

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
lyounamu said:
Are you serious? That's like the best subject (apart from maths, of course).

I don't do it but I know that it's really good. I nearly died regretting for not doing it.
At our school, it's just thoery. My friends of other schools who do it, got to take apart a broken GameCube for a prac :O

HSC
Amused said:
dont worry, i'm dropping it the first chance i get, and i'm going to run far far away from such a horrid......thing

speaking the devil himself, i'm doing business notes right now.

oh god save me!

*burns business text book*

die you piece of crap! *stomps on the ashes*

*evil laugh*

ok, so i'm a little high on sugar........just keep scrolling.....
i need to start my notes for it, cause i pay no attention in class lol. don't do any study either, but my rank is like 2/35 because most of the people who do it are borderline retards. i'll actually do work for the externals though. but yeah, it sucks ass.

Yea, chem is nowhere near as bad as biology.
prelim bio is boring, but the HSC course is way more interesting IMO. it's pretty easy too, i've been doing past papers and stuff... lucky, too, cause some of the questions ended up in my half yearly...

shoutoutloud

HSC
Amused said:
i hate english too, there's nothing to learn! i mean we know our language, enough said. its pretty ironic that i hate advanced english but extention english is my favourite subject.
i agree :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)