Who are the authors of Premium Resources? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I believe each subject should have a one page excerpt from a premium resource so we can see and judge it

HSC
N/A
No they are not from wikipedia.
Ben, pretty sure someone actually googled a chunk of text from premium resources into google and had it come up on a wiki page.

100% srs.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I wouldn't be too surprised hearing what people have said about the quality of it.

HSC
N/A
No they are not from wikipedia.
Ben, pretty sure someone actually googled a chunk of text from premium resources into google and had it come up on a wiki page.

100% srs.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I wouldn't be too surprised hearing what people have said about the quality of it.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

100% srs.

Other way round. Someone had taken a bunch of information from the notes and added it to the wikipedia page.

HSC
N/A
Other way round. Someone had taken a bunch of information from the notes and added it to the wikipedia page.
LOL.
icwatudidthere.

Doesn't change the fact that some of the content is available already on the internet, which kinda makes you question why you'd even buy ~premium~ resources, if they're widely available and not very ~premium~
Maybe i'm wrong though, and maybe whoever said some of the content was on wikipedia lied, but eh, who knows.

I've personally seen the resources (my cousin was gifted a shit load of printed bos premium resources for some of my subjects, and gave them to me when she finished her HSC) and I can honestly say they aren't anything spectacular. I mean, you could probably end up writing similar quality notes yourself if you were bothered (and if you wrote them yourself, you'll probably remember them more too).

I'm staring at them right now, and maybe it's just me, but from these notes, it's pretty basic tbh. You could probably find essentially the exact same thing from what's free to download on bos already. I'm not meaning to bag out premium resources, but you've gotta get your dollars worth.

I'm also pretty curious as to who made the notes. Were they past students or something?

I considered buying premium resources at one stage myself, but I didn't have to because my cousin gave me printed versions of it. But tbh, I don't even use it because it isn't very useful to me. Another girl in my grade paid for premium resources, and she was actually pretty disappointed and said they were of "alright" quality.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I didn't go premium for the same reason. I had someone send me a few pages from a subject to sample it and honestly, it's a lower standard to how I write my notes.

Not to mention, almost all the premium resources are out of date. For example..

All of legal, business, most of economics and pretty much every subject which has had it's syllabus changed recently

powlmao

Banned
HSC

100% srs.

I remember at one stage, someone had uploaded all the resources to this site. (or another one).

I believe there still up there too

HSC
N/A
I didn't go premium for the same reason. I had someone send me a few pages from a subject to sample it and honestly, it's a lower standard to how I write my notes.

Not to mention, almost all the premium resources are out of date. For example..

All of legal, business, most of economics and pretty much every subject which has had it's syllabus changed recently
100% agree.

Hey Josh, are you wanting to do swapsies with notes? :p

I've finished Operations and i'm finalising Finance.
I remember at one stage, someone had uploaded all the resources to this site. (or another one).

I believe there still up there too
Imho, even if they're still up, don't bother. You're honestly 100% better off looking in the free downloads section and/or making your own (srs).

Maybe they've recently updated the resources, and if so, they're substantially better. But if it's the same stuff that I currently have, and it hasn't been updated, don't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)