Who was born in australia? (1 Viewer)

xxPanDa

HSC
shinji said:
lol .. i am ^^

im just curious. lol; oh and how much of cantonese / mandarin can u speak / read.

i can read jack all cantonese
but i can speak / listen to a basic amount of cantonese .. i know minimal mandarin.
same here lol
born here

i remember you, man we have so much in common
i remebered we did the EXACT same subjects for HSC
and we go to the same UNI now!

aww mann i could of dun commerce... stupid Unsw commerce uai thing...

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
i am.
i can speak words/sentences whatever
and knows some words (canto)
pretty easy
and i can understand mandarin abit

blueskies

HSC
I was born in Australia and my background language is Cantonese so i speak fluent Cantonese! I can also read a good 80-90% traditional characters but as for writing, maybe about 40% :(

I'm learning Mandarin at the moment at school and i learn a lot from watching television.

Actually most of the stuff i know for Chinese was from watching dramas (Cantonese AND Mandarin) from reading subtitles while they speak.

I have a passion for languages :) Asian languages specifically.

chochang

*Arashi*
HSC
blueskies said:
I was born in Australia and my background language is Cantonese so i speak fluent Cantonese! I can also read a good 80-90% traditional characters but as for writing, maybe about 40% :(

I'm learning Mandarin at the moment at school and i learn a lot from watching television.

Actually most of the stuff i know for Chinese was from watching dramas (Cantonese AND Mandarin) from reading subtitles while they speak.

I have a passion for languages :) Asian languages specifically.
Me too! :)

I'm cantonese, but i can speak madarin as well
I'm also japanese continuers for my HSC!

youknowwhat

HSC
N/A
shinji said:
lol .. i am ^^

im just curious. lol; oh and how much of cantonese / mandarin can u speak / read.

but i can speak / listen to a basic amount of cantonese .. i know minimal mandarin.
hey,

i wasnt born on australia, and im not chines either. but i can speak and understand cantonese well. but horrible at writing it.

itadakimus

procrastinator
HSC
Um, I'm an ABC but my mum and grandma can speak Mando, Shangho and Canto so I've learnt a lot from them and also, watching Honky dramas on TVBJ =D
My family is originally Shanghainese so I'm most fluent in that.
I can speak increasingly fluent Mando as I take Chinese at school.
My canto is getting increasingly worse :( I can't speak so well anymore but I can still understand quite well

blueskies

HSC
itadakimus said:
Um, I'm an ABC but my mum and grandma can speak Mando, Shangho and Canto so I've learnt a lot from them and also, watching Honky dramas on TVBJ =D
My family is originally Shanghainese so I'm most fluent in that.
I can speak increasingly fluent Mando as I take Chinese at school.
My canto is getting increasingly worse :( I can't speak so well anymore but I can still understand quite well
Oh, how come you were allowed to do the Continuer's course? Or do you do the Background Speaker's course? Hahaha, I'm Cantonese and I was asked a whole lot of questions and had to fill in some papers before the teacher allowed me to do the Continuer's course as apparently they're not letting any people that speak Mandarin at home to do the Continuers and Beginners courses because its unfair.

I remember my friend told me at Sydney Girls one year, the whole class spoke fluent Mandarin and they owned Chinese in the HSC that year, lol

fiona.p

HSC
I'm an ABC =D
I can speak cantonese fluently because my family wouldn't let me speak english at home when I was little and my mandarin isn't too good but I know all the basics from listening to songs and watching taiwanese dramas xD so if I ever go to China or Taiwan (I wish) I would be able to communicate with other people.
I can read about 70% of the traditional chinese characters (which I learnt by watching TVB/tw dramas and karaoke) but I can't write any of it besides the really easy ones like the numbers and stuff. Well I can write my name as well but my writing is so ugly =.=
I wish I did mandarin as a subject for the HSC Dx

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC
shinji said:
lol .. i am ^^

I born in beautiful country of Iran. I come here to this less beautiful country when I 10 year old. I don't like much, but at least there is no nuclear bomb. Iran is best country and is mother country of me. Anyone who talk bad about Iran, I will shoot and eat. You dare talk about Iran negative and I kill. I do not care about you. I will put rocks in your stomach and put you in ocean and let shark eat you. I do not care.

Last edited:

superle

HSC
born in aus.
haha can read simplified & trad. can write simplified & can speak mando
i suckkkk at canto =(

bawd

HSC
I wasn't born in Australia (neither was I born in an Oriental asian country), but migrated when I was two years old, so I practically am. I can speak Mandarin and Cantonese fluently and write Chinese at an intermediate level.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
chinglish said:
I was born in Australia and so was my Mum who's mother was from China. I'm second generation Australian. Anyone else?:)
And alot of my friends were born here too though most of them dont have an Asian back ground. You're thread is very broad. I think my goldfish were born in Australia too. jokes jokes but they were.
How do you know your goldfish weren't imported?
You should do a background DNA test.
Does Australia import goldfish? lol

ahh I'm ABC but I can speak cantonese which I learnt from both my parents and TVB :D. Goshh TVB is soo shit these days. I would really love to learn to write and read chinese. I'll probably join chinese classes after the HSC. >.< Just wondering... Do the ABCs here listen to asian music?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
you should check out the other thread for chinese songs....

itadakimus

procrastinator
HSC
I'm an ABC. I can speak a little Shanghainese, Mandarin and Cantonese to varying degrees of fluency. I think I have an accent too =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)