Who have higher standards: Men or Women? (1 Viewer)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
crossover said:
1. Whether or not it was, i was reading it and it seems to have changed to an attack on his belief instead of sticking to the topic.
2. It does, its having power over your own desires and impulses, which is the definition of self control.
3. ... just for the sake of having a number 3?
4. ? what do u mean profit?
lol

HSC
nishan--- said:
everyone knows women dont have standard they are just walking around waiting for something to enter them, the dumb gooks
sounds like youre upset that the "something" theyre waiting for has never been your penis.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I don't believe any 17 year old guy is getting that much sex thrown at them that it's an effort not to give in. If you said jacking off, yeh that'd be self-control (and even more stupid).

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
The latter being based on nothing at all? How do they possibly have a right to?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
As far as long term partners go, I think men are just as picky. I mean, notice on TV how it's always the 30 year old woman who has trouble finding love?

u-borat

Banned
HSC
on the other side of the coin, you have "find the farmer a wife" and other such shows.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Ya but notice how that's like 50 desperate women wanting some country stud dude?
Women have the whole carreer vs family problem still.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Riet said:
I think men are just as picky. I mean, notice on TV how it's always the 30 year old woman who has trouble finding love?
From that statement i'd think the opposite, i mean maybe the women are too picky themselves and can't find the 'perfect guy' - you know the one to sweep them of their feet, good looking, intelligent, easy to manipulate, and has heaps of money.... is that even possible? Just look at all those shit shows like sex and the city, finding "mr perfect". People watched that show religously for 6 seasons, yet the main character looked like a shaved scrotum and had no chance of picking up anyone with any decent qualities.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
I actually think this is a complicated question, given it raises the main causes of attraction and correspondingly a good working definition of 'standards' is appropriate. If you think of standards within a 'attracted to' framework (not specifically sex or dating) then I actually think men hold higher standards, as their attraction circuitry is primarily visual based (i.e. the females "looks"). This is biological, however it can be viewed particularly from a liberal feminist standpoint as superficial and shallow. On attraction alone, if a woman is conventionally beautiful then she will have 'passed' the man's standard (this is not to say he would actually do anything beyond this, given that an interplay of personality etc would then come into play). For the woman though, her standard for attraction is much more fluid and distant from social rigidity. They are constantly judging, based on behavioural traits which align with her biological impressions of masculinity. This can be a variable and often confusing process, even for the female herself (given that the males 'attractiveness' can be lost very quickly at anytime in comparison to the male quickly making up his mind and the female from that point "having passed his test").

So to answer in short, if you are talking about standards in the purely physical realm, the answer is males. In a more complicated, prolonged judging sense, definitely females.

Last edited:

hopethisworks

Banned
North Manly Beach Sexual Preference: Centaur Bans
HSC
N/A
1. Whether or not it was, i was reading it and it seems to have changed to an attack on his belief instead of sticking to the topic.
2. It does, its having power over your own desires and impulses, which is the definition of self control.
3. ... just for the sake of having a number 3?
4. ? what do u mean profit?
lol.

iiinsane02

HSC
I actually think this is a complicated question, given it raises the main causes of attraction and correspondingly a good working definition of 'standards' is appropriate. If you think of standards within a 'attracted to' framework (not specifically sex or dating) then I actually think men hold higher standards, as their attraction circuitry is primarily visual based (i.e. the females "looks"). This is biological, however it can be viewed particularly from a liberal feminist standpoint as superficial and shallow. On attraction alone, if a woman is conventionally beautiful then she will have 'passed' the man's standard (this is not to say he would actually do anything beyond this, given that an interplay of personality etc would then come into play). For the woman though, her standard for attraction is much more fluid and distant from social rigidity. They are constantly judging, based on behavioural traits which align with her biological impressions of masculinity. This can be a variable and often confusing process, even for the female herself (given that the males 'attractiveness' can be lost very quickly at anytime in comparison to the male quickly making up his mind and the female from that point "having passed his test").

So to answer in short, if you are talking about standards in the purely physical realm, the answer is males. In a more complicated, prolonged judging sense, definitely females.
+1.
Amen to that.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
homo men have high standards too. they cant walk out the door withOUT a louis vuitton handbag, high heels and latest brand trendy clothes what ever they are.
they dont accept pret-a- porter shit

Last edited:

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
homo men have high standards too. They cant walk out the door with a louis vuitton handbag, high heels and latest brand trendy clothes what ever they are.
They dont accept pret-a- porter shit
lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)