Who else is feeling uncertain about the HSC? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Definitely not giving up but I am having big problems with getting my ass to work :/
I'm quite interested in architecture at usyd. what about you?
It is really hard, and when someone makes me study I get all angry with them haha.
I'm really just looking at a bachelor of Arts at Newcastle, Majoring in both English and Philosophy, then if all goes well and i'm having fun maybe honours. i've also got half an eye on Macquarie.

What is architecture like?

Memento-mori

HSC
I'm feeling uncertain to. I require an Atar of 87 but I'm completely paranoid about scaling, my cohort, subjects, weighing, etc. During the holidays, on average I did 1-2 hours every day. However, teachers were saying that we should dedicate days where we do nothing but study, which I never did. What I find helps though is picturing me getting into my course, and vision myself in the fields I choose. I wish you luck :)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
All you HSC kids need to realise is that the only thing matters is YOURSELF and how well you do. How much effort you put into your HSC and thinking positive about yourself. If you're confident and have good persistency throughout the duration of the HSC, nothing can go wrong.

Only reason people are stressed and failing because they are spending too much time caring about what others think (E.g comparing yourself to your cohort, family and friend's opinion and etc). Also trust me, you don't need to worry about scaling, your ranks and cohort, subjects (comparing 4U maths to like General) and etc too much as they are not that relevant.

I just suggest you use that every second until the HSC very wisely and stop thinking negative, I am quite sure you will do well if you put your mind together :)

So if you spend less time on BOS and maybe open up a textbook or so, it may help a lot :)... Every second is valuable.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
School's ranking: I'm not too sure where to find this, but the better education site said it's state overall was 84? (not sure if that helps)

Mine (as of end of term 2)
Studies of religion 1 unit--> Ranked 5, mark:81
English extension 1--> ranked 2, mark:84
English Advanced--> ranked 17, mark: 74
General Maths--> ranked 32, mark 74
Modern History--> ranked 10, mark 67
Senior Science--> ranked 2, 95

Unfortuantly I can't give you my end of term three rankings because I have no idea what they would be (but I'm certain most would have gone up a few places at least but those will have to do)
Yeah, you're probably not going to get 60. You're looking at what... 80-odd at least.

It is really hard, and when someone makes me study I get all angry with them haha.
I'm really just looking at a bachelor of Arts at Newcastle, Majoring in both English and Philosophy, then if all goes well and i'm having fun maybe honours. i've also got half an eye on Macquarie.

What is architecture like?
nice choice.

I'm feeling uncertain to. I require an Atar of 87 but I'm completely paranoid about scaling, my cohort, subjects, weighing, etc. During the holidays, on average I did 1-2 hours every day. However, teachers were saying that we should dedicate days where we do nothing but study, which I never did. What I find helps though is picturing me getting into my course, and vision myself in the fields I choose. I wish you luck :)
Just try your best.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
We need a support group for people with high pressure parents and no motivation haha. I lost my drive about mid term one this year, boy did some of my half yearly marks get me into trouble.
lol yes we do.. and wow I lost my drive at around the same time xD I broke down right after my semester one results... good thing my parents don't read too English and work during the day. I kinda intercepted the report :p

Just a general question.. does your school rank affect your marks a lot?

bertstare

HSC
Your current marks as well as your school's rank is on track to be at least 75+, possibly even 80 IMO.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Me! I feel the same. =)

Do what we can these upcoming months.

HSC
Yeah, you're probably not going to get 60. You're looking at what... 80-odd at least.
The seriousness of the first half of that gave me a heart attack :/ haha

lol yes we do.. and wow I lost my drive at around the same time xD I broke down right after my semester one results... good thing my parents don't read too English and work during the day. I kinda intercepted the report :p

Just a general question.. does your school rank affect your marks a lot?
A number of my teaches told me to straighten up and work hard, I sort of pulled stuff back a bit but still not where I should be.

I've read a number of discussions about school rankings. How I see it is if you do really well you should do well regardless. It's just a way to balance things out, but I'm probably wrong. Maybe someone else could help??

enoilgam

HSC
I've read a number of discussions about school rankings. How I see it is if you do really well you should do well regardless. It's just a way to balance things out, but I'm probably wrong. Maybe someone else could help??
School rank doesnt affect your ATAR, but the strength of your cohort does. Estimators use school rank to give them a rough idea on how strong your cohort is.

ExcelHSC

HSC
This happens to most of us.
It happened to me aswell, I forced my self to study.
Imaging going to uni and leaving Year 12 was my drive :)
Also I had to beat my cousins ATAR's :D
Which I ended up doing, so my point is, trying finding a drive.
For me it was beating cousins, for you it might be beating your friends, getting into your desired course.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
The seriousness of the first half of that gave me a heart attack :/ haha

A number of my teaches told me to straighten up and work hard, I sort of pulled stuff back a bit but still not where I should be.

lol my teachers says I stress too much and need to chill. One teacher however says I need to pull my socks up xD

Zai94

HSC
Yep ur not the only one freakin out...i feel like ii worked so hard in year 11 that by the time term four came and we started year 12 i was bludging and had little motivation left...now its just like whatever happenz i dont care lol cause anything can happen between now nd hsc...u couldve been coming last in all ur subjects but top em at the end so its hard to plan where youll end up. But good luck to everyone out there :)

eat_well

HSC
I definitely have a sense of uncertainty. I'm scared that I'll flop in trials and all my ranks would be pushed down so I end up getting an atar in the low 80s.
It's so worrying :S.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Defininitely :/, I just got my results ....

RishBonjour

HSC
I'm just scared about english (I can imagine a 60% HSC mark) and physics (nothing above band 4).
scared. very scared.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)