who takes supplements? (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
NinjaSauce said:
So... wait.

You bought it... It worked. And when you arn't using it... it doesn't? OMG SHOCK.

So you are saying that he should stop using it all together, because it WORKS, when you USE it, but DOESN'T when you are NOT ?

(Also, you don't need to cycle Creatine, or do a 'loading phase'. Just a heads up. That is old school.)
Agreed.

As for it not working when 'when you're not using it', that's even a typical fallacy. Creatine can be beneficial for bulk gain and if you lost all gains you made after you halted usage, then it's time to look elsewhere for a reason.

I took Creatine for 2 years (and a bunch of other stuff) but I've been off that stuff (aswell the rest of my supplements except for whey) and I've managed to keep the vast majority of my gains accomplished during my creatine days.

Oh, and Creatine often results in increased water retention.

NinjaSauce

HSC
The whole point of creatine is increase water retention. true, some muscle is born, but it is primary water retention.

It allows more water to be absorbed into the muscles. You don't build any muscle by taking creatine, but it will 'puff' or 'bloat' your muscles up.

I take it because it ensures that your muscles are fully hydrated. Which in my line of lifting, i don't want to be without. It's primary purpose is performance enhacement in high intensity events (1 rep max, Sprints, etc), though in turn, that typically results in mass gain too (but not always).

Also, Creatine is supposed to have some sort of nutropic effect too (good for the brain), but i must admit, i haven't really looked into that.

Remember... if you take creatine, add 0.5-1 litre of water a day to whatever you are already drinking.

Anyways, I'm not arguing with anyone.. Just... speaking. :)

Collin

HSC
N/A
NinjaSauce said:
The whole point of creatine is increase water retention. true, some muscle is born, but it is primary water retention.

It allows more water to be absorbed into the muscles. You don't build any muscle by taking creatine, but it will 'puff' or 'bloat' your muscles up.

I take it because it ensures that your muscles are fully hydrated. Which in my line of lifting, i don't want to be without. It's primary purpose is performance enhacement in high intensity events (1 rep max, Sprints, etc), though in turn, that typically results in mass gain too (but not always).

Also, Creatine is supposed to have some sort of nutropic effect too (good for the brain), but i must admit, i haven't really looked into that.

Remember... if you take creatine, add 0.5-1 litre of water a day to whatever you are already drinking.

Anyways, I'm not arguing with anyone.. Just... speaking. :)
I took it to enhance my workouts. The water retention is a side-effect which I never considered relevant to the end-result, since I wouldn't be on creatine forever anyway.

Taking creatine keeps the ATP/ADP ratio high within the cellular regions of muscles where ATP is needed. I could thus crank out more reps, or potentially increasing my one-rep max for a particular exercise. So in that respect, it increases my gains.

When I stop taking it, the water retention obviously recedes, but the gains I obtained while taking it doesn't.

I'm also interested in the whole benefit-for-brain deal with creatine. :cool:

Pace_T

HSC
NinjaSauce said:
So... wait.

You bought it... It worked.
where did i say it worked!? all i said was that i responded to it.......

NinjaSauce said:
So you are saying that he should stop using it all together, because it WORKS, when you USE it, but DOESN'T when you are NOT ?
Well people take it to enhance performance an therefore increase gains while theyre on it, not to put on temporary kgs like collin said. although i had massive amount of water retention, i noticed no enhanced performance and therefore no increase in rate of muscular gain. happy to hear it worked for you though collin.

and besides, the product is relatively new, research is still tentative, therefore i dont trust it. unless you're a world championship competitor or some shit noone really needs it.

NinjaSauce

HSC
Pace_T said:
where did i say it worked!? all i said was that i responded to it.......
Responded possitively = working.

Pace_T said:
i responded massively when on it 5kg gain/loss each cycle but after you cycle off it disappears
Pace_T said:
and besides, the product is relatively new, research is still tentative, therefore i dont trust it. unless you're a world championship competitor or some shit noone really needs it.
hah!

Creatine supplementation can been around for over 50 years EASY. It had a major boost in popularity in 1992. Creatine is one of the most well-researched supplements out there.

Lets do a quick google search... ah hah!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatine_supplements

Looks like almost 100 years.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
what's the big deal with water retention anyway? i mean c'mon 70% of the body is water so it stands to reason that if your'e gaining muscle you're gaining water as well right?

NinjaSauce

HSC
Some people get iffy about "Oh, thats not real muscle, etc, etc whinge, moan, whine".

Personally, i don't see how anyone should care.

If your training for appearance, how many people will come up and say "Wow, big muscles! But how much of it is 'real'?". Big is big, and it fills the accomplisment quite well. Unless you are going to be hyper-mega-lean as well, then yes, it can blur some of your lines.

If you are the other spectrum, and training for strength, big weights; you don't care at all what you look like, as long as the weight is moving up.

If you are a professional athlete in a sport with tight weight-classes, it has it's ups and downs. But i really don't think anyone here fits that bill.

Nat3skiz

HSC
inasero said:
what's the big deal with water retention anyway? i mean c'mon 70% of the body is water so it stands to reason that if your'e gaining muscle you're gaining water as well right?
no not at all

Edit: I think i see what you mean now, though the wording was a little unclear. You can't gain water when your muscles get bigger if you aren't drinking it!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)