Who here uses their state library for resources and references? (1 Viewer)

Fake-Name

HSC
Hey, Today our Modern history class went down to the state library of NSW to learn how to fill out those slips, and/or have books mailed to our local library.

This was related to our historical investigation, which we are expected to use multiple books for references, and if possible, primary sources.

However, we were told that when the HSC was close the library is full of senior students studying from the state's resources.

Just wondering, does anybody on here do this?
How common is this?

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
I'd imagine that a relatively quiet & distraction-free environment would be in high demand closer to the HSC.

That said, I much prefer university libraries (Auchumuty @ UNCLE or Fischer @ USYD) as they seem much more deserted during semester break and weekends- and thus TRULY distraction free.

I will be there from 9am until 5pm the entire holidays lol

Sammy2011

HSC
Ha, I'm on the Central Coast.

Best thing we have is a public council library that closes at 4:30pm.

b0redAsian

HSC
I'd imagine that a relatively quiet & distraction-free environment would be in high demand closer to the HSC.

That said, I much prefer university libraries (Auchumuty @ UNCLE or Fischer @ USYD) as they seem much more deserted during semester break and weekends- and thus TRULY distraction free.

aren't uni libraries only allowed to be accessed by uni students :S?

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
NSW State Library is AWESOME for studying for final hsc exams, except for the epic cram. That said, you can also wander and study in random areas of the Library if you want. Cool :)

random bus

HSC
yep i've use it for my pip major and extension history better than any library in western sydney.

twistedrebel

HSC

Do you live in between sydney and newcastle

bouncing

HSC
yeah like ppl have said you dont need one for fisher @ usyd
i was there today - not that many people (alot of old grandpas reading newspapers???) or maybe it was just me... but i swear i saw at least 4

Sammy2011

HSC
Uh no, you have Ourimbah...
Yes, I am aware that I have Ourimbah university.

I would have mentioned it if I live anywhere near the campus, however this is not the case. So I'm stuck with the local library, which will more then likely be closing in a couple of months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)