Who are the ANU 1st year students 2004 (1 Viewer)

Ribbon

tutorials are on the timetable... I didn't know there weren't any for the first week... I'd assume you just don't show up for them on the first week of the timetable?

2003HSC

this timetable stuff is confusing. We dont really need to worry about them yet do we? Just the subjects we'll be choosing on enrolment day.

Ribbon

I'm not sure if you need to choose your timetable on enrollment day or not... I wouldn't think you had to, but then again, maybe they need numbers for the tutorials and workshops, ect?

I don't know if I did it right but mine worked out with no classes on friday (woo hoo !) finish at 4 on monday (with 3 hours of breaks), 1 on tuesday (1 hour breaks) start at 3 and finish at 5 on wednesday, and finish at 5 on thursday, but with a 5 hour break between a lecture and a tute...

all sounds good, except what am I going to do for the 5 hours?!

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
so why did u guys pick ANU ova other universities in sydney?
at the moment im asking myself that.. i have absolutely no idea.

(im just irritated right now, dont mind me)

Ribbon

ANU has the same rep for law at usyd, uts and unsw, but a much more realistic cutoff... also its a much nicer city to live in, cheaper to live close by...

freaking out - are you headed to anu as well?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Ribbon
....freaking out - are you headed to anu as well?
na, lol, i was just asking- i do know a friend who goes to canberra uni. he goes there bcoz of uni cut offs..so i thought thats y u guys must b going to ANU as well.

Ribbon

so who have we got going...

Strawberry
Blah Says she
Bolonski
2003HSC
peut-etre
Ribbon

well, 6 people is enough to have a party...

and bolonski, is that you in your avatar then ?

peut-etre

"Hey peut-etre can I ask a dumb question... in Canberra, where are the "happening" places? It seemed so dead when I went there... Is it the type of place you need to know where things are? I heard there is heaps going on, but I couldn't find much."

Well depends on what your definition of happening is. Civic, or the city center isn't too bad if you want to go out to night clubs and bars and and all that. Did you head in there during the day or at night? Thursday is gererally the big night in Canberra for students but Saturday goes ok as well. I'm sure during O week if you just follow the crowd of people you should be able to find most places that are of interest.

This year I'm doing arts(international relations)/commerce and I got offered a place at John XXIII but I'm still not sure if I'll take the place or not..

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
thanks, peut-etre. i was there on sunday evening.. so maybe not the best of times!

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
yes ribbon that is me in the avatar.. however, it is a somewhat dated photo.. maybe 2 years old..

sif the tutorials are on the timetable... ive selected the classes and then it just comes up with the timeslots with the classes in them.. or are they the tuts and not the lectures.. bla.. ive failed timetable 101

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
matt is really tall, i felt so short standing next to him! so look for really tall guys that look similar to his oh-so-good-lookin' pic/him posing ;) then it shouldn't be too hard to find him.

Ribbon

The tutorials are written in gray writing eg. bus_1001, Tutorial group 23

I'll forgive you if your eyesight is bad :D

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
hey same with me. only lectures come up, except it does show two tutorials for linguistics.

dissident

do you guys know how we find out whether or not they got our acceptance slip?
and when do we get our student id numbers?

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
we get our numbers with the pack they send us... the how to enrol pack or whatever...

Ribbon

OK well I have heaps of tutorial courses for commerce... maybe its just the course you do? Like, you don't have any tutorials until second sememster or something?

BTW:- Has anyone actually gotten that pack yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)