Who got What? -Results for SC (1 Viewer)

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
lyk ONG i managed 89 for eNgLiSh!!!!11!!1!!! :D :D :D :D :D

...sorry :p well yeah, you can see from that i don't o very well in english normally :p i remember saying once that it would be a miracle for me to get a band 6 in engish somewhere here on BoS, and see, i got a near-miracle in the sc! not bad!...for me :p

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
m0ofin said:
My school apparently only allows the top 60 students in the grade into Advanced English - taking in consideration both the yearly assessments + sc. Is this normal procedure? Because it scared the bloody crap out of me.
I would doubt that that is normal procedure.

Most schools only allow the top students in english in year 10 to take up advanced english in years 11 and 12, but it depends on how many students are willing to do advanced english.

So there could be only a few students doing advanced english in one school, but in another school the whole grade could be doing advanced english.

It all really depends on the school that you go to.

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I would doubt that that is normal procedure.

Most schools only allow the top students in english in year 10 to take up advanced english in years 11 and 12, but it depends on how many students are willing to do advanced english.

So there could be only a few students doing advanced english in one school, but in another school the whole grade could be doing advanced english.

It all really depends on the school that you go to.
My school allows anybody to do english advanced, but only has restrictions for people who want to do extension 1 english.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Wooz said:
My school allows anybody to do english advanced, but only has restrictions for people who want to do extension 1 english.
Ofcourse, I don't think they let just anyone do extension 1 english. I'm not sure if my schools having it, we only had about 3 or 4 people interested before but I guess after we got our results, more people are thinking about joining. Btw, Wooz are you thinking of doing it?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
m0ofin said:
Ofcourse, I don't think they let just anyone do extension 1 english. I'm not sure if my schools having it, we only had about 3 or 4 people interested before but I guess after we got our results, more people are thinking about joining. Btw, Wooz are you thinking of doing it?
Yeah, im doing it, even though i got band 4 (78) for english, i came 4th/122 students at my current school, in advanced english, i just changed schools im going to penrith selective for 11/12, they do not offer Standard english only advanced and they force students to do EXT 1 because extension courses are in the subject lines and aren't studied offline. At my current school only 5 or 6 people chose english EXT 1.

Last edited:

airie

HSC
m0ofin said:
Like same here! On the exam day i was gonna do anything to get a band 5 or higher. ANYTHING! Even sacrificing my brother's bed and my day's lunch. And like when i got my results I was like *slowly open folio*peek*peek*crosses fingers*OMG!!!!*SQUEEE!!!* Lol, I sound so lame. That was the one exam I studied so damn hard for.

My school apparently only allows the top 60 students in the grade into Advanced English - taking in consideration both the yearly assessments + sc. Is this normal procedure? Because it scared the bloody crap out of me.
lol so did you get 89 too? :p hehe still can't believe this is true...but it is! :D

weird, how come your school only allows some ppl to do ext english? that's not very fair...at my school they make EVERYONE do adv eng next year. ha. including me who is a total english...uhh...(see i can't even think of a word for it :p)...basically something like a fool. XP

HSC
I got 76 for english, and I'm doing extension english too. But if I have the same english teacher as this year, I'm screwed. :(

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
I got 76 for english, and I'm doing extension english too. But if I have the same english teacher as this year, I'm screwed. :(
At my school the people in the top class have had the same teacher since yr 7 because the rest of the english staff are junior teachers and she's also teaching ext 1 and 2. Some people in my class did quite badly in the SC so there screwed.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
airie said:
lol so did you get 89 too? :p hehe still can't believe this is true...but it is! :D

weird, how come your school only allows some ppl to do ext english? that's not very fair...at my school they make EVERYONE do adv eng next year. ha. including me who is a total english...uhh...(see i can't even think of a word for it :p)...basically something like a fool. XP
Nope, I got 93, man, I really hope it wasn't a fluke lol.
They apparently only have that lame restriction on Adv English only, I think they'll allow most people who actually wants to do Ext in provided they've got the marks. I personally would like to do it but but but but...I don't wanna do speeches!! *is lame*
Do you think it's better if the school made everyone do advanced or only make 2 or 3 classes?

Wooz said:
At my school the people in the top class have had the same teacher since yr 7 because the rest of the english staff are junior teachers and she's also teaching ext 1 and 2. Some people in my class did quite badly in the SC so there screwed
I've had the same maths teacher for 3 years and been in the same class with like 12 people since year 7, ahaha, we're like family now *sings*We are family! I've got all my sisters with me!

HSC
In year 7, 8 and 9 i had the same maths teacher (he was really good) but then he changed schools, and we were stuck with this other teacher. :(

airie

HSC
m0ofin said:
Nope, I got 93, man, I really hope it wasn't a fluke lol.
They apparently only have that lame restriction on Adv English only, I think they'll allow most people who actually wants to do Ext in provided they've got the marks. I personally would like to do it but but but but...I don't wanna do speeches!! *is lame*
Do you think it's better if the school made everyone do advanced or only make 2 or 3 classes?
93! that is so cool! gimme five! :D

hmm i dunno, but i guess i don't really mind the school making everyone do avd english...i mean you can still do standard in yr12 if you want, so meh. :p

chocolate_lover said:
In year 7, 8 and 9 i had the same maths teacher (he was really good) but then he changed schools, and we were stuck with this other teacher. :(
lol i've been having the same maths teacher since i came to this school haha :p but don't think i'm gonna have her again next year, i could cram 14 units into my timetable so that means no offline classes :D

angel_rakshya

^^ $m!L3
HSC
vizman said:
hey guys.

i got

maths: band 6 (94)
english: band 5 (89)
science: band 6 (94)
geo: band 6 (90)
his: band 6 (91)
OMG!! i got 94 for science n 90 for geography tOo...
rest all sucked.. :p

English..85
History .. 88
Maths..88

HNCS

Fanatic
HSC
Let's see..Well..i got a pretty bad maths mark,...considering I'm best at maths..Can't believe..it...Becuase of maths..I'm saying i did pretty bad in SC...oh and of course..english too...bad...(just according to my own expectations...sigh..)

English 83(band 5)
Maths 89(band 5)
science 91(band 6)
history 93(band 6)
geogrpahy 91(band 6)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
HNCS said:
Let's see..Well..i got a pretty bad maths mark,...considering I'm best at maths..Can't believe..it...Becuase of maths..I'm saying i did pretty bad in SC...oh and of course..english too...bad...(just according to my own expectations...sigh..)

English 83(band 5)
Maths 89(band 5)
science 91(band 6)
history 93(band 6)
geogrpahy 91(band 6)
they are actually very good marks

so dont beat yourself up about these marks

just worry about the next 2 years of school, the SC is nothing if you're going on to years 11 and 12

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
airie said:
93! that is so cool! gimme five! :D

hmm i dunno, but i guess i don't really mind the school making everyone do avd english...i mean you can still do standard in yr12 if you want, so meh. :p

lol i've been having the same maths teacher since i came to this school haha :p but don't think i'm gonna have her again next year, i could cram 14 units into my timetable so that means no offline classes :D
Yay! *hi 5!*holds hands and dances* We two are now living proof that miracles do happen...with study ofcourse :D

It makes me wonder, what if an individual was not up to scratch in year 11 for advanced? Are they gonna make the person keep it till the end of the year?

Ext 1 English at my school would have to be offline I think, it's only two periods a wk. Anyone know how their Ext classes are gonna be set up? (maybe only if your school had rollover this year)

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
just worry about the next 2 years of school, the SC is nothing if you're going on to years 11 and 12
I have lost count at how many times someone has said this sentence in some form or another. It should be stickied up in every sc thread next year to save those poor miserable souls from the horror and destruction of the sc aftermath. Lol, long words -_-"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)