Who Is Your Music Hero? Aspire To? Admire To? (1 Viewer)

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
neil finn
the guys from led zeppelin and the beatles
eddie vedder
nina simone
matt belamy
james brown
nick cave
AHHHH!!! word up Josie!! nice taste... I am a HUGE finn fan... i went and saw them when they were in Brisbane last year...!!! I was right up the front and Neil was like 4 metres in front of me... he kept smiling at me!!! :D but also:
Crowded House
Tim Finn
Alex Lloyd
Jamie Cullum
Missy Higgins
Midnight Oil...

ps Eddie and Nina rock too!!

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
ahhh... no damn u!! i wanted to go to waveaid soooo much... i'v heard it may become a permanent thing!! joy!!

Being a fan after my own heart, they rocked out:
Anything Can Happen
Won't Give In
Six Months in a Leaky Boat
There Goes God
Edible Flowers
Nothing Wrong With You
Suffer Never
Luckiest Man Alive
Disembodied Voices
Part of Me, Part of You
Distant Sun
It's Only Natural
Four Seasons In One Day

Encore 1
I Got You
How Will You Go
Weather With You

Encore 2
I See Red
Better Be Home Soon

*The Singalong to Four Seasons in One Day - oh so good!
*Neil inviting the audience to dance for Distant Sun - the floor just came alive at that point! It was like saying to security 'nah nah, we're not staying in our seats - Neil said we don't have to!'
*Watching Tim go nuts with the tambourine in 'Won't Give In' - at 52, he's still got it!
*They had the lights turned off for the start of 'Disembodied Voices', after explaining that they used to talk after their parents turned out the lights at night - oh, the atmosphere!
*Neil and Tim telling a cricket fan that New Zealand could well make a comeback tomorrow.
*Singing along to Weather With You
*The finale - Better Be Home Soon, another singalong. Can you imagine a better way to finish the concert?

Ahhh... wat a night it was!!!

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
damn you- that would have been fantastic!!!!!!!!!

have you got the dreaming dvd and 1 worlds collide?

i love the new album

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
mcdickpants 2.5 said:
you should have kept up with flamenco.
it has far more feeling and dexterity in any given peice than you will find in some gay shredmetal solo.
Listen to the last 4 minutes of the version of Dream Theater's Take the Time off Once in a Livetime, and get back to me.

HSC
N/A
DaddyK said:
Lead guitarist for Children of Bodom, Alexi Laiho hes a god on the guitar, also yngwie malmsteen for his classical acoustic.
*nods for the Alexi Laiho*

As for my musical heroes:
Trent Reznor (come on who didn't see that coming. Absolute legend)
Maynard James Keenan (Best. Songwriter. Ever. Good vocal range too)
Mike Patton (need I say more?)
Alexi Laiho (as stated above, guitar god)
Dave Grohl (I have a theory that no one can hate dave grohl. He's a good drummer, looks goofy, has helped so many other bands, always smiling, friends with everyone...)
Jeordie White/Twiggy Ramirez (catchy basslines)

that's about it.. I think.

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
Josie - do u mean Everyone Is Here? That was what the tour was...
I own nor have viewed ANY dvds!! :(
... but i have photos!! :)

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
withoutaface said:
Listen to the last 4 minutes of the version of Dream Theater's Take the Time off Once in a Livetime, and get back to me.
Damn straight.

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
Where do I start....

-- Yehudi Menuhin, for some of the most moving violin playing I've ever heard
-- Nigel Kennedy, for some of the most virtuosic violin playing (Czardas!) of the 20th century
-- Yo-Yo Ma, even though I don't play the cello; his rendition of Dvorak's Silent Woods is beautiful
-- Sarah Jane Cion, for wonderful jazz on the piano (Summer Night is recommended)
-- Andrea Bocelli, mainly for two things: firstly, his CD Sentimento, which brilliantly combined his voice with some of the best classical pieces, and secondly, the piece L'Abitudine from Cieli di Toscana
-- Emmy Rossum, although she's really an actress rather than a musician/singer, she deserves a mention simply for the magnificent performance in Phantom of the Opera (and from that point of view, I'd have to throw Andrew Lloyd Webber into the list as well :))

I'm sure there are more that I've forgotten, but these stand out at the moment.

Revolution

HSC
My music hero is Jimmy Page. His work is incredible -- forget Stairway to Heaven, his real talent shows through in songs like White Summer, Achilles Last Stand, Going to California, Since I've Been Loving you, etc. Other heroes of mine are the Beatles (yes, even Ringo... ;p) and Marc Mann (Electric Light Orchestra session ace).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)