Why Do Girls Have To Make The 1st Move? (1 Viewer)

KwIcKsAnDz

HSC
berry580 said:
I expect alot from myself and my parents expect alot from me, and just don't want to regret because I didn't study enough.

I do like that girl alot, but asking a girl out puts me even in greater pressure than an exam, and I don't want these pressure until I've finished my HSC. I know that girl is a person who's onto school too, so I doubt I'll be too late even then after the HSC. If by one of a billionth chance I really missed the chance, then I guess I have bad luck.
Another girl who I like rejected me once already, and I probably won't be ready for another one until the end of next year.

All i can say is damm you must lead a sheltered life. one day you will enter the real world and find out that your hsc mark doesnt rule the rest of your life.

but the relationships that you forge will. having no experience with women aint gonna do you no favours when you actually start to pursue them, if that day ever comes

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
first move
lol
i went to a party tonight
and a guy i kinda fancied caught my eye.. we got talking then it was all like..... "come sit on my lap"
i was all like uhhh okai :D
lol then the touching and feeling, wandering of hands and that started
and i pulled the first move (first move in regards of leaning in for the kiss)
is that what u call first move
or first move as in he told me to come sit on his lap? lol

anyway i found out at the end of the night he had a girlfriend.
oups.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
berry580 said:
I expect alot from myself and my parents expect alot from me, and just don't want to regret because I didn't study enough.

I do like that girl alot, but asking a girl out puts me even in greater pressure than an exam, and I don't want these pressure until I've finished my HSC. I know that girl is a person who's onto school too, so I doubt I'll be too late even then after the HSC. If by one of a billionth chance I really missed the chance, then I guess I have bad luck.
Another girl who I like rejected me once already, and I probably won't be ready for another one until the end of next year.
IMO having someone during the HSC period can only be a good thing as it means there's always someone there for emotional support if you feel you've fucked up an exam or haven't studied enough etc.

HSC
Asquithian said:
All the guys i knew who got a GF during the HSC had their UAI's drop from around 90 to um well 65...( I believe it has something to do with discovering SEX...and that sex is good...and that sex feels better than studying...and that thinking about sex is also better than studying...)
How exactly does a UAI drop from 90 to 65, unless they did the HSC once, got 90, then did it again with a girlfriend and got 65?

Personally I'm not so sure if I agree. I'd say it's all a matter of personal priorities. I had a girlfriend during my HSC, and had no problems at all with my marks, because we both realised that the HSC was a more pressing concern than spending all our time together. That's not to say that we completely ignored each other, just that we balanced time together with time spent studying in a manner acceptable to both of us.

To me that seems to be more about responsibility and knowing what you've got to get done, despite the fact that this may not be the same as what you want to do.

Then again, we were going out well before that, and continue to go out well after that, so maybe it's also a matter importance. To me, a lasting relationship was much more important than the HSC. For those who would rather do away with a relationship, or never start one, in order to squeeze an extra few marks from the HSC, then I guess it's a different story.

Edit: Forgot the other bit I meant to reply to. I'd be inclined to agree with withoutaface on the support thing. Personally I found that I'm lacking in motivation, but that having someone close to talk to during the process helped motivate me to get the best results I could. Another thing I found useful was having someone that I knew wouldn't look down on or ridicule me for asking questions to clear up things I wasn't sure on, even at that late stage in the HSC. Again this will vary from person to person, I'm not the most self-motivated person in the world, while I'm sure many other people here are :)

Last edited:

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Punkcess said:
Why?
Why do females usually have to make the 1st move? I mean come on guys, are you that afraid of being rejected, or are girls just this scarey?

I mean come on guys why wont u get out there,
the sooner u ask, the closer you to getting sex lol?
I wouldn't really make the first move, i'd wait to see if the guy does first , and if he dosn't well maybe i would then, depends.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
id hav to also disagree with Asquithian..
ok yes if u had a fuck buddie and u wasted lik 15hrs a day on that .. yes mabbe drop in potential..
but i doubt that a drop of 35 pts.. cos firstly.. u cant tell wat a person is goin to get rather than wat they got.. so u may hav overestimated..
most guys with a gf i kno were within 0.4-1 of their prediction cos most had one done for scholarships .. but then hey guys with out gfs fared just as well.. so i think its just how u manage time... sex on the mind is always there esp for guys ..

yer i prefer if a girl hints the first move cos you dun want to just 'jump' out and find out.. ure being a lil premature..

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
yer i prefer if a girl hints the first move cos you dun want to just 'jump' out and find out
theres a small problem with us hinting........

YOU BOYS NEVER NOTICE!!!!

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
thats why society provides us with the medium to meet halfway noticing each other's hints- BOOZE

geez most of the stories i read here begin with, we were at a party, we had a bit to drink, i was drunk, he was drunk etc....

Shen86d

HSC
hm.. well thats true.. parties are the perfect medium =)

as if we dont notice.. whenever we try smthn to go a bit further u galz suddenly change ur signals.. so girls are jus playing around with us and makes everything confusing.. coz when we mis read signals we end up feeln crap and embarassed, so thru generations we have been passed down with experience and are more cautious now haha so its always hard.. if only girls made it less damn confusing!!

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Shen86d said:
hm.. well thats true.. parties are the perfect medium =)

as if we dont notice.. whenever we try smthn to go a bit further u galz suddenly change ur signals.. so girls are jus playing around with us and makes everything confusing.. coz when we mis read signals we end up feeln crap and embarassed, so thru generations we have been passed down with experience and are more cautious now haha so its always hard.. if only girls made it less damn confusing!!
damn straight.

dougthelegend

HSC
us males are just soooo bad at reading signals - i mean - the signals, unless they are pretty blatant - you can never be too sure, and rejection aint the greatest feeling you know!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
girl's hints are usually way too subtle. with every hint i've gotten, you can never be sure. and like heaps of people have said, rejection ain't nice. it really lowers your confidence.

the greatest hint i can have is being passionately kissed by a girl *thumbs up for a hint* :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)