• Liberal Party of Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Well, we do have a bunch of fucking un-washed leftie hippies here.

I think those who vote for the Greens based solely upon their environmental policies should take great care to investigate their policies on other matters (you know, those matters they'll actually be dealing with most of the time, education, health, the economy etc.).

Sorry Shodan, but I agree with Costello on this matter:

Thirdly, the Greens have to scale down the sanctimony. They thrive on a message of impending doom. These days the cataclysm is global warming. Previously it was logging, or nuclear annihilation. Only by repentance and obedience to their doctrine can we escape the wrath to come.

But educated people are a little less credulous than that. They know in political policy, outcomes rarely match the promises, particularly the overblown promises of zealous activists. They know that moral absolutists rarely deliver what they promise.

The Greens have a moral superiority complex. In their mind they are not only right but virtuous, which makes their opponents not only wrong but immoral. This is why Hamilton has compared climate sceptics with Holocaust deniers - if you disagree with his policies you are complicit in, or covering, up mass murder. Robert Manne, who launched the campaign for Hamilton, put it this way: ''If the Greens can achieve a breakthrough in the byelections … [this] might come to be seen as a turning point in the moral history of this country.''
Greens And Higgins Byelection

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Looks like we'll get a social conservative either way, so i'm heppy. Will vote Libs most likely for the lols. Violently agree with Abbott on most everything, but the cynical climate change denial still makes me uneasy.

edit: may only vote libs senate, depending on my mood on the day

DanQ1991

HSC
Definitely not the Greens for me.

They will put the environment above everything.

The ALP and LPA aren't any better at the moment either.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I dont particularly like the current government, but will probably vote for it again bc it's the only responsible political party out there atm imo. No doubt the cracks will appear some time next term when caucus gets sick of Rudd's tyranny, but even a Gillard Labor government would likely be more stable than an Abbott glass cage roller-coaster of emotion.

Def libs for senate tho

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Looks like we'll get a social conservative either way, so i'm heppy. Will vote Libs most likely for the lols. Violently agree with Abbott on most everything, but the cynical climate change denial still makes me uneasy.

edit: may only vote libs senate, depending on my mood on the day
did the golf ball which hit you in the head damage your insula?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
i dun teld u dat in confidenke my pritty!

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
The federal member in my new seat is apparently Joe Hockey. So I'll be voting Labor.

Just because the closer the seat gets the more likely both parties are to pay attention to it :).

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
lol at people worrying about greens. sif' they'll get government.

For me Greens with Labor preference.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
The greens shouldn't form a substantive balance of powers under any circumstance. They're led by a fairy which contradicts the teachings of the mighty Allah (subhan allah). It's your duty as a pious Muslim not to vote greens.
Fuck you, I'll vote for whoever I want.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If you vote Green because you don't like censorship then preference Labor anyway you're exactly the kind of fuckwit Labor's counting on for this policy not to hurt their re-election chances.

I'll be voting Liberal, then Green.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
If you vote Green because you don't like censorship then preference Labor anyway you're exactly the kind of fuckwit Labor's counting on for this policy not to hurt their re-election chances.

I'll be voting Liberal, then Green.
He's right. Even if you preference Labor second last, and the liberals last, that's exactly the same as a vote for labor.

I'll preference liberal ahead of labor if they actually block the censorship. If not, I'll probably just spoil might ballot.

Might vote LDP in the senate.

Peartie

HSC
i was told they were 4 yr terms...

so its 3 1/2 now :S

the term of a government is

The Constitution of Australia said:
Every House of Representatives shall continue for three years from the first meeting of the House, and no longer, but may be sooner disolved by the Governor-General (generally on the advice of the PM)...
meaning that a term is 3 years + the maximum number of days after the election before they have to meet (something like 30 days...)

philphie

Banned
HSC
If Copenhagen fails and Rudd has no way of passing legislation through a third time again i'm voting for greens and a clear cut carbon tax. face it people, one way or another there will have to be increased taxation to stop climate change. those of you who think Abbott's plans are cost free are naive. However if Hockey somehow takes on the leadership then i might reconsider Liberal as second preference

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
He's right. Even if you preference Labor second last, and the liberals last, that's exactly the same as a vote for labor.

I'll preference liberal ahead of labor if they actually block the censorship. If not, I'll probably just spoil might ballot.

Might vote LDP in the senate.
Don't waste your vote just to spite the major parties - they don't care and realistically it changes nothing. Spend it on the minor parties (Greens, Sex, LDP) instead and the major party you think least likely to form government (i.e. the Liberals) to weaken the major players as much as possible while empowering the smaller parties. Even in the House - something might happen there eventually for the minor parties. There has been precedent.

Last edited:

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Don't waste your vote just to spite the major parties - they don't care and realistically it changes nothing. Spend it on the minor parties (Greens, Sex, LDP) instead and the major party you think least likely to form government (i.e. the Liberals) to weaken the major players as much as possible while empowering the smaller parties. Even in the House - something might happen there eventually for the minor parties. There has been precedent.
Fair point. I don't even like the Greens (although I strongly agree with them on some things).

But it would be nice to see them pick up a seat in the lower house, just to upset the major parties.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Libs in both houses. Although Lowe (now Reid) has been redistributed to the severe detriment of the Liberal Party, so in effect my vote becomes redundant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)