AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha yeah, we're official timetable checkers *nods* :p

CieL

HSC
you wanna write mine out for me too? =]

it's so dodgy.. i think i've got the knack of it.. but i think i need to change my lectures around..

so far on friday i'm there from 11-18.. no breaks! bahahha that needs to be altered for sure

CieL

HSC
_Bushra_ said:
wtf is the difference between BIOL114 and BIOL115?!?! do I take one in one sem and the other in the other sem? or is it totally dependnet on me?
well did you buy the big red handbook?

if you did, turn to the pages after the red section (pg.509 onwards) and it's all in alphabetical order - BIO 114 & BIO115 on pg.542.. have fun browsing =]

i find this easier than looking thru it online.. but that's just me

CieL

HSC
Q:

what's the difference between BBA103 and ECON110/ECON111

dont they just deal with the same principles?

anyone with experience in these subjects?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
CieL said:
you wanna write mine out for me too? =]

it's so dodgy.. i think i've got the knack of it.. but i think i need to change my lectures around..

so far on friday i'm there from 11-18.. no breaks! bahahha that needs to be altered for sure
You shouldn't be able to move lectures :p Im assuming you mean tutes :)

monique66

I'm going to Mac, Bushra! You can hang out with me. I wouldn't be so scared, you'll get to meet some really nice people (like me :p) I've figured out my timetable and I think I'll pay my fees online, that way most of the hassle of enrollment day will be eliminated :)

manifestation

What?!
HSC
damnation said:
I'm going to Mac, Bushra! You can hang out with me. I wouldn't be so scared, you'll get to meet some really nice people (like me :p) I've figured out my timetable and I think I'll pay my fees online, that way most of the hassle of enrollment day will be eliminated :)
HI Mon!! How can Bushra hang out with you if you are doing different degrees? Unless you have breaks at the same time? And it's funny how you say 'meet some really nice people - Me and then your location says Hell!!

mysterious_grl8

HSC
omg this timetable thing is so confusing! is any1 doing B Arts/Dip Ed @ Maq? I need heeelp....!!!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
mysterious_grl8 said:
omg this timetable thing is so confusing! is any1 doing B Arts/Dip Ed @ Maq? I need heeelp....!!!
rite, a lot of you are really stressing out with the timetable thingy, so here is what i advise, cos i did mine and it took me about 5 days (so i have done all the stressing) :

1.Firstly, select the subjects that you need (or want) to do in the first year. Some will have lot of electives, others wont (like me). Advice on the electives, your course will have required subjects, like busl320 or something. SO you have to make sure you meet the prerequisites for those courses. If you can i think online macquarie has program suggesttions.

Also in the handbook (in the grey section) under your course all the compuslory subjects,eg 100 level or above etc. My advice do as many as you can (8 subs per year) 100 level in the first year. Unfortunately some dont have that, but what they is the subjects required to be qualified for the degree, these are often 300 level subjects. With these you need to work backwars - go to the red section work out the prerequisite for that subject, and then prerequisite for that subject etc.

2. After selection your 8 subjects that you will do in the first year, Go through each subject in the "description of units" in the handbook, it will tell you about the unit and when it is offered. Then use excel, under one column - 1st semester, 2nd column 2nd Semester. Then some units will only be avaible at a specific semester put those first into the relevant columns. After that you will few units left, and just put them to fill the other columns (4 in each maximum). ALso make sure the prerequisites are met, for eg( completely made up here), stat 170 has requisite of econ141, that means you have to do econ141 1st sem and stat170 2nd sem, be aware of that.

3. Finally, scheduling you lectures and stuff. Firstly go through each unit in 1st semester, some will only have lectures at a specific time fill those in first, then do the rest.

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
I have finally made my freaking timetable (with a little help from Supra...Okay he did the entire thing for me :p) and I'm rather proud of it! It looks oh so official!

I only have to go 4 days a week! booyah

oh and Mon i hope we can totally hang out! :D omg I have a freind!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
I have finally made my freaking timetable (with a little help from Supra...Okay he did the entire thing for me :p) and I'm rather proud of it! It looks oh so official!

I only have to go 4 days a week! booyah

oh and Mon i hope we can totally hang out! :D omg I have a freind!
yeah, well at the moment i got monday off -long weekend!, and i cant get friday free otherwise that would be totally awesome.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I had a one day, 6 hour 2nd semester during first year.

Now stop complaining :p

Bushra: You're not segragated by divisions, and most people have a 1pm break and converse at the cafeteria or mac centre.

Tabris

HSC
CieL said:
Q:

what's the difference between BBA103 and ECON110/ECON111

dont they just deal with the same principles?

anyone with experience in these subjects?

I have done ECON110 and ECON111,

The contents of those two subjects are squished down into one unit, BBA103, this means the contents of ECON110 and 111 are taught from a BBA perspective.

If u are not doing economics i suggest BBA103, but if u are still interested and want to fill in some blank spots, do 110 and 111, i warn u it can get very heavy and theres quite abit of mathematical surgery in ECON110

But u have excellent lectureres, Trev Whitiehead for ECON110 and Mcharg for ECOn111, who is also taking BBA103 (unless i am mistaken).

Tabris

HSC
WE do not need to go unless there is a major problem such as waivers or something serious.

Freshmen have to goto uni, the rest enrol online, where we login into our personal macquarie accounts, make a few clicks and after 10 min, we are enrolled.

We now just have to wait for class enrolment which is picking our tutes and lectures. This begins on the 6th of Feb.

In short we dont have to goto uni to do the administrative stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)