Who's excited to start uni? (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
swapping to what?
Either MBBS, BSc(Adv), BEd(2nd:Sc)/BSc(Adv), or BEd(2nd:Maffs)/BSc(Adv Maffs), or something.

don't RUIN this for me :cry:
let me experience my own crushing realisation of how shitty uni life is!

Until then, i'm gonna run around like a 12 year old screaming, "ahhhhh, i'm actually *at* uni!"
I won't have to ruin it for you. :3

HSC
N/A
Either MBBS, BSc(Adv), BEd(2nd:Sc)/BSc(Adv), or BEd(2nd:Maffs)/BSc(Adv Maffs), or something.
Oh, I see. what do you wanna major in for sci?

I wanna do a microbio major, but I don't think there are any jerbs for it :(
just wait for the first round of assessments to come around :p
That should be enough to freak me out. LOL.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad

I think if you became a teacher, you'd be like that kickass one that that people would love cause you'd like blow stuff up as a science teacher and be super chill.

HSC
N/A
I think if you became a teacher, you'd be like that kickass one that that people would love cause you'd like blow stuff up as a science teacher and be super chill.
"GOOD MORNING, BOYS AND GIRLS! Today we're seeing why we should NOT mix potassium with water!"

HSC
N/A
Also, should I do a bridging course in maths? I'm wanting to do a science degree. Math has never been one of my strong points.

I didn't listen at all in MXI, and obviously, struggled during the actual HSC exam (33/50, lol)
I have 85 in 2u though.

Is 2u math sufficient for a science degree? Someone told me 3u was the bare minimum for a sci degree :/

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh, I see. what do you wanna major in for sci?

I wanna do a microbio major, but I don't think there are any jerbs for it :(

just wait for the first round of assessments to come around :p
That should be enough to freak me out. LOL.
Neuroscience, maths, pharmacology, or something.

Nah, you won't stress, you'll probably be like me and do nothing for them and not care. :p

Yeah, I'd probs get fired. lol

"GOOD MORNING, BOYS AND GIRLS! Today we're seeing why we should NOT mix potassium with water!"
We totes mixed Na and water like 5 times in class. lol

One time with a bin full of water and it like blew up. lol

I dont really know what I want to do, so I am just getting an education behind me at this stage.
B Policing

Also, should I do a bridging course in maths? I'm wanting to do a science degree. Math has never been one of my strong points.
I didn't listen at all in MXI, and obviously, struggled during the actual HSC exam (33/50, lol)
I have 85 in 2u though.
You don't have to do maths at UNSW for a science degree.

And a bridging course would not help if you already got 85+ in 2u or like 50+ in 3u.

Is 2u math sufficient for a science degree? Someone told me 3u was the bare minimum for a sci degree :/
2u is sufficient

At USyd 2u is probably the lowest level you should have because you have to do 12CP of maths for the degree and you can do fundie maths in first year but I don't think you have to at UNSW.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I'd probs get fired. lol

We totes mixed Na and water like 5 times in class. lol

One time with a bin full of water and it like blew up. lol
Knowing some of the teachers that don't get fired, you'll be fine. Your love-able larrikin attitude will save you. I mean as long as you don't go all Breaking Bad as a chem teacher, you shall be fine.
Haha.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Knowing some of the teachers that don't get fired, you'll be fine. Your love-able larrikin attitude will save you. I mean as long as you don't go all Breaking Bad as a chem teacher, you shall be fine.
but drug money is irresistible. :(

enoilgam

HSC
You hopefully want to do B Policing?

People from my school that got in the 60s are doing B Policing.
So what - I am doing a degree which suits my ATAR and I dont like it. To be honest, I would much rather be a cop than a lawyer or some kind of business person.

effyhate

autism inspector
HSC
So what - I am doing a degree which suits my ATAR and I dont like it. To be honest, I would much rather be a cop than a lawyer or some kind of business person.
i didn't think you needed atar to get into nd though

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Your ATAR shouldn't define the course you do, if you want/ed to do policing then do it.

You need 70ish for most courses and 90 for Law.
60ish iirc

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
I actually think uni life is pretty rad apart from end of sem exams

enoilgam

HSC
Your ATAR shouldn't define the course you do, if you want/ed to do policing then do it.
I know - I was just pointing out that I wouldnt let my ATAR or marks determine what course I do. I already made that mistake once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)