Whoever's Failing General Maths or Gettin Shit Marks This is the Place 4 U (1 Viewer)

Freddie09

HSC
haha ive had a look at past general maths papers and they are easy as crap, it is an insulting level of maths, if you cant get gen. math you may as well kill yourself. ive even heard people refer to 2 unit maths as "advanced", yeh advanced for preschoolers, only the last two questions Q9 and 10 are hard and challenging, the rest is baby stuff
aye leave the kids alone, i for one dropped to general because i don't need a high level of maths for the uni course i wanna do and didn't see the point in wasting energy on something i didn't f***** need so yeah the course is easy, but at least we aren't wasting time on something we know we're crap at and you end up having more time for the subjects that actually matter "genius".

Moneyequalmarks

HSC
Leave the general kids alone :D Everyone has their own strengths. :p
No general kids have no strengths...the fact of the matter is that if you "study" general maths it is a miracle that you have the intelligence to remember to breathe...the only maths people studying general need anyway is help working out how they are going to use their doll money once they have failed at life

bobit

HSC
i wil fuk u up dumb dumb's, i get barels 6hrs a day, and eat subway meatballs

bobit

HSC
Hey, I reckon that some people are naturally good at math. But I also do not believe that it's all in the genes. A lot of it is in how you learn math when you were very young. That's the time you learn the basics. If you did not have a good teacher at that time or you did not like math at that time, it's not good down the track. It's not about what you learn. It's about how well you learn at the basic level that will support your learning later. It's funny to see that some year 6 kids can beat year 10 kids in mathematics. There are many things to it including good memory, speed of mental computation and self-lead problem solving.

Anyway I know a way to remedy problems like your case. It's quite simple. You just quickly relearn mathematics properly without or without a tutor. It's actually best done without a tutor. You can use a tutor for a short time just for learning strategies (it's hard to get a tutor who know a lot about strategies!). Slef-learning is the key. You just go back to very very basic math at grade 1 and work your way rapidly to what you are now. It sounds silly that I would suggest grade 1, but I am not kidding. At grade 1, and you pretend to be a teacher and that you are teaching grade 1 kids, you will suddenly find that there are so much that you have missed. All these insights will help retain your mind to think mathematically and think how the mind works with numbers and mathematical concepts. You keep imagining that you are teaching very young kids and work your way up rapidly. This will help you remaster your basics and give you a lot more insight. Eventually you will find that math is not hard as it seems when you have a strong basics.

The hardest thing is finding the time and energy to retrace your learning from the ground up. I am not kidding. Go back as far as you need to. Some people only need to go back to grade 5. But I suggest grade 1. Even if you spend only 2 days on grade 1, 4 days on grade 2, 8 days on grade 3, ... you will find that helps enormously later.

Good luck!
u hav no life u retart

MzBiiBii

HSC
Did anyone sit there CSSA Gen Maths trials yest?
I thought it wasnt too bad... except last 2 qns...

and im just bad with multiple choice in all my subjects .. i always just pick the "2nd correct" one according to my teachers.... errr???:speechless:

HSC
Did anyone sit there CSSA Gen Maths trials yest?
I thought it wasnt too bad... except last 2 qns...

and im just bad with multiple choice in all my subjects .. i always just pick the "2nd correct" one according to my teachers.... errr???:speechless:
wtfs "2nd correct" =/

MzBiiBii

HSC
wtfs "2nd correct" =/
meh..she's like...there r always 2 correct answers...ones just more correct..

im like... :eek: ru kidding lol

but i don't think that applies to maths...it cant possibly :S

HSC
meh..she's like...there r always 2 correct answers...ones just more correct..

im like... :eek: ru kidding lol

but i don't think that applies to maths...it cant possibly :S
oohs! i know what you mean :)
there isnt TWO correct, cause then wtfs the point of multiple choice LOL
its just one is CLOSE to the correct answer, OR lets say, its worked out using a different formula (the wrong formula obv) then you get that answer, so you think your right and you move on and just pick that answer.
shiftyyy =/

*Hence the importance of going back and checking your work

Last edited:

MzBiiBii

HSC
oohs! i know what you mean :)
there isnt TWO correct, cause then wtfs the point of multiple choice LOL
its just one is CLOSE to the correct answer, OR lets say, its worked out using a different formula (the wrong formula obv) then you get that answer, so you think your right and you move on and just pick that answer.
shiftyyy =/

*Hence the importance of going back and checking your work

ye lol
i dunno why im so bad at m.c :) i either get it wrong the first time, or i get it right, and check over it and think "idiot that's rong"...change it...then realise the first answer was the right one

ahhh...life's complicated lol :)

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
ye lol
i dunno why im so bad at m.c :) i either get it wrong the first time, or i get it right, and check over it and think "idiot that's rong"...change it...then realise the first answer was the right one

ahhh...life's complicated lol :)

That's always the case with me.. Which is why I never like going through the exam when we get it back and see where I went crap and what I got wrong- I always have a pretty fair idea anyway..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)