Who got state ranks? (1 Viewer)

Danoraptor

HSC
Uni Grad
I presume that state rankers would be informed by bostes 1 week before the results come out. So who are those who managed to get state ranks, what is your rank and what subjects did you get it for?
I am very confident that I got in the top 100% for all my subjects.

emilios

HSC
i believe the first in course students are told to keep quiet until the ceremony. would be tough to contain the excitement though lol

Samir97

HSC
Nope, to state rank 3u, BOSTES according to their website compares results with 4u cos a lot tie 100, hence reasoning why all state ranks for 3U are also 4U students. Therefore it is impossible for 2U students to state rank 3U unless they do not tie with a 4U student.
Doesn't it depend on the school they go to and their internal ranks in the school aswell?

photastic

HSC
Doesn't it depend on the school they go to and their internal ranks in the school aswell?
School is irrelevant but BOSTES will go to the minute details to distinguish those who tied the highest hsc mark. Except for the school part to the question, I cannot answer since I dont work for BOS and I didn't get one :p

All I can do is quote from BOSTES. "If two or more students receive the top HSC mark, the average of the examination mark and the assessment mark (each to one decimal place) is then used to select the top student(s). In the case of extension courses, if two or more students receive equal marks then the marks awarded for other courses in the subject area are also taken into consideration."

Samir97

HSC
School is irrelevant but BOSTES will go to the minute details to distinguish those who tied the highest hsc mark. Except for the school part to the question, I cannot answer since I dont work for BOS and I didn't get one :p

All I can do is quote from BOSTES. "If two or more students receive the top HSC mark, the average of the examination mark and the assessment mark (each to one decimal place) is then used to select the top student(s). In the case of extension courses, if two or more students receive equal marks then the marks awarded for other courses in the subject area are also taken into consideration."
Oh makes sense, thanks then

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
This time tomorrow, will we know the rest of the state rankings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
When do the papers etc start covering state rankings?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)