Who uses their ipod while studying? (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
There is of course, the idea of musically enforced learning. So you learn to associate different ideas/quotes/formulas to song lyrics or certain melodies. By remembering the song, and thinking about it during the exam, it triggers those learned phrases. I can't say how effective it is, but its an interesting approach to study.
It's a good idea, however, very hard to implement and keep track of what songs were for what unless you're super organised. I did it for a few subjects/topics with some success - I found it best in maths and science.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
It's a good idea, however, very hard to implement and keep track of what songs were for what unless you're super organised. I did it for a few subjects/topics with some success - I found it best in maths and science.
I don't know why, but music helped me remember quotes for an English essay. God knows why I was listening to music whilst studying for English. =P

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Imagine trying to associate hardstyle/trance with ideas.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know why, but music helped me remember quotes for an English essay. God knows why I was listening to music whilst studying for English. =P
I tried listening to music while memorising my essays and I would just get distracted so fast! I could write and edit essays on the computer just fine, but when it came to memorising paragraphs, structure, quotes and so on... music would be a huge burden, so I would just hide indoors and recite it over and over.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Imagine trying to associate hardstyle/trance with ideas.
Mindblown possible.

I tried listening to music while memorising my essays and I would just get distracted so fast! I could write and edit essays on the computer just fine, but when it came to memorising paragraphs, structure, quotes and so on... music would be a huge burden, so I would just hide indoors and recite it over and over.
Yes, even I began to think it was more distracting that benefiting! But I dunno, some rock songs I listened to lit up so many light bulbs during exam time. :)

Last edited:

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Lol remember every beat.
music for studies of religion notes (keeps me motivated). everything else no. I use it rarely for maths to go on BOS, but by then i usually just power on my PC.

I will turn some music on after a while of making notes to keep me motivated for more note making. (I usually have a break though). I hate dogs barking

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
eh even for instrumentals ill straight away start analysing it and listning to the different layers, instruments, pitch, dynamics, melody etc.

Why?

that shit got ingrained from music class analysis....... fak

completely ruined music while studying for me for the majority of subjects.... cept music of course lol

Cory787

HSC
I find listening to any sort music that I like for any subject if it be one of maths, chemistry, biology, english or physics will work a treat

Last edited:

Cory787

HSC
GEE GEE GEE GEE BABY BABY BABY =D
you should definitely know this one by girls generation (SNSD)

maybe you should check out other kpop artists like super junior and SHINee :p
Super Junior is amazing!!!

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha, the Girls from SNSD are fucking so hot! They are babes. The music is ~okay~, very girly though.

a037422944

HSC
Uni Grad
I was just wondering who listens to their ipod while studying and if it is really as bad for you as teachers say it is.
my friend downloaded me a gig of classical music. i think each song got to about 50 plays each on my itunes during the latter part of year 12.
at first i thought it was stupid.. but its really calming and i started going into exams not stressed (now whether that meant i didnt perform as well as i couldve is another story.. but atleast i didnt have a heart attack)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
generally you should stay away from music whilst studying.. unless its maths and/or the songs have no lyrics imo

angelarr

HSC
I do! A friend told me she listens to classical music while doing her work and that I should give it a try, and so I did. And it seems to be working..

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
So far, the consensus is classical music/instrumentals. Am I right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)