• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who has ASTHSMA? will i have it till the day i die? (1 Viewer)

nerd4lyf

HSC
wtf

i use ventolin which is useless but i also use SERITIDE

every 2 dayyz the asthma kums back!!

fkn ANNOYING

will i have it for life or will it just die out?

i dont like using seritide every too often bkoz APPARENTLY it effects growth :S

kara42

HSC
i uzd 2 hav asthma wen i wuz li'l but it wen awaii.
but den it cum bak resentlii

But seriously.
I lost it for like 10 years or something.

dp624

HSC
i've had asthma since like i was ~5yrs old? it hasn't really improved

spence

HSC
I had it for ages, but I haven't had it for about 5 years or so

boris

Banned
HSC
I had athsma now im a mad cunt

But seriously you can kind of grow out of it and it can also get worse.

boobarella

HSC
Sometimes it goes away, i used to have it bad when i was little. In hospital all the time from asthma attacks. But i dont have it anymore. havnt had it for years.

johony

HSC
my asthma was so much worse when i was using medication, now that i don't use any (ventolin, seretide..anything), i rarely get wheezing or shortness of breath; unless i'm doing intense physical activity.

try and hold off medication for a few days to see if it has any positive effects on you, or change to different preventer.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I use Seretide twice a day. Depends on the individual- some may have it for life whilsts others may see it gradually fade away.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
I have very mild asthma now though I had two major attacks when I was like 4 years old. Occassionally need ventolin/seretide after runs or really intense physical activity but nowadays I can fight it :)

charlie91

HSC
hey i have asthma too, went to hospital once when i was younger (i still remeber me shouting and running out of breath each time, it was the worst experience). but my best medication was and still is exercise, but yeah i still use ventolin (not the best) and red seretide (i like that one).

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Nope. It could be partly genetic, partly epigenetic, partly environmental - they don't know for sure yet.
they've discovered higher rates of developing asthmatics in densely populated city centres which they contribute to higher pollution levels. i don't think it's been proven though?

Epic

HSC
I have asthma, my dad had/has asthma and so did his dad. They both "grew out of it" when they were about 19 - 20 so I'm hoping that will be the same for me lol.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I am a chronic asthmatic, or at least i was growing up, my medical file is thicker than a phone book and i was in and out of hospital a dozen times a year. Its much better nowadays but i of course still have it, you never really lose it but it can be managed.

When i moved out of home it got a lot better, i managed and controlled my environment to be very clean, and of course back at parent place they had animals i was allergic to, cats, dogs, rabbits and guinea pigs which didnt really help.

Ideally a hyper clean environment with no animals, no flowers or any bullshit, lots of fresh air and not living in the city would mean i have minimal symptoms. Medication like seritide help control it, and ventolin when you wheeze. Also fitness helps a lot.

I would say its partly genetic as my dad has it, and my uncle on my mums side died from it, but also environmental as its worse during spring with all the pollen, or during winter if i let my chest get cold. The worst thing is dust, keep it away and keep a clean room, sleep with the window open etc.

absorber

HSC
Depends if you were born with it, if it's genetic, if it's caused by allergens etc. If it's genetic, you can theoretically never 'lose' asthma, but it can go away if you help your allergy or get more fit and healthy. I'd be shocked if seretide stunted growth, HEAPS of people use it o,O. If it really annoys you I suggest swimming regularly, it has amazing effects if you stick at it

mitch179

HSC
I had asthma when I was very little up until about the age of 5.
Then when I was about 8 or 9, it came back for about a week.

But since then, I've never had it again.

*Touch wood*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)