why do girls play hard to gett?? (1 Viewer)

*Buttercup*

HSC
homestarrunner said:
There's a difference between hard to get and mission friggin impossible. some chicks just dont know the difference - and therein lies the problem.:jedi:
maybe she's just not that into you...

keepa04

HSC
weve obviously established that they like the chase

but its pretty obvious if shes not interested or just playing 'hard to get'

if shes ignoring u completely or telling u to stop following her and/or sitting outside her window at night and watching her sleep, then its probably time u give up...

but if theres something between u, whats wrong with chasing, its just a bit of fun :)

Bendeguz

HSC
The problem is how can you tell wether a female is playing ‘Hard To Get’? What is the difference between this ‘game’ and showing that you are genuinely disinterested? How can a male tell wether he has to show the female she is worth it and wether he should cut his losses and accept the situation as it stands and move on?

HSC
Blackswan said:
It's all about 'the chase' :)
It's the best part of a relationship. I know I play hard to get sometimes. I think it's a way to see if the guy thinks you are worth it. If he doesn't run after you, then he isn't worth it. If a girl is playing hard to get it means she wants you bad ;)
very hard too distinguish between that and when she's dicking you

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i have unintentionally played hard to get out of shyness...it wasn't so much about wanting to be chased as it was about not wanting to be completely obvious about liking the guy (because i was shy). needless to say, nothing ever happened between us because i wasn't game enough to be upfront about it. looking back something probably could have developed if it wasn't for that. (hint: playing hard to get will only have a chance of working if you at least do a bit of initial flirting to get him interested, no point just plain ignoring someone and expecting them to chase you) ;)

T

trolloutaface

You shouldn't play hard to get because you might miss out on real love:

remember when we met,
before I was invisible.
I thought I'd play it hard to get,
pretend I'm unapproachable.
But somebody else came along and
took all the chances that I missed.
Stuck on the sideline I keep thinking 'there she goes'...

Falling like rain...
No, I don't get to hold her tonight.
Falling like rain...
I was pushed to the back of the line.
'Cause even though I need her love and crave her touch,
I guess I wasn't fast enough.
She's falling like rain,
Just not for me.
Not for me, no, no...

Why I took the longest road
I'll have to plead insanity.
It's like my pride put on a show
and didn't sell a single seat.
While I was talking in riddles,
somebody else made perfect sense.
Stuck on the outside I keep thinking 'there she goes'...

Falling like rain...
No, I don't get to hold her tonight.
Falling like rain...
I was pushed to the back of the line.
'Cause even though I need her love and crave her touch,
I guess I wasn't fast enough.
She's falling like rain,
Just not for me.
Just not for me.

What do you do, what do you say
when the best thing has passed you by?
Where do you go, how do you know,
if she'll come back another time?

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i have unintentionally played hard to get out of shyness...it wasn't so much about wanting to be chased as it was about not wanting to be completely obvious about liking the guy (because i was shy). needless to say, nothing ever happened between us because i wasn't game enough to be upfront about it. looking back something probably could have developed if it wasn't for that. (hint: playing hard to get will only have a chance of working if you at least do a bit of initial flirting to get him interested, no point just plain ignoring someone and expecting them to chase you) ;)
Yeah I play it far too well. :(

circusmind

HSC
Bendeguz said:
The problem is how can you tell wether a female is playing ‘Hard To Get’? What is the difference between this ‘game’ and showing that you are genuinely disinterested? How can a male tell wether he has to show the female she is worth it and wether he should cut his losses and accept the situation as it stands and move on?
Learn to read body language.

cridlee

HSC
N/A
There are many reasons why girls play hard to get.

It is a way that they use to tell the guys out there they are not easy target that any guy can just hook onto them. And guys being guys also like the challenge of getting the girl that plays hard to get with them.

Last edited:

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Playing hard to get is a sieve, really.

Guys who don't know how to play the game (or are too stubbornly honest for it), and those who can't maintain a false image fall through the cracks. Guys who don't try enough, try too hard, or lose their patience fall through as well.

We don't appreciate being bounced around in a sieve, but given that pretty girls (even average ones) get hit on numerous times every day, there must be some way for them to filter through the masses.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)