Who else has no motivation? (1 Viewer)

inedible

HSC
Imagine a timeline, if the time you have from life to death were 10cm then the time spent in year 12 would be less than 2mm and probably closer to 1mm. Thats what I do when I cbfed studying.

Put some effort into this last year. You won't regret it.

Luxxey

candied queen
HSC
I'm kind of glad they banned LFD4 from Aus. Otherwise I'd spend more time shooting zombies than doing work.

I tried to make all my notes in the last few weeks before prelim yearlies and it was horrible. This year I'm going to update my subject notes every week or so. When I have no motivation I remember the pain of writing 40 pages of bio notes. =/

0bs3n3

HSC
having no motivation?
you are just showing disregard for your chosen subjects.
unless your parents made you pick them.
I picked 'em all myself :/

Yeah I think right now it's just keeping up on your note/summaries more than anything.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
If you have no motivation then dont bother writing the hsc!!!!!!!!!!! You are just to lazy, selfish, spoilt and everything else.

Be persistant be persistant be persistant be persistant... If success were that easy then everybody would be doing it!
lol, cuz i'm sure you give 110% 24/7 356 days a year without fail. Everyone has their off days.

Essjaybee

HSC
Its because we havent had the long long holidays yet. Where we have heaps of time to sit around and realise at some point we need to get motivated or just do stuff for the hell of it, and have time to catch up on all that work we cbf doing now.

Then, term 1 next year, we come up with a new excuse to procrastinate :)

inedible

HSC
I'm kind of glad they banned LFD4 from Aus. Otherwise I'd spend more time shooting zombies than doing work.

I tried to make all my notes in the last few weeks before prelim yearlies and it was horrible. This year I'm going to update my subject notes every week or so. When I have no motivation I remember the pain of writing 40 pages of bio notes. =/
Na they didn't ban l4d2 in Australia, you can download it off steam if you want.
But personally I think everyone should at least keep up with making study notes because it is just so hard to catch up (I learnt it the hard way in year 11 and then I cbfed making them).

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
There's just no sense of urgency. Find it really hard to sit and study right now.
No sense of urgency? No shit sherlock, your externals hasn't started. Even though every single percentage of your assessments count, you care at heart, but cbf putting in the effort yes?

Well the only thing I'd suggest is procrastinate on a task list. Write down everything "realistic" you need to do. Then break it up into small bits, and set time constraints. Don't be disappointed if you don't finish it during that time. If there's no productivity going on, then you should either GTFO BOS, disconnect your MSN/internet because they're the reasons you're probably being unproductive (I'm such a hypocrite for telling you this).

And every single hour you study, reward yourself with some music or food for 10 minutes. Motivate yourself. Then get into it again and again. Don't think like "Am I doing this right? What if I'm not absorbing any information? I might be still screwed even though I'm studying". Well consistency with revision is the key to success. What I mean is if you read your summaries once per day, or condense it further by WRITING it out or reciting it in your own words, it's sure to be stuck in your head. Even last minute phone conversations (like I did with my HSC Chemistry external) will do.

And to leave on a parting quote from Aplus (BOSer) [slightly remodified by myself]:

Sacrificing less than a year is a small price to pay for the satisfaction of knowing that you may pursue whatever career aspirations you may have in your future.

Print this out, hang it or save it, and get to work =).

All the best.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
No sense of urgency? No shit sherlock, your externals hasn't started. Even though every single percentage of your assessments count, you care at heart, but cbf putting in the effort yes?

Well the only thing I'd suggest is procrastinate on a task list. Write down everything "realistic" you need to do. Then break it up into small bits, and set time constraints. Don't be disappointed if you don't finish it during that time. If there's no productivity going on, then you should either GTFO BOS, disconnect your MSN/internet because they're the reasons you're probably being unproductive (I'm such a hypocrite for telling you this).

And every single hour you study, reward yourself with some music or food for 10 minutes. Motivate yourself. Then get into it again and again. Don't think like "Am I doing this right? What if I'm not absorbing any information? I might be still screwed even though I'm studying". Well consistency with revision is the key to success. What I mean is if you read your summaries once per day, or condense it further by WRITING it out or reciting it in your own words, it's sure to be stuck in your head. Even last minute phone conversations (like I did with my HSC Chemistry external) will do.

And to leave on a parting quote from Aplus (BOSer) [slightly remodified by myself]:

Sacrificing less than a year is a small price to pay for the satisfaction of knowing that you may pursue whatever career aspirations you may have in your future.

Print this out, hang it or save it, and get to work =).

All the best.
dude.. chill the fuck out

EDIT: Not that its not good advice, but jeez it's pretty damn early =s

Last edited:

blackforest

HSC
ever since year 12 started, i am waaaay more tempted to jig. just cbf doing anything anymore..

M@ster P

HSC
ever since year 12 started, i am waaaay more tempted to jig. just cbf doing anything anymore..
I seriously have no motivation either........feel so depressed....Im falling behind in my university studies.

And dude dw I jigged like 13 days in year 12, I jigged to the library where I did productive study, school is a waste of time tbh.....

Last edited:

kate-2010

HSC
YES!

I have so many assessments in the next 2 weeks and I know I should study (study meaning catching up with maths homework) but I just can't.

I think the reason I can't is because it's the end of the term, so I feel like I should be winding down, but we can't! My 2nd exam is worth 30% of my class mark for that subject...even that can't motivate me.

I've barely started the HSC and I'm already screwed.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yeah I have many many assessments in the next three weeks too

the workload is so heavy for me; I may be dropping down to 11 units next term.

i feel like winding down too but i can't

ohh well - just do your best and study hard :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)