Whos Smarter? Private or Public School in Legal? (1 Viewer)

Whos more smarter in legal?

• Private schools kick Public School Ass!

Votes: 36 28.6%
  • Public schools kick Private School Ass!

Votes: 48 38.1%
  • They\'re equal, just the amount of effort put into it....

Votes: 40 31.7%
  • No idea, i\'m just stupid

Votes: 9 7.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

connie

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by eviltama
u cant pay for a good education.
ummm sorry deprived child, everything good costs money these days and that includes an education! Im afraid that u definately can pay for an education... lets examine

public school vs private

1. average class size: 30 v 15
2. quality of teacher: poorly payed, strikes alot, unhappy v paid well hence enthusiastic in their teaching
3. classroom environment: desks and chairs with graffiti and chewing stuck everywhere, loud, disruptive students v nice, clean desks and chair, less disruptive kids
4. resources: a few old computers v brand new computer labs, access to laptops, free provision of all the standards packages/ excel books/study mates, subscriptions to legal journals and bulletiens

yeh i'm bored with this, obviously a better funded school can provide the necessary ingredients for a good education

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by connie
ummm sorry deprived child, everything good costs money these days and that includes an education! Im afraid that u definately can pay for an education... lets examine

first of all, no need to be rude.

1. average class size: 30 v 15
I am at a public school. There is 10 in my legal class and my biggest class is Advanced English which has 15. The largest class in the school is a year 7 one which has 19.

2. quality of teacher: poorly payed, strikes alot, unhappy v paid well hence enthusiastic in their teaching
teachers do not strike a lot. One strike and one 2 hour stop work meeting in 4 years aint bad. They are only striking at the moment because their agreement ends early next year. Its a cycle.
And how dare you label my teachers unhappy & unenthused. I have some of the best teachers in the state that are continually trying to be poached by private schools. They are dedicated to their jobs and are a wonderful support.

3. classroom environment: desks and chairs with graffiti and chewing stuck everywhere, loud, disruptive students v nice, clean desks and chair, less disruptive kids

We have facilites that match those of the local private school. We never find ourselves wanting something more Our students are respectful, not 'noisy and disruptful'. We have the full range of community activites (sport and otherwise) And our desks are clean thankyou very much.

4. resources: a few old computers v brand new computer labs, access to laptops, free provision of all the standards packages/ excel books/study mates, subscriptions to legal journals and bulletiens

yes, yes, yes and yes. We have an excess of computers, we have a laptop policy and we have access to all of the stuff you mentioned.

I don't know whether you're from a public or private, but you've got a very wrong view of the whole private v public thing. Some of the things you have said are plain childish, and I hope that shows in your HSC results.

Last edited:

connie

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by YEAR12

first of all, no need to be rude. [/b]
says she named "resident bitch"

and with classes that small you are obviously more deprived than i first imagined... yours must be some country school where all years learn in the same building

oh and im sure you dont having chewing gum on the desks... yes your quite right chewy doesn't stick that well to slates... oh hold on do you mean theres no chewy because "70cents" is way too much to be spent all in one go, i mean who pays for a good education these days.. tisk tisk

by the way you can take your luck back, i wont be needing it, my HSC results are looking just fine

finally and, yes you can quote me on this "MOST private schools offer a better education than public schools"

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
um I never wished you luck......

And actually I go to a school in Sydney 1800 kids. What school do you go to may I ask?

Last edited:

connie

HSC
N/A

Some of the things you have said are plain childish, and I hope that shows in your HSC results. [/B]
sorry my mistake you didnt wish me luck rather you made an implication that my HSC results would be bad, I'm afraid im not the childish one who has a chip on my shoulder because i dont go to a private school.

Look i'll put it simply i'm not sure how many private schools there are in Australia but its safe to say there is hundreds. Attending those hundreds of schools are hundreds of students. Those students parents are paying thousands of dollar for them to attend those schools. So lets do some simple maths
000s x 000s x 0000s

now lets make it simple and put a 1 before these 0s, we get 10 million do you really think that there 10 million dollars a year is wasted by fellow Australians and more from international students fee's or do you think that possibly TEN MILLION DOLLARS IS SPENT ON A GOOD EDUCATION?

im not sure that legal studies was a good choice on your behalf, due to your lack of reasoning.

lastly you keep presenting yourself to be more and more deprived when your school can't even afford to have separate campus' for the primary and senior schools

"smiles"

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
You didn't answer my question. What school do you go to. Or are you ashamed.

And who ever said we didn't have seperate campuses? It was purpose built to be that way darling, its not a matter of money. Should I turn around and ask if your school is that poor that they can't afford a campus big enough for K-12?

And I think you want me to have a chip on my shoulder, Im afraid I had the pick of any school in Sydney but I chose to stay at my current school because of the opportunities it offered.

And why are you throwing figures at me? I know how poorly public schools are funded and I know how much private school students pay. That is not the question. What Im saying is we get 50-60% of students with UAIs of 85 and above (that is on par with any private school), and we aren't getting a 'poorer' education because we don't pay $15 000 per year to go to school.

Last edited:

connie

HSC
N/A
What school do you go to may I ask?
ok heres an answer, no you may not

I don't wish to post my school on here so it can be publically attacked, i'm not ashamed as on other posts i have disclosed my school

And it was you who said you cant pay for a good education, so if you CANT then as i pointed out why do the ppl paying millions of dollars seem to think you can?

if they've got the money to spend, perhaps they mights have the brains to understand what a good investment is and subsequently a good education?

connie

HSC
N/A
you are getting a poorer education... worse funding = worse resources - worse environment to learn in -worse results

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
well Im telling you that I happen to know that you do not need to pay vast amounts of money to get an education.

And if you are not willing to post your school then obviously you are not as proud of the superior education you purport to have gotten because of your attendance at such a school.

connie

HSC
N/A
as i pointed out earlier i have posted my school on various other threads, why should i give you the satisfaction, no-one else is asking!

secondly, i never claimed you had to pay "vast amounts" of money to get an education, i simply pointed out that you "CAN PAY FOR A GOOD EDUCATION," which you previously denied in your comment, "you can't pay for a good education," as you can see again you are in agreeance with me and i find it difficult to make a point with someone who wants to argue, yet agree with you in different words. "closes mouth and does not say anything further" btw -you can't win every argument

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
darling this was never a competition for me--obviously from that comment it was for you.
I never said you can't pay for a good education. Im saying you don't have to.

connie

HSC
N/A
hahahahaha you amuse me like a jester to a king
-the jester thinks himself funniest of the land to be serving the king
-yet the king sees the jester as amusement for awhile then feeds him to the lions

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
yep ok, try and change the subject with stupid remarks like that. You know that you were out of place insulting my teachers and my school.

connie

HSC
N/A
haha you may think it a stupid comment but its how i see it, i never insulted your teachers or school (i dont even know what one it is) i insulted the whole public system and rightfully so... there are millions of others who do everyday

if there wasn't a need for a better school... a private school... they wouldnt exist!

you see "darling" how can i insult something which is unknown to me? However if you did disclose your school im sure i probably would insult it

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
MacArthur Anglican School ay?

www.mas.nsw.edu.au

Im soooo intimidated :rolleyes:

Get over it darling, if you are so high and mighty, why are you participating in a conversation with a cretin like myself? If you are so sure that you are getting a superior education, I invite you to beat me in the exams. Cya there. :rolleyes:

EDIT: And your comment about regional schools appears to be hypocritical in the extreme....

Last edited:

connie

HSC
N/A
no no a regional school that is funded well i have no criticism for, it is a regional that is poorly funded that i feel does not provide a good education, where is the hypocritism?

u seem to be stuck on my school? i dont remember ever saying my school was good, i simply remember saying overall private schools offer a better education!

again did i say i wanted to intimidate you?

did i claim to be high and mighty?

i would appreciate if the personal attacks could stop and rather if you wish to argue, argue the point public v private

as for beating you in the exams, the thought will not even cross my mind, i simply aim to get into my course, anything other than that is irrelavant

connie

HSC
N/A
i see you posted the website there, did u find any complaints?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Oh I am using personal attacks am I? Sorry what was I, a jester? Pfft. :rolleyes:

And there is the difference between you and me. At our school we are encouraged to be the best. We are in competition with the rest of the state, and are encouraged to come first. There is the difference.

connie

HSC
N/A
no my question was do you have any complaints from what you saw on the website?

and jester was a metaphor of how i find you amusing, since when is calling someone amusing a personal attack?

lastly at my school we dont need to be the best, people are happy if WE DO OUR BEST and if my best is not as good as someone elses which im sure its not in many aspects then so be it,

yes, we are in competition but there can only be one first, does that mean everyone else should feel bad? first in an exam is not everything... in fact what is it at all? a demonstration of a good memory? a brilliant ability to manipulate language? i can think of better things to be commended on, but then maybe they dont teach that at your school?! but i wouldn't know, your school is so good, you must have forgotten to mention it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)