Who thinks they've chosen the WRONG SUBJECT? (1 Viewer)

Oobadoo

HSC
...you won't know how you'll be able to do though.

...And I hope I won't have to sit for the 2U exams at my school...
Mm, I know, just a little interesting fact. I highly doubt I can in any way relate to or compare myself with her mathematical success, no matter through what means. Just an interesting fact.

Do some schools force their 4U students into doing the Mathematics paper? I thought that was unnecessary as the BoS observes how they go in the extensions. ??? How weird. :D

(btw, no, scalling isn't the end of the world, though it is nice when you do subjects that do scale well. :D )

Last edited:

Lauchlan

HSC
None lol :)...every subject is pretty much relaxed--suited to my abilities

And people scaling is not the end of the world...Ive seen people do senior science and get Atars over 90
lol... they must have done other high-scaling subjects to even it out.

but subjects like aboriginal studies have no hope.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
lol... they must have done other high-scaling subjects to even it out.

but subjects like aboriginal studies have no hope.
nope not really, they just did really good in avg subjects :D

Oobadoo

HSC
nope not really, they just did really good in avg subjects :D
No, yeah, Mr Brightside's right. Some people can get awesome ATARs through poor scaling subjects, however impossible that may seem (even to me! :D). In some HSC-Sucess magazine (or something named similar), are lists of ex-students who did really well. One girl got a UAI of 98.9 I think, and only with Art, Society and Culture, Drama, Ancient, and Adv. English. To get that mark you need to go awesome in ALL subjects. Great marks can be attained through shitty scaling subjects.

(Her case is most probably an extreme rarity mind! :D )

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
define average subjects
subjects that are not really high scaling... a teacher told me that scaling changes every year, so it doesn't mean anything... -_-

Last edited:

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
Took up Software Design and Development and it's fricken confusing! I'm like counting every second for the class to end! should've picked up chemistry or bio instead. So much easier and understable! But since my SDD teacher was nice to me (cause he taught me IST last year) I decided to stay, hoping to see some good results....

Does Software Design and Development scale good?
I chose it because they wouldn't let me have a free period...
We have to combine the class with year 12's since we have 5 people in our class and 2 people in the year 12 class.
I don't know if I should drop it or English extention.

FTW

HSC
Damn. I'm with you in hoping to do Maths Ext 2. I'm looking at it as my saviour in terms of ATAR and the hsc in general. Go extensions! :D
haha as well as music and history extensions xD
i swear ext 2 maths is gonna be hard though...
I can only hope that I can do it! It doesn't seem likely, at my school 3 people are doing it in year 12 this year.

Also business studies was a wrong choice. I now have my huge BRT... I should have chosen drama instead seeing as im going to drop it in year 12 anyway...

Lauchlan

HSC
I can only hope that I can do it! It doesn't seem likely, at my school 3 people are doing it in year 12 this year.

Also business studies was a wrong choice. I now have my huge BRT... I should have chosen drama instead seeing as im going to drop it in year 12 anyway...
when do u do your SGP for geog?

kcqn93

HSC
Took up Software Design and Development and it's fricken confusing! I'm like counting every second for the class to end! should've picked up chemistry or bio instead. So much easier and understable! But since my SDD teacher was nice to me (cause he taught me IST last year) I decided to stay, hoping to see some good results....
SDD is VERY easy once you get the hang of it. It merely logic and can be quite fun when you're doing your major work for it. I made a bullet hell game last year, took ages but it was fun.

And I thought you could change your subjects anything in year 11? My school allowed people to change subjects throughout the year...

first topic -> complex numbers (easiest topic there)

after that it gets even harder... harder 3U (not taught to you, so you gotta learn urself), conics, mechanics and all of that harder stuff

and that's what's gonna be real maths. I'll be looking forward to it :p
well... compared to the uni stuff i've seen... 4unit isn't that impressive...

the only thing you would really need to be worried about is the harder 3unit questions

oh and complex numbers isn't the first topic, most textbooks start with graphs and i wouldn't overlook complex, as there have been many WTF questions given in hsc q7 and q8 in recent years.

Last edited:

HSC
Uni Grad

Yeah business studies is a pretty shitty subject; heaps of students have changed it to other subjects already, given on how students fall asleep in class and that...

And as of now I still have some hope; I just gotta do well in 3U...

well... compared to the uni stuff i've seen... 4unit isn't that impressive...

the only thing you would really need to be worried about is the harder 3unit questions

oh and complex numbers isn't the first topic, most textbooks start with graphs and i wouldn't overlook complex, as there have been many WTF questions given in hsc q7 and q8 in recent years.
Well from my knowledge i think most schools start complex numbers first... or either graphs...
My school starts complex numbers first so yeah...

mirakon

nigga
HSC
oobadoo you're doing like 14 units in prelim. you might as well drop art if you don't like it. I mean if you're taking 4 unit next year that's like 15 units, which is a bit too much imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)