White Out in HSC exams??? (1 Viewer)

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Why would you? It takes up more time than crossing it out with a pen. Plus you can still get marks from things you cross out, whereas if you use white out, you can't

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
There's no need to use white out, and in fact, I would stress that there's not a single reason for using white out at all. It takes up too much time, it can be messy, and even though it's good for its purpose, crossing out works just as well and saves you a lot of time too. We were told that teachers sometimes read what is crossed out and if they feel it is actually beneficial, will consider that in their marking (obviously, if it was of no use to your essay, they would just disregard it as you crossed it out).

In short, don't use white-out. It's a colossal waste of time.

HSC
Mate, he's the English GOD, I think he would know.
6.4 Equipment for the examinations
You may only take equipment listed below into the examination room:
black pens (blue is also acceptable, but black is easier for markers to read)
pencils, erasers and a sharpener (use pencils where specifically directed)
a ruler marked in millimetres and centimetres
highlighter pens.
No other equipment is allowed, except as detailed below. It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of, and provide, the equipment permitted in your examinations.
You are expected to provide specific equipment (such as a calculator) for certain examinations. The list of specific equipment for each of these examinations is available on the Equipment checklist page in the HSC Exams section of the Board’s website.
For the examinations in which scientific calculators are permitted, you may only use those calculators that appear on the Board’s list of approved scientific calculators. Well before the examination, you should check that your calculator is approved.

Source: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/yourhsc/hsc-rules-procedures-guide.html#hsc-examinations

Clearly states so at the Board's website....

Now unless they don't give a shit even if you do use whiteout, is a different thing....but technically you can't.....I'm just going by what they said.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I didn't say you were allowed. I said you can.

They're different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)