Who got 100 UAI in 2008? (1 Viewer)

shaon0

HSC
lyounamu said:
lol, have you been reading at all?

there is no "side". Everyone conforms to the chance that aggregate of 500 is possible.

And no, Laurie is not the smartest person but how can you measure smartness really? What is it based on? In terms of HSC, he is the smartest guy - no doubt about that.

We have just been talking if it is really likely in few years to come that laurie's record gets beaten.
Oh sorry. Well it's likely that it will be beaten because the longer the HSC is in place for the higher the chances of someone beating Laurie's aggregate.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
shaon0 said:
Oh sorry. Well it's likely that it will be beaten because the longer the HSC is in place for the higher the chances of someone beating Laurie's aggregate.
What if the HSC system (referring to UAI system especially) changes like the last time?

I don't think anyone will beat his record. It's just too hard...(however possible of course). State ranks in all his subjects (except one) is just crazy (and four of them are 1sts in the state with top 5 for the rest and 11th)

I am sure the system like UAI system will probably change in a decade's time and in that 10 years of time or so (prob more), beating Laurie will be like beating Roger Federer at his prime time on his favourite court.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
theres a girl at nsg class of 09 who i BET you will get 100 UAI and state rank in almost all (if not all) of her subjects. she's a beast. there hasn't been anyone in the recent history of nsg who could possibly beat her.

if anyone can beat 497, its her :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Timothy.Siu said:
lol just accelerate from like yr 7
and start working hard then
Um, what difference would it really make though?

It will be unlikely that someone from yr 7-8 would get a state rank given that he/she has some premature writing skills/comprehensions skills than most senior years. In order for them to really beat laurie, they should be like swain who accelerate but still get some awesome results (like 1st in the state or top 5 at least).

If swain accelerated from yr 9 and got those exact results in yr 10, he would have had a chance of beating laurie overall...but god, who knows..

shaon0

HSC
lyounamu said:
What if the HSC system (referring to UAI system especially) changes like the last time?

I don't think anyone will beat his record. It's just too hard...(however possible of course). State ranks in all his subjects (except one) is just crazy (and four of them are 1sts in the state with top 5 for the rest and 11th)

I am sure the system like UAI system will probably change in a decade's time and in that 10 years of time or so (prob more), beating Laurie will be like beating Roger Federer at his prime time on his favourite court.
Yeah, just depends on how long the HSC/UAI system stays for in its current format.
Give it another 10 years or so (assuming it'll last that long) someone will have got 500.
lol, i just realised my post count is 1234.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
xxstef said:
theres a girl at nsg class of 09 who i BET you will get 100 UAI and state rank in almost all (if not all) of her subjects. she's a beast. there hasn't been anyone in the recent history of nsg who could possibly beat her.

if anyone can beat 497, its her :D
That's good to hear. But JUST STATE RANKS will not suffice. She will have to top the state for 3 subjects (or 6 units worth of subjects) or thereabout AT LEAST.

Can she do that? For the rest of her subjects, she will have to come top 5 in the state or top 10 in the state at least.

By looking at the Duxes of NSGH and SGH, I say, it's very unlikely. But there are always exceptions. :)

shaon0 said:
Yeah, just depends on how long the HSC/UAI system stays for in its current format.
Give it another 10 years or so (assuming it'll last that long) someone will have got 500.
lol, i just realised my post count is 1234.
Do you realise that 500 aggregate = TOP IN THE STATE for 4-5 subjects (i.e. 10 units worth or thereabout).

It doesn't just take a genius to get that. It takes the LUCKIEST genius to get that.

Last edited:

georgefren

HSC
Has she topped every single subject every single year like laurie field did? Nobody has come even close at our school: even the four uai's of 100 only topped one subject each.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
georgefren said:
Has she topped every single subject every single year like laurie field did? Nobody has come even close at our school: even the four uai's of 100 only topped one subject each.
On top of that,
sydney grammar's top students > NSGH's top students really

It's more like

Ruse's top = sydney grammar's top

sirfeathers

HSC
lyounamu said:
On top of that,

It's more like

at this exceptional level that we're talking about, i don't think it's a matter of school. a person with agg 500 would be amazing wherever they were

daniel swain went to a >50 ranked school, remember

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
sirfeathers said:
at this exceptional level that we're talking about, i don't think it's a matter of school. a person with agg 500 would be amazing wherever they were

daniel swain went to a >50 ranked school, remember
Yes, agreed. But generally speaking....

About the underlined part: no...he went to smith hills which is a selective. I think it's around top 30 or something like that.

sirfeathers

HSC
lyounamu said:
Yes, agreed. But generally speaking....

About the underlined part: no...he went to smith hills which is a selective. I think it's around top 30 or something like that.
it was 58th this year

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
sirfeathers said:
it was 58th this year
oh i see. I remembered seeing smiths hill like in 37th few years back...

to LordPC:

Modern History
History Extension
EEX1
EEX2
English (Advanced)
Society & Culture
Comp Literature
Drama

dp624

HSC
lyounamu said:
On top of that,

It's more like

well ruse has more top than grammar does... so yea

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
well ruse has more top than grammar does... so yea
I was referring to "quality"...I am sorry that I wasn't being specific.

georgefren

HSC
Hmm thats not fair!

We had five on 99.95 who should have been 100 if it hadnt been for english scaling badly this year. Menzies (topped 4maths), Letcher (topped two subjects, state listed in like three more), Vallance (topped two, state listed in two more), Cameron (state listed in three). Plus our dux, Sastrawan, only got 99.95. which is like the first time a dux hasnt got 100 in years i think.

dp624

HSC
hey, we had ELEVEN (or thereabouts) on 99.95

and max got 89 english... no way is that a 100uai material

Last edited:

sirfeathers

HSC
georgefren said:
Hmm thats not fair!

We had five on 99.95 who should have been 100 if it hadnt been for english scaling badly this year. Menzies (topped 4maths), Letcher (topped two subjects, state listed in like three more), Vallance (topped two, state listed in two more), Cameron (state listed in three). Plus our dux, Sastrawan, only got 99.95. which is like the first time a dux hasnt got 100 in years i think.
yeah but i bet james ruse had a lot of 99.95s as well... you can't really blame the fact that a particular subject has slightly different scaling from year to year - especially english which, being compulsory, would disadvantage everyone equally. plus, if something "scaled badly", it means that the people doing the course did not get good overall results, in which case it would be easier for smarter people to do well in that course comparatively. Besides, isn't 4 100s pretty standard for SGS? It's normally like 2-5 per year, right?

edit: above post was too quick for me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)