• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Which subject do you find the most boring so far? (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
foram said:
Actually, 2U math only has at most half a page of working out, and theres only a few of those in any test. Most of the questions take 1 or 2 lines to solve. :D
I agree. But I sometimes spend about a page when I do more challenging ones like Maxima and Minima question. But I never go over a page.

selablad

HSC
lyounamu said:
I agree. But I sometimes spend about a page when I do more challenging ones like Maxima and Minima question. But I never go over a page.
I tend to write a beautiful, concise answer for each question, finish the exam, and then when I'm finished and checking my work, 5 minutes before the end of the exam I suddenly panic, think everything is wrong, scribble it all out and end up getting the same solution, but far less elegant, about 2 seconds before the teacher says stop.

This is guaranteed to happen at least once every exam.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
selablad said:
I tend to write a beautiful, concise answer for each question, finish the exam, and then when I'm finished and checking my work, 5 minutes before the end of the exam I suddenly panic, think everything is wrong, scribble it all out and end up getting the same solution, but far less elegant, about 2 seconds before the teacher says stop.

This is guaranteed to happen at least once every exam.
i always finish about 20 seconds before the exam finishes so i never have time to check:mad:

selablad

HSC
kaz1 said:
i always finish about 20 seconds before the exam finishes so i never have time to check:mad:
Haha that is happening to me more and more every time I go up a grade :( I remember in year 9 and 10, when we used to have so much time left over...I used to finish an hour early and write philosophy essays on the back of the paper :uhhuh: But all that is, sadly, over...

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
kaz1 said:
i always finish about 20 minutes before the exam finishes so i always have time to check :D

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
foram said:
I detest English with absolute passion, abomination, abhorrence, hatred and anger.
hmm ive heard that before somewhere?

but i hate bio, only cause of how boring it is, it is one of those subjects I should fall asleep in

tania O

HSC
dont worry i hate english 2 loll my teacher 4 english you cant even understand what he is saying loll and plus he does not teach well

lollll

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC
Amused said:
business sucks. i hate it with a passion. i hate every fibre of its existance, i despise it, i abhor it, i dislike it, i think its a useless bunch of crap.:angry:

you only need the basics to start a business.

anyway, so in which subject do you feel the urge to burn both your exercise and text book? and what are your thoughts on the said subject?

its interesting to see a different perspective. you might like a subject and others might just despise it. :uhhuh:

Business Studies makes me sleep, although the main contributor to my sleepiness is the teacher.
Example: (In Indian voice) "OK, turn to page 231 of the textbook, complete the sheet, and do the exercise. When you finish, go to next page and do more exersices." :D

Although she is a tragic teacher, I do love the way she marks. She awards answers that have filled up all the lines on the examination booklet full marks, no matter what you have written. For example, for a question worth 5 marks with 5 lines to fill, she will award 1 mark for every line written.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Oh thank god I found a place where I can rant about subjects I hate...
I hate English, Extension English and Physics! YAY!
English: General boringness. I'm sick of Poetry. I'm sick of Robert Browning and the discrepancies in his poems. I'm sick of hidden meanings in poems. I don't care about their meaning! Can't people just convey what they want in simple plain English?!
Ext. Eng: The classwork is good. The course is okay. The work, I 'detest, I abhor' etc etc.
Physics: No explanation needed there. I'm sick of studying about waves!!

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Physics is murder. I can't wait to drop it in Year 12. I don't give a doggy turd about waves, electricity or any of those kind of things :(

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Physics is murder. I can't wait to drop it in Year 12. I don't give a doggy turd about waves, electricity or any of those kind of things :(
Yes, i don't see why they need to take 3 terms to explain it. They could ahve covered it in 1 term, it would be so much more fun that way.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
foram said:
Yes, i don't see why they need to take 3 terms to explain it. They could ahve covered it in 1 term, it would be so much more fun that way.
that would be complete stress for my physics teacher. We have lessons 3-4 times a week, and in those actual lessons we hardly learn anything. I'd feel so screwed if I was having him for my HSC :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)