who takes supplements? (1 Viewer)

sleepplease

HSC
I take,
a multi V
extra strong iron thing (it's disgusting. but i got my iron levels back and they were a 16 .. normal is 150 - 20 :( )
calcium
flaxseed oil

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
vitamin B/C
fish oil
not on regular basis
only when i think i need them, or cbb

NinjaSauce

HSC
onebytwo said:
anybody know what the unflavoured whey protein tastes like?
Depending on where you get it, it is amazingly cheaper. HUGELY cheaper.

I take it, and it is fine. I add with full cream milk, and it just makes it 'creamier'. After some vigours shaking, it usually has ajust a slightly thicker consitancy, and maybe the occasional whey lump [happens with all whey].

Just add 1 tea spoon of chocolate powder or something, that little will add plenty of flavour, more calories [which most people need], and well... its just dam cheaper than flavoured whey.

good luck!

hYperTrOphY

HSC
NinjaSauce said:
Depending on where you get it, it is amazingly cheaper. HUGELY cheaper.

I take it, and it is fine. I add with full cream milk, and it just makes it 'creamier'. After some vigours shaking, it usually has ajust a slightly thicker consitancy, and maybe the occasional whey lump [happens with all whey].

Just add 1 tea spoon of chocolate powder or something, that little will add plenty of flavour, more calories [which most people need], and well... its just dam cheaper than flavoured whey.

good luck!
You can actually buy flavour sachets for the unflavoured whey. My casein powder is flavourless, but i just mix it with a bit of my flavoured whey.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Im paying $55 for 1kg of whey from FITBIZ.
Can someone please recommend a place to get quality whey protein without forking out too much?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
CharlieB said:
Can someone please recommend a place to get quality whey protein without forking out too much?
Drink 3 egg whites + 1 yoke each day...i dare you

NinjaSauce

HSC
CharlieB said:
Pure Nutrition are good. http://purenutrition.com.au/

It's where i get my stuff.

4.5kg of Whey Concentrate = $110.00 = ~$25 a kilo. Lasts a very, very long time.

Oh Wait! They have 9kg now [this is new!], at $17.77 a kilo !! But its ALOT of whey.

They sometimes put on special deals, etc. When i ordered my 4.5 kg, i got a free 500g of creatine. Sweet!

But don't wait for them, they are quite uncommon.

Postage is great too.

Highly recommend.

ari89 said:
Drink 3 egg whites + 1 yoke each day...i dare you
LOL, pansy.

Actually, how is this even a dare? Its such a small meal. If a 'meal' at all.

Best muscle building meal eva! = 8 whole eggs, large avocado + 4 pieces of toast [Avocado spread on them, toast is optional].

*drool* I love that! Calories, great fats, protien. Great before bed meal.

Oh, don't drink eggs either. Thats just beyond dumb.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
NinjaSauce said:
LOL, pansy.

Actually, how is this even a dare? Its such a small meal. If a 'meal' at all.[/quote

I'm talking about drinking raw eggs as opposed to protein shakes not a meal. So the dare is more so the great feeling of having slime flow down your throat.

Paintbrush

HSC
Ingoesout said:
Zinc. The pharmacist recommended it, i can't remember what for. Now i'm pretty sure I mildy overdosing on it as i started off on the zinc correct (you know the strong one, for the first tiem you take it?) and it tasted AWSOME.. and then i didn't want to goonto the lower level one as it doesn;t taste as good. So everyday i have several sppons of this zinc stuf in water. GOD its like crazy sour orange sherbert juice!

edit: im pretty sure there are NO benefits.
Zinc is good for your skin and helps prevent breakouts maaaaaaaaaan.

ninja-boy

HSC
I take some shit called USANA, heard that works wonders, my mom forces me to take it haha

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i take flax-seed oil, a women's multivitamin, iron supplement, a probiotic and zinc.

omega three (in flax or fish oil) is really good for you, and i have seen a positive change in my skin, teeth, hair, nails, memory, muscle tone and sinuses/immune system in less than 6 months. '

i highly recommend it.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
i take multi vitamin daily, vitamin c and b.
i take creatine in cyclyes ( between 2 and 20g a day )
and i take horleys whey protein.
solid.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
hey i see heaps of ppl r taking flax-seed oil- so what exactly is it good for?
my stack consists of:

4tbsp whey protein isolate (~60g)
3tbsp dextrose/maltodextrin blend (~50g)
1/2 cup oatmeal (~60g)
1 banana
300mL full cream milk

hmm yeah also have Berocca, Centrum, fish oil and just ordered creatinte monohydrate over the net- good times.

bassistx

HSC
Flaxseed is a real waste of money. Get real flaxseeds (Linseeds.. Nu-Vit, I think is the brand) and just use a coffee and spice grinder. You can't have them just like that because they won't be absorbed. They'll just slip right through. But it's fresh and it's absorbed waaaaaaaaay better. It has a nice nutty flavour too if you want to include it into your food.

I take iron (deficient... hereditry) ferro tab or something - prescription medicine, nature's way multi-vs (just to be sure lol), and I used to take hair/skin/nails (blackmore's) when I had an ED. Those things work great.

But yeah...
food > supplements

Flaxseeds, banana, soymilk = yum. Great thickshake.

Pace_T

HSC
risole91 said:
i take multi vitamin daily, vitamin c and b.
i take creatine in cyclyes ( between 2 and 20g a day )
and i take horleys whey protein.
solid.

dont bother with that creatine bullshit lol. i use to take that for a year cycling on/off. half the people arent even affected by it. i responded massively when on it 5kg gain/loss each cycle but after you cycle off it disappears. just an excuse to grab your money. possibly bad for your liver too.
horleys is an awesome brand tho i use to use it before i started ON100% now thats the shit ! real stuff, not that imported chinese shit
and to the guys working out and taking fish supplements, just eat tuna, so yea i agree to a certain extent with bassistx, food> supplements

NinjaSauce

HSC
Pace_T said:
dont bother with that creatine bullshit lol. i use to take that for a year cycling on/off. half the people arent even affected by it. i responded massively when on it 5kg gain/loss each cycle but after you cycle off it disappears. just an excuse to grab your money. possibly bad for your liver too.
horleys is an awesome brand tho i use to use it before i started ON100% now thats the shit ! real stuff, not that imported chinese shit
and to the guys working out and taking fish supplements, just eat tuna, so yea i agree to a certain extent with bassistx, food> supplements
So... wait.

You bought it... It worked. And when you arn't using it... it doesn't? OMG SHOCK.

So you are saying that he should stop using it all together, because it WORKS, when you USE it, but DOESN'T when you are NOT ?

(Also, you don't need to cycle Creatine, or do a 'loading phase'. Just a heads up. That is old school.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)