Whos Smarter? Private or Public School in Legal? (1 Viewer)

Whos more smarter in legal?

• Private schools kick Public School Ass!

Votes: 36 28.6%
  • Public schools kick Private School Ass!

Votes: 48 38.1%
  • They\'re equal, just the amount of effort put into it....

Votes: 40 31.7%
  • No idea, i\'m just stupid

Votes: 9 7.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Well this would have to be the most silly argument ever, what exactley is it about????

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by connie
first in an exam is not everything... in fact what is it at all? a demonstration of a good memory? a brilliant ability to manipulate language?
Ah hah!! I knew you'd slip up some time. This is the very thing you're saying private schools are superior in offering, the modern definition of an 'education'. Your whole argument is based on those going to a private school getting a better education and therefore performing better than those educated in public schools. But now you are saying that things like that don't even matter.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
first in an exam is not everything... in fact what is it at all? a demonstration of a good memory? a brilliant ability to manipulate language?
Ah hah!! I knew you'd slip up some time. This is the very thing you're saying private schools are superior in offering, the modern definition of an 'education'. Your whole argument is based on those going to a private school getting a better education and therefore performing better than those educated in public schools. But now you are saying that things like that don't even matter.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC

HannieStar

Public- the top school in the state for legal is Cheltenham Girl's High School- for like 8 years or something (old HSC and new HSC)

HannieStar

And the top comprehensive school in the state for a few years now, (this includes pub and pri) is Cheltenham- a STATE school

NiMi

maq-psycho
HSC
public schools RULE! we have a class of abt 15 at asquith girls and most of us are doing really good in it

connie

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by YEAR12

actually you just slipped up, i didnt say anything about a "modern definition of an education" my point exactly, private schools offer an education about life i guess you could say, not only do they teach you how to perform well in an exam but they teach you how to perform well in life, which is why private schools are better and why u can pay for a good education.

i luv it when someone proves my point for me

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
oh so you have changed your argument now have you? This thread is about whether or not private school students do better at legal than public ones. You said they do because private schools offer a better education. And then you have gone on to day that this is not what matters. Choose one point and stick to it.

connie

HSC
N/A
yes this thread is about whether public or private schools do better at legal, however i NEVER passed a judgement on this, rather i criticised someones earlier comment "you can't pay for a good education" and every argument since has been against that statemet

you are the one that turned this into an argument against ME and EVERYTHING i say so why don't you go back look at my argument and start making a point that actually has something to do with it instead of searching for criticisms

*admits not perfect* can you?

connie

HSC
N/A
g for someone who's right all the time, you sure had alot to say

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I didn't say I was right all the time either. But Im right with this. You made a horrible generalisation, insulting my choice of school. I wanted to point out that you made a comment that was totally unfounded and insulting to me and the many other public school students on this board. I am recieving a quality education and have brilliant teachers, so your comment enraged me, particularly seeing you had nothing to base your argument on (attending a private school, how could you know of the education in a public school?). I agree the education system is in trouble and if the government don't do anything it will soon collapse, but that does not mean that all public schools have 'poor facilities, poor teachers and poor students'

HannieStar

Connie- the only reason your school has such great facilities is because the gov't is jeopardising the public system to fund elitist, private schools which shouldnt get a cent from the government.

I have been to private school for the bulk of my education and I went to public for later high school because the standard was higher. So as a person with experience in both systems- the public system is far superior and doesn't spoon feed its students- like the private system- which is why public students handle uni better because they are already independent learners.

HannieStar

And even when I was in the private system- I, and my family firmly believed that there should be no government expenditure on any private schools- unless it was for the mentally/physically disadvanteged- because it was OUR choice to have a private education and that should not result in others being educationally disadvantaged.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
No I do think that private schools should recieve funding, education is the government's responsibility. However there are many examples of these schools getting MORE funding than public schools because it goes on the number of students you have. Smaller schools get hardly any funding, whereas the huge private schools get a lot more. This is just going to attract more parents to send their children to these schools and thus the public schools are left with even less funding. Its a vicious circle, and if the government doesn't do something, the system will collapse.

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by HannieStar
Public- the top school in the state for legal is Cheltenham Girl's High School- for like 8 years or something (old HSC and new HSC)
my friend might just break that trend :p

connie

HSC
N/A
actually i went to a private in 7-9 public in 10 and private 11-12 and so as person of experience in both as you call it hannie... i believe you can pay for a good education, as i pointed out earlier im not saying everyone in a private school is smarter because i know thats not true but people in a private school will always get a better education than those in the MAJORITY of public schools, however i admit their are a FEW good public schools

HannieStar

yeah- and i am saying that the education is not better. and that the facilities you say are better are facilites which should be payed for by the parents, not by the state. the end. stop asking people what kind of school they go to- grow up. schools over if you havent heard- nobody is going to give a shit in 3 weeks time so grow up and stop trying to make people feel inferior for not being able to afford the education which you deem superior. i will laugh if all the public people who you have been looking down your nose at get better uais than you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)