which uni is 'best'? (2 Viewers)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
williamycai said:
so which has more prestiage in sydney..degree in actuarial studies in macq or in syd....? noobozorous rex...
Sydney doesn't have actuarial studies. I'm sure you could do a B Sc in mathematics and study for the acturial exams though

lovethehsc

HSC
N/A
williamycai said:
so which has more prestiage in sydney..degree in actuarial studies in macq or in syd....? noobozorous rex...
This demonstrates your deplorable stupidity (as a poster already mentioned, syd does not offer actuarial).

However if one was to do actuarial studies at unsw this student would belong to a more prestigious institution than the club mac student doing actuarial. Even though it's recognised (apparently, i disagree) that macq have a more practical and higher quality actuarial program, the fact remains a 1st tier uni like such as the iraq unsw /south carolina moment, is more prestigious than macq.

If you genuinely believe that there is no such concept as 'prestige' then just attend MQ, UTS or UWS. The Group of 8 don't need riff-raff like your good selves. NOOOBOSAURUS LULZ RECKS!!!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lovethehsc said:
This demonstrates your deplorable stupidity (as a poster already mentioned, syd does not offer actuarial).

However if one was to do actuarial studies at unsw this student would belong to a more prestigious institution than the club mac student doing actuarial. Even though it's recognised (apparently, i disagree) that macq have a more practical and higher quality actuarial program, the fact remains a 1st tier uni like such as the iraq unsw /south carolina moment, is more prestigious than macq.

If you genuinely believe that there is no such concept as 'prestige' then just attend MQ, UTS or UWS. The Group of 8 don't need riff-raff like your good selves. NOOOBOSAURUS LULZ RECKS!!!
what does the thing in bold mean? that went way over my head.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Prestige at MQ would hurt our party reputation, we wouldn't want that :(

eppingMCE

HSC
Depends on which course ur after and its also highly up to the individuals choice. Ultimately it dosnt matter coz all university would lead to getting u the job as long as u study hard.

Its much better getting a distinction average in UWS (University of Western Sydney) then getitng a pass average at UNSW(University of New South Wales).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Prestige and Quality of courses are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!!!!

While it may look better, the prestige of a degree completed at USYD is more than that at UWS, and UWS would be more than the Average College, which would be more than the TAFE.

Please someone close this thread already.

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
lovethehsc said:

LOL! HAHAHAH, i didn't want to comment on the first reply to this because i thought that most people, with a decent iq, would get EXACTLY THAT POINT, that syd doesn't offer some degrees, so how can u compare? so ANSWER my question..not defer it to UNSW. geez why i even bother with unopen minded people...
why do every1 look down on people who goes tafe/uws or something, if all you syd and unsw kids think you are so much better than every1 else, then by all means i have no more words for this topic. tho i do wonder what ur arrogant lives lead to.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
williamycai said:
LOL! HAHAHAH, i didn't want to comment on the first reply to this because i thought that most people, with a decent iq, would get EXACTLY THAT POINT, that syd doesn't offer some degrees, so how can u compare? so ANSWER my question..not defer it to UNSW. geez why i even bother with unopen minded people...
why do every1 look down on people who goes tafe/uws or something, if all you syd and unsw kids think you are so much better than every1 else, then by all means i have no more words for this topic. tho i do wonder what ur arrogant lives lead to.
for someone who supposedly has a decent IQ, you are failing to see the difference between prestige and degree quality.

people look down on tafe/uws because:
a) They get less funding
b) Career progression is worse
c) They lack prestige, and thus affect both career options and postgraduate study opportunities.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
williamycai said:
I can be nice. But screw it.

I agree that Usyd doesn't need riff-raff like you. Are you at university at the moment? Why don't you just go to a tafe? Maybe I'll reconsider you being a riff-raff if you do that.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
eppingMCE said:
Depends on which course ur after and its also highly up to the individuals choice. Ultimately it dosnt matter coz all university would lead to getting u the job as long as u study hard.

Its much better getting a distinction average in UWS (University of Western Sydney) then getitng a pass average at UNSW(University of New South Wales).
What happens when we compare D averages from UWS against D averages from UNSW? O of course! The employer considers other things, like extra-curricular activities, sporting involvement. Silly me...

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
stazi said:
for someone who supposedly has a decent IQ, you are failing to see the difference between prestige and degree quality.

people look down on tafe/uws because:
a) They get less funding
b) Career progression is worse
c) They lack prestige, and thus affect both career options and postgraduate study opportunities.
geez this took a while to load.
you still haven't answered my original question.
how can u measure some degrees and its prestige when one uni doesn't even have it?
and where u get that career progression is worse, when usually tafe people have more work and hence opportunities. this world is not based on theory but practical.

and i do architecture at uts, not because i couldn't go unsw.

RTTTYTR

HSC
Omnidragon said:
What's so funny about him realising what the better unis are? Do you go to UWS?
If you judge someone based on their uni as oppossed to the individual, I pity you. It's the individual who gets places not the educational institute they attend. The fact that any student from any highschool can attend any university should indicate this.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Who he is is defined, inter alia, by the university and course he undertakes. There's no need to be politically correct about all this.

If I see somebody doing medicine at USyd, I'm going to make an instant judgment (rightly or wrongly) that he must have done well in his HSC. If I see somebody attending TAFE studying accounting, I'm going to make an instant judgment that this guy didn't do well and couldn't get into university.

Too bad, that's life. And I'm employed, which means one day I'll be interviewing peeps. I look forward to interviewing some of you politically correct candidates.

One more thing. All high school students get into university? So who's going to TAFE? The primary school kids? Hah, you amuse me kid. Were all your friends able to attend USyd? Maybe you should edit your post to correct your absurd statement.

RTTTYTR

HSC
Omnidragon said:
One more thing. All high school students get into university? So who's going to TAFE? The primary school kids? Hah, you amuse me kid. Were all your friends able to attend USyd? Maybe you should edit your post to correct your absurd statement.
One would think you could read. That's clearly not the case.

Any doesn't equal all.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
RTTTYTR said:
If you judge someone based on their uni as oppossed to the individual, I pity you. It's the individual who gets places not the educational institute they attend. The fact that any student from any highschool can attend any university should indicate this.
Yes, you shouldn't judge an individual based on their institution, their height, their weight, the companies they have work experience with, etc. It's all about the individual. Oh wait, an individual is largely defined by their affiliations with organisations, such as their unis and places of work experience.

If a person works for Maq Bank in IB which accepts the top 0.02% of grads, and another works for Colonial in IB (if they have such a role) which accepts 5% of grads for their position, then which person's experience will be more valued?

RTTTYTR

HSC
stazi said:
Yes, you shouldn't judge an individual based on their institution, their height, their weight, the companies they have work experience with, etc. It's all about the individual. Oh wait, an individual is largely defined by their affiliations with organisations, such as their unis and places of work experience.
I am unaware of any studies that conclude this notion. I wouldn't mind reading any that you have on the issue.

stazi said:
If a person works for Maq Bank in IB which accepts the top 0.02% of grads, and another works for Colonial in IB (if they have such a role) which accepts 5% of grads for their position, then which person's experience will be more valued?
By that notion, the person who generates the highest revenue & profitiability, is more committed to the organisation and has a longer term focus is less desirable than someone who went to a better uni but does not have the positive attributes that the other candidate does? Further, that thought process ignores the externalities of why the individual chose a certain organisation (for instance, proximity to home, org culture, personal networks, personal factors that inhibited their performance at an educational facility [such as family breakdowns, illness, frequent relocations, etc])

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Hah you little dumb shit. This is what you resort to? Stupid examples in the extreme? To answer your dumb hypothetical, yes we'll take the person who generates more money over the one who went to university.

I have nothing else to say to you because you've clearly lost the plot, coming up with an example like that.

And don't take all the other passive readers as idiots. They see through your silly argument. With analytical skills like that, you're either a straight arts student or you do accounting at TAFE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)