Who is getting excited for uni? (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Sounds like legally blonde wannabes to me :p

Yeah I'm looking forward to uni!

Thinking about whether to get a laptop or not...

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Untill the offers come out and i know for sure what im going to be doing, i'm not really thinking about it much, let alone preparing for it.

I hve purchased a laptop though. But thats mainly for personal use (i said it was for uni so my parents would pay for it :p )

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
Rafy said:
Untill the offers come out and i know for sure what im going to be doing, i'm not really thinking about it much, let alone preparing for it.

I hve purchased a laptop though. But thats mainly for personal use (i said it was for uni so my parents would pay for it :p )
Likewise. But in my case, the will-I-won't-I course agnst shits me. I'm freaking out all the damn time.

cimbom

HSC
I will be more excited for uni once i find a really good satchel bag... i need :(
EDIT- and once i get my course. God willing.

Last edited:

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
haha I'm soo bored, even though I'm heading off to my second trip round end of January...can't wait till uni starts, hope its actually interesting unlike HS days which were sooo repetitive.

Btw, has anyone come across the final decision of either bringing a laptop to uni or a bunch of exercise books [like in high school?]

Last edited:

cimbom

HSC
The one notebook with those divider sections... and sometimes my laptop, with my exercise book.

Gummy_bear

HSC
I will be excited once i know if ive gotten into any of my courses, then it will become real.
Im not getting a laptop, im not a touch typist and make alot of mistakes if i type too fast. Ill probibly just be bringing a pen that has 3 colours, or just red and black, and a lecture pad. Do we really need more than one excercise book? i suppose it depends how many lectures you have each day..Hmm..ill have to work on that.
I too want to get a cool sachel bag, it will be much easier than a backpack, even a small one. I hope whatever uni i get into, the desk things arnt too small (the ones attached to chairs) coz being left handed, i think i may find it a bit difficuly, plus when i write, i tend to turn my book at a 90 degree angle. Weird..

anyway, once this becomes more real, and i get a timetable and stuff, then ill be jumping off the walls, but at the same time, biting my fingernails off.

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
I still haven't started year 11 and the prospect of uni excites me..

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
GaDaMIt said:
I still haven't started year 11 and the prospect of uni excites me..
We're all very much older than you. If a group of post-HSC students were talking in the street about the arrival of uni, would you interject with such a poorly-timed comment? Moreover, do you think you would walk away with all your limbs still attached?

Libbster

HSC
i don't think you get the bonus points at newy if the course entry uai is over ninety. i read it somewhere.

cataleptic

HSC
I'm not sure.

I don't want to move, I'm not ready. I'm not ready for Uni yet either. I don't know why I'm going through with it. I don't know what I'd do otherwise, though.

Yeah - not feeling the pink thing. Haha.

SweetSeasons

HSC
cataleptic said:
I'm not sure.
I don't want to move, I'm not ready. I'm not ready for Uni yet either. I don't know why I'm going through with it. I don't know what I'd do otherwise, though.
Yeah - not feeling the pink thing. Haha.

Take a year off.. other wise you'll go 2 uni, hate it and drop out after a year... also if you work for the year full time you will have earnt enough to be classifide independant and then you can go on youth allowance and stuff like that.

You know my advice to every one is have a year off... I wish I had of

Pierotte

HSC
Im so excited that typing in caps, or huge font or repeating my self could never ever give justice to how excited i am.

But just as a brief indication i am

TTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

much excited.

ahem.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
SweetSeasons said:
also if you work for the year full time you will have earnt enough to be classifide independant and then you can go on youth allowance and stuff like that.
Unless you're like me and have poor parents and have already been receiving youth allowance for the last 2 years. Also I thought it was 18 months for independant and not 12... although I could be wrong.

SweetSeasons

HSC
Dumsum said:
Unless you're like me and have poor parents and have already been receiving youth allowance for the last 2 years. Also I thought it was 18 months for independant and not 12... although I could be wrong.
yeha it is 18 months.. I will have earnt around 14000 in 18 months.. 4 grand short of the cut off... which sucks considering I also went to uni last year..

also my parents are far from rich.. i have to pay for my uni books and my fee's and my transport ect... but because they own/run their own business we don't qualify..

lala2

Banned
HSC
I'm semi-excited, but when offers come out--actually, that depends on whether I get into the course I want or not, but I could do with a little exercise, more fresh air and meeting new people! :) Overall, I'm optimistic, more than excited, but I'm glad you guys are enthusiastic about uni! (albeit a more active form)

HSC
N/A
Whats with some of you chicks and pink?
Does it turn you on or something???
(don't do nothin for me, am I missing out on something lol?)

Gummy_bear

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Not me, I'm not excited in the least bit. I mean, I certainly haven't already purchased books and stationery, or already made my timetable from the uni's website, and I most definately have not started reading some stuff about the topics I'll be doing in each course. Not at all.
How have you been able to make your timetable and read stuff about the topics?
I wanna know so i can do it :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)