Who here got nominated for art express? (1 Viewer)

tro

i wouldn't say digital art is easy....i did a 3D animation and had to wait 25 minutes every time i wanted to open my damn scene because it was so complex. Its taken me 4 years to learn how to do that stuff and i HATE it when ppl tell me how easy it is to create stuff like it. It shows their irgnorance. The computer DOES NOT create everythign for me. I have to sit there and make every single part of my characters and set..usdually from a 3D box sculpting away at it WITH A MOUSE all whilst making it look right and keep it low quality enuff to be able to move on screen... i then have to totally texture it all and after that put bones and muscles into them. AFTER THAT comes the harder bit which is actually animating and making it believable. I don't think its fair people assume how easy things are before they sit down and try it for themself.

End Rant

Last edited:

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
B (Canoodle) - thanks... I wish i could've gotten to see your works! How did the nominations go for abbo?

- M A D D O G Z -

silbi

I GOT PRE SELECTED =D WOOT

I dunno why but i was the only one in our school?
our of 2 art classes~

Last edited:

KT_Boomsticks

yeah i was pre selected or nominated whatever u wanna call it
i was really suprised caus my teacher wasn't all that positive
and my art work is pretty personal all about memory process and my journey 2 Greece (without focusing on the culture, mainly the architecture and ocean)

i was pretty disappointed by the standard of art express last year 2, everything kind of fitted into little boxes - cultural, teen angst etc. there was way too much 'my life is so hard' stuff, but isnt there always

jaNetix

they want to display the best of yr 12
then display the best from the widest range off stuff....
its gettin broing these days seein the same stuff

NeverSummer

That probably was the best...whatever is there its usually well done. There were quite a few works that were just good paintings, or pieces that were aesthetically pleasing...

jaNetix

i dont think there rewarding individuality as much a sthey should...just my opinion
im not denying the stuff there is not good!..much of it is...but...same ol same ol..(concept wise)

NeverSummer

Yeah it does get repetitive, but if there is something original and it is well done, then im sure it would get in.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Yeah, that's the problem. It has to be original concept-wise, they have to see that, and then it probably should be techinically on par as well...

allyteaded

Originally posted by tro
i wouldn't say digital art is easy....i did a 3D animation and had to wait 25 minutes every time i wanted to open my damn scene because it was so complex. Its taken me 4 years ... I don't think its fair people assume how easy things are before they sit down and try it for themself.

End Rant
Sorry I should have specified >_<;

When I said Digital Art I was refering to the sort you hang up on walls not animation. The stuff that was everywhere in Art Gallery of NSW in 2002 Art Express.

I've tried a bit of animation. I know it's hard.

I shouldn't have said easy though. What I meant to say was making mistakes could be handled better. When it's something tangible I guess it depends on how skilled and lucky you are but it's quite difficult to cover up your mistake or fix it. There isn't an "undo" button.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Woah woah woah. I'm so confused (not unusual, but kindly stop making those snide comments now)... So when people are talking about "pre-selection" and "nominated" are they talking about the same thing? Because, well, pre-selected sounds like, straight into Art Express?:confused:

Canoodle

Loves it
HSC
(Carson) yeah we got 5 nominations, my artworks are somewhere in this thread, good luck again -- and with the rest of hsc if ur still goin!
soon to party hard !

xxx

Binbin

Originally posted by form_n_focus
If we havnt got mail on friday does that mean we def. arent in?? could there still b more in the mail? is mail deliverable on weekends? A guy in my class got in and he lives a few suburbs away (no offense but his work is shit) and id be pissed off if neither me or my friend who constantly got best marks didnt get in and he did (im trying my best not to sound up myself but hey)

don't be disappoited, i got the same experience as you. I mean my work is voted as the most popular one in my school art show, but the reality is, my other several classmates got in but not me. i found the similarity is most of their works are on environment issues. some people explained to me it happens every year, i reckon some of the works in art express are crap, i don't mean all, but they reflect similar aspect, i s'pose that what the BOS is looking for, not just terrific skills or ideas but variety on the current issues.
anyway, don't be upet, mate. not getting into art express doesn't mean our UAI will be low, sometimes the full mark can't get in the pre-selection either.

Binbin

to SuPeRaM,
i believe your B.O.W must be fantastic, but could you make the link easy to access, thanks. I definitely reckon what you said, and look forward to seeing your work.

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
The markers came to our school last Friday... :rolleyes:

How long do they take to tell you if you've been selected?

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
if that's the case, damn :(

oh well... at least now i won't have to write a description of my work!! :D

berT

bloody hell! stupid board of studies ppl making me all stressed out, and upset...! I thought i didn't get preselected, cause i didn't get a letter.. when everyone else at my school got one!.. but it turns out today, that my letter was lost!! my art teacher rang to tell me, i actually did get preselected!!.. far out man! so don't worry ppl who didn't get preselected, maybe there is hope yet!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)