Who has goals of going to Harvard University? (2 Viewers)

arjungamer123

HSC
They do, a lot of the NFL players are Harvard graduates.
Nah bro, it doesn't . It doesn't have academic scholarships either. It just has generous financial aid for anyone that NEEDS it, that's all. Furthermore, Harvard players suck at the NFL level, hence there aren't many. There's one Harvard QB right now in the NFL, and he's terrible. The big NFL feeder schools are USC, Tennessee, Ole Miss, LSU, Texas and Oklahoma.

Do you know if any kind of conversion for Atar to Sat. Maybe a rough estimate? would 99.8 atar be around 2350 sat points?
ATAR comes from HSC, which comes from knowledge of a subject.

SAT Reasoning Tests come from logic and reasoning; hence there is no conversion available.

arjungamer123

HSC
Pretty sure being an accomplished sports player gets you into Ivy's a lot easier.

And about the SATs, check the collegeboard website for syllabi. The maths is 2u standard, but the sciences are more maths focused.
True, it gets you in easier, but anyone who's serious about sports goes to a big state school which has million-dollar coaches and stuff.

SAT Reasoning Test doesn't even compare to HSC, but arguably, HSC comapres to SAT Subject Tests. Though AP Subjects compare better.

artist91

HSC
They do, a lot of the NFL players are Harvard graduates.
Nah not so much these days. Most top football recruits will rather go to athletic powerhouse schools in the big conferences like Pac10. Schools like Michigan, USC, Tennessee, Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Texas will attract more athletes (especially footballers) than the Ivy League schools which aren't as athletic (apart from sports such as rowing).

X

xeuyrawp

That's a really long list... I think you should consider which universities are the best in your field instead of just hoping to get into any one of them just because of the name.
hahah, he clearly hasn't looked into them at all.

rx34

HSC
Meh, no harvard for me! I'm going to live in my little country town with a local degree :)

Epic

HSC
I hate the idea that the Ivy League (and Stanford, etc) practically put as much emphasis on extra curricular activities as they do on academic merit.

My goal is to attend a British university for postgraduate studies. Preferably Cambridge, Oxford, Impreial College London, UCL, etc. Atleast their admissions are based on academic merit and not how good you are at baseball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)