Who is genuinely feeling like they lost all hope? (1 Viewer)

leaf-monkey

HSC
N/A
Seriously, don't stress to much over one set of results, because you have more opportunities to improve!
Trust me, I was horrifide when I got my half-yearlies back as well, but realistically we still half half the course to go, plenty of time to pick it all up again. It'll all be sweet:)

madharris

HSC
N/A
THen use those 50's - 70's to motivate you for trials!
See where you went wrong and work on it!

pscecelia

HSC
same boat as you ...I don't think I could ever improve though....procrastination to tha MAXXX!!! but this is what I do to motivate me....think of someone in that class who you just wanna wkack with a text book and it really gets you going.... :D

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I have said this before on BOS, don't get into that cycle of negativity every time you do bad! Just work hard and stay positive. I cannot reinforce this enough, a little positivity goes a long way.

Kurby

HSC
N/A
There's too much focus on "one exam". Seriously there are so many paths after high school to take to get to where you want. Plus no point chasing courses with the highest ATAR. That's how universities hook people in because they are more "prestigious". The more people can't get, the more people want. i.e. the higher the ATAR cutoff, the more people want to get into the course.

Makematics

HSC
There's too much focus on "one exam". Seriously there are so many paths after high school to take to get to where you want. Plus no point chasing courses with the highest ATAR. That's how universities hook people in because they are more "prestigious". The more people can't get, the more people want. i.e. the higher the ATAR cutoff, the more people want to get into the course.
don't people also tend to choose uni courses which will lead them into high paying jobs?

MK2308

HSC
I've definitely lost hope. Did horrible all round in my half yearlies and I realllyyyy don't see myself improving. But I'm determined to make a change.. and hopefully my determination will get me far ><

Kurby

HSC
N/A
don't people also tend to choose uni courses which will lead them into high paying jobs?
Partly. But imagine doing 40 hours a week or more in a job that pays well but you hate for 40 years. Not a pleasant experience.

+ there are other paths to university such as through TAFE or colleges.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty much university entry into courses are over-rated given how much easier it is to transfer.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Partly. But imagine doing 40 hours a week or more in a job that pays well but you hate for 40 years. Not a pleasant experience.

+ there are other paths to university such as through TAFE or colleges.
+1. Do something for the passion , not $$.

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
+1. Do something for the passion , not $$.
I love photography, its my passion but no way in the world would i consider it a full time job due to shit pay. Although having an interest in your job is an important factor, i believe that your salary is another aspect to your decision to follow a certain career path.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
I bless you all...there's always hope!! Good luck :)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I love photography, its my passion but no way in the world would i consider it a full time job due to shit pay. Although having an interest in your job is an important factor, i believe that your salary is another aspect to your decision to follow a certain career path.
+1

The career path that one chooses is not solely based on one factor such as interest. It is a confluence of interest, pay, opportunities etc...

While it is important to remain in a career that one is comfortable with, and has great interest; there should always be consideration for future earning capacity.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)