Why Do Girls Have To Make The 1st Move? (2 Viewers)

TruthIsOutThere

HSC
pinkblinkbarbie said:
i agree with everything you have said in this thread. i mean with my current bf i sort of made the first move, but we were both waiting for the other person to do it. and i guess if a guy isnt shy then there wouldnt be any waiting, but i was waiting for my boyfriend to do it and i got impatient so i did it. and thats what happens to me when it comes to making the first move, i get impatient waiting for the guy and will sometimes make the first move myself. but i dont mind if the guys. and yes it is traditional for the man to and i love it when he does, but i think its also akward if both of you are waiting for the other person to make the first move, and because im not shy when it comes to relationships, i take the initiative and do it myself.
It makes sense in your case to make a move since both parties have been waiting for the other side to act.. there needs to be an ice-breaker otherwise it would have gone nowhere. But afterall, were you giving him enough hints? maybe he didnt know for sure that u liked him so he held back fearing it might jeopardise the friendship.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
choc-chip said:
Personally, I'll neva make the 1st move somehow..
Then you never deserve to have a move made on you. It's hardly fair to a guy if he has to make the first move every time while girls sit there without taking a risk.

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
he definently knew i liked him. but he is shy. and i dont see a problem with that. and i mean it would be nice if all guys made the first move, but in reality a lot of guys are shy and girls do hate to wait so for them, making the first move makes it happen rather then the whole thing fizzling out and going nowhere.

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
guys really dont want to make the first move without recieving hints cos they dont wanna get rejected.

thats why we require the hints...and once we have the hints we can continue..

Narelle

HSC
enoch said:
thats why we require the hints...and once we have the hints we can continue..
too little hints and the guy doesn't get it

too many hints and the guy might loose interest.... its not a "chase" anymore

love is such a balancing act

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Narelle said:
too little hints and the guy doesn't get it

too many hints and the guy might loose interest.... its not a "chase" anymore

love is such a balancing act

I completely agree.

These days the hints that chicks give can be very blurred and subtle, that it's hard to distinguish if she really likes u or not. For example the way college girls flirt and that may not necessarily mean they like you....they may just be messing around, and having fun. However, when uni girls use the same flirting techniques they may want more than just friends. So because everyone has different standards, and some people push the boundaries more than should be done, it can be very hard to follow up on these hints from a dude's perspective.

I reckon whoever likes who, they should do the asking and make it obvious.......instead of this beating around the bush approach that only causes confusion.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Nothing says i love you like a double barrelled remington bolt action shotgun.

HSC
Most times it's pretty obvious that a fella just doesn't (a) get the massive hinting in his general direction or (b) does but lacks the confidence/common sense to act. So sometimes a girl's gotta take charge, grab him by the scruff of his shirt and yell "oi, sherlock, im right here: solve the cryptic and let's get on with it..." Embrace the physical abuse necessary girls...to an extent of course.

berry580

HSC
Argonaut said:
Females have to make the first move if they want a long-term relationship because when guys do they're usually only looking to get into a girl's pants.
Not really, you generalise abit too much.
Personally, I won't get into a relationship just to get her on my bed. If sex is all I want, there are alternatives which require less stress and comes quicker, much quicker..... (at a cost $$$). HAHA

i never have made the first move. guys always make the move on me.
So does he only looks into your pants and run when he finishes? LOL
chicks makes the first move cuz their bfs r just fuckin dumb ie. my ex nothing happened for 3 mths cuz well he never got the hints i was giving so yeh...n wen i dumped him he got all cut n was like 'u were the best gf i ever had' yeh well good luck buddy

lol
You are so slack.

So what hints did you drop?
how obvious? seriously, guys dont take hints. you basically have to say "I WANT YOU" before you guys get the point that the lap sitting, nuzzling, sexy looks and giggling mean anything!
boys are the confusing ones.
Matem bitches and sluts are everywhere, and they do similar things for the sake of nothing. How can we tell there difference? You know we can't read one's mind?

If the chick has to make the move then the dude obviously doesn't like her... if he was really into her he would advance. Since he's not he doesn't really like her. All these "hints" that chicks reckon they've been getting is crap unless he makes a move.

Simple as that

...if he does like her but still doesn't make the move then he's gay... if not homosexual gay then 'gay' cause he's shy, why waste time with a dude like that.

I reckon chicks give enough hints to guys... sometimes the whole world knows except them

anyway, asking guys out is desperate
Well no, you know everyone has burdens, and girl isn't all a guy wants. e.g For me, my HSC is next year, and I can't afford to waste on a girl although I really like her(although i don't know if she likes me or not), and i'll use the time not spent on her wisely to make up for the loss of a possible relationship,

TruthIsOutThere

HSC
berry580, don't waste your chance with the girl you like... there might not be a second chance!! Go ask her out or you will regret it... screw the HSC, you don't need to spend much time on study to get a good mark... besides, HSC is piss easy. Live life now!!

Narelle

HSC
TruthIsOutThere said:
berry580, don't waste your chance with the girl you like... there might not be a second chance!! Go ask her out or you will regret it... screw the HSC, you don't need to spend much time on study to get a good mark... besides, HSC is piss easy. Live life now!!
Lol, yeah berry listen to truth... and wat now, hsc NEXT year?.. u have pleanty of time...

if u dont make up for it during trials then u have the day before hsc to cram

berry580

HSC
TruthIsOutThere said:
I expect alot from myself and my parents expect alot from me, and just don't want to regret because I didn't study enough.

I do like that girl alot, but asking a girl out puts me even in greater pressure than an exam, and I don't want these pressure until I've finished my HSC. I know that girl is a person who's onto school too, so I doubt I'll be too late even then after the HSC. If by one of a billionth chance I really missed the chance, then I guess I have bad luck.
Another girl who I like rejected me once already, and I probably won't be ready for another one until the end of next year.

KwIcKsAnDz

HSC
veridis said:
and what may i ask is wrong with saying "I WANT YOU". it seems alot easier than lap sitting, nuzzling, sexy looks nad giggling.
esp when chicks who are just good friends also do the lap sitting and giggling and hugging.

I HEAR YA VERDIS

ive had chicks all over me ie lap, lying next to each other but they were close friends.... of dubious past.... but they were close to alota ppl. mixed signals sure do suck major ass

why cant single randoms do that to me

KwIcKsAnDz

HSC
sped_kid01 said:
it depends on what u call the 'first move'...
i think girls flirt 1st of all...as in eye contact etc..
but yeah, usually guys make the 1st official move

I dont see eye contact light touching etc all that girl bs as a first move cause almost all of that happens in most social situations reguardless of atraction

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
lol i had this girl tell me she made the first move on me cause she smsd me

i just dont count that as the first move because its so impersonal and remote- the "first" move whatever u think of it is more than a small text message asking you if you want to do something on the weekend

HSC
say if a guy has a lazy eye due to environmental circumstances (eg motor vehicle accident) and it is a socially constructed idea that only retards have lazy eyes...that guy would be pretty hesitant to make the first move as rejection is obviously inevitable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)