Why did you guys choose USYD? (1 Viewer)

pHyRe

HSC
do we pick our classes on the day we go to enroll or is that done online?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
do we pick our classes on the day we go to enroll or is that done online?
You can do that at enrolment day but you're able to change things around online until the census date.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
1) hogwarts
2) the meatboxes
3) $4/5 pides
4) the grass

nah seriously, when i transferred to USYD from UWS after my first year, it was because:
- prestige/reputation
- more convenient for me to get to from the Liverpoool/Fairfield area
- transferring into UNSW commerce was too competitive
- very close to a station
- close to the CBD

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Why the hard-on for the Quad?

Chances are you'll never even have a class there.

HSC
Tbh the quad building isn't even that alluring as a student. Its more for bragging to people who go to new south pre uni. 'Ahmaegerd I go to Hogwarts everyday!! ' 'my uni is filled with castles'

I've had 2 classes in the quad and the rooms are pretty old and dingy some of the time. The old parts of it have terrible seats designed for pain. Took and exam in there. Terrible.

pHyRe

HSC
1) hogwarts
2) the meatboxes
3) $4/5 pides
4) the grass

nah seriously, when i transferred to USYD from UWS after my first year, it was because:
- prestige/reputation
- more convenient for me to get to from the Liverpoool/Fairfield area
- transferring into UNSW commerce was too competitive
- very close to a station
- close to the CBD
unsw comm too competitive. but has a lower atar cut off than usyd considering how easy bonus points are at unsw though? you shoulda applied both, no harm right?

Rythen

HSC
Tbh the quad building isn't even that alluring as a student. Its more for bragging to people who go to new south pre uni. 'Ahmaegerd I go to Hogwarts everyday!! ' 'my uni is filled with castles'

I've had 2 classes in the quad and the rooms are pretty old and dingy some of the time. The old parts of it have terrible seats designed for pain. Took and exam in there. Terrible.
#truth.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
someth1ng gets all the physics ladies
There's not many physics ladies.

One of the only ones I know someth1ng massively offended by calling her a slut.

I chose USYD because of Rythen
Lol Rythen thought I was English for a whole semester and then was devo when he realised my true Southern bogan roots

I forgot to mention this before, but I honestly chose USyd because it has the biggest and most qualified arts faculty in the whole of Australia (and maybe even Southern hemisphere depending how close you get to the equator).

And then I enrolled in a science degree. lol

But really, if you have an interest in arts subjects, nothing beats USyd (except maybe a specific media&comm degree, charles stuart is probs better)
I'd say UTS is the most practical course for journalists, but the one at CSU Bathurst has also churned out some good opportunities.
---
Hmmm why did I chose USYD. I distinctly exactly where I was when I felt like this was the place for me. I was sitting outside that cafe near Footbridge, just kinda soaking the atmosphere up. And I felt, yes this is the place for me. I didn't click with any of the other unis so well, even though I was a little torn between UMELB and USYD (UMELB is most similar to USYD in feel imho). But I felt the USYD course would be better for me for what I wanted to do. Also good opportunities for me to do Adv/SSP units. I also liked the college I was accepted into Syd more than UMELB, Usyd college life is pretty sweet and given small amt of spots not something I wanted to turn down. Also, I could never kid myself that I always liked Syd way more as a city than Melbourne. Also, I like adventures, moving south is practically what everyone does where I live, I would have been tempted to just hang with my friends from UMELB HS program I was in/people from my local town. USYD has such a strong campus life (love them student pols), best C&S program imho which really appeals to me who spends a lot of time on campus. Plus, um our debating club is #1 in the world so it's pretty sexy ;) (Take that Cambridge)

Also, had to be that rural diversity for the place xoxo

peri24

HSC
There's not many physics ladies.

One of the only ones I know someth1ng massively offended by calling her a slut.
blahahahaha. da best.

i chose UNSW coz of da eng faculty. i lik da area surounding kensington nd its clowse 2 moore park. the ppl der r friendly too. dats mii intake on it.

Lina3

HSC
Reasons I changed from UNSW to Usyd after getting an offer to study there in the second round (ranked in order of importance):

1.Course was different to my original, with significantly better employment prospects.
2.Course structure was better, with a wider variety of subjects.
3. Much easier to travel to.
4. A better ranking arts faculty.
5. More clubs and societies that I was actually interested in joining.
6. Campus atmosphere.

Michael203

HSC
1.Course was different to my original, with significantly better employment prospects.
2.Course structure was better, with a wider variety of subjects.
3. Much easier to travel to.
4. A better ranking arts faculty.
5. More clubs and societies that I was actually interested in joining.
6. Campus atmosphere.
for numba 5, wat club or society is interesting?

Lina3

HSC
for numba 5, wat club or society is interesting?
Well, since I enjoy and will be studying history as my arts major I'm looking at: the Creative Anachornists society, History Students society, Archeology society, Madrigal society, Period Drama society and Arts Students society.

Other ones I'm interested in are: Musical Society, Chocolate Society, Disney appreciation society, Young Vinnines society, Amnesty international society, Tea Society and Golden Key Society.

However, that's just me...different people like different things. http://www.usu.edu.au/Clubs-Societies/Our-clubs-societies.aspx <- Here is the list, I'm sure you'll find something you're into :)

bangladesh

HSC
Purely for 3 reasons.

-Easier to get to
-Flexibility in first year units
-Hotter chicks than unsw (srs)

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
Purely for 3 reasons.
-Hotter chicks than unsw (srs)
+1

Plethora of arts subjects ranging from some of the most BS to the most interesting. On top of that... I don't have to cram on the bus with 50 other students after a train ride every morning just to get to uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)