why do i feel like the only one unprepared? (1 Viewer)

dizzyingheights

as the subject of the thread indicates. i've pretty much crammed for the half yearlies, trials and now for this... i've done fairly well in the other exams though there isn't much competition in my class. i want to do well though i'm very stressed and worried about the quality of my work against the state. everyone else on here seems to know what they are talking about. additionally ive not practised ONE essay all yr... only made points and worked off them . the second section by far is freaking me out the most... this compunded by the fact that i have no motivation right now with THREE more exams to go.

i think i'll be trying to memorise all night. this unit has to count for me...

Am i the ONLY one?

Last edited:

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
I have no idea what I'm talking about and I haven't memorised much that is actually useful. So no, you're not the only one!

devi

no... i have no idea what i'm doing....

i go to a selective school, and am like the only kid not going to uni... i dont want to, and therefore have NO motivation at all...

i've flailed all year because they think we are all way smart, but im failing. oh well. *sigh*

Leap

free falling
HSC
Don't worry, I've learnt nothing all year and I don't have related texts yet.
I'm fairly sure most of my class are desperately underprepared as well, so you're by no means the only one.

dizzyingheights

i just hate looking back and thinking "that wasn't too hard... i could have done so much better". regret in retrospect really scares me. and plus im doing crime fiction... the most popular elective which means competition will be ripe. I wish i could have a stronger optimistic mentality...

i think venting frustrations helps to some extent... even though the clock ticks as I do it.

thanks for bothering to reply guys... we'll make it together!!

devi

well, RFTG is a stupid-ass topic invented by the BOS.... i fucking hate it and its so dumb.... grrr *vent-vent*

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
regret in retrospect is horrible, but you have to face the facts it's over. as much as you knew you could've done better, it's over. ah i sound so calm now, but i wasnt like that a few days ago!

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
if you're worried about the quality of ur work against the state.. u don't have to worry about any competition from our school (for once lol). We're all flailing about.. and i don't think more than 10 ppl (max) are taking 3u as a subject very seriously... =P (we have enough units as it is ^^)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I haven't studied for this since the trials.....haven't really done much today either. Planning on doing some after I have a shower soon. But its a definite maybe....

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
i'm the same. i've spent all day considering the possibility of thinking maybe there's a chance i might somehow question the idea of perhaps studying.

and well i'm still mulling it over while the pretty white clouds from my 2week break from exams are disintegrating around me.

badlysketched

haha weeeeell i havta say i'm in the same position as u dizzy!!! yep started studying tonight... grabbed someone off this site to help! my class is like... there are three people who are study psycho smart people... and everyone else is sliding slowing down the ladder... i've nearly hit the ground... 6 ppl do 3 unit at my school!!! i didn't even cram for the half yealy and yearlies and lal i do is talk in class... lets hope i go ok!! i'm hoping for an average mark... around 60-70%

cheers guys! goodluck! if we all do shit... their HAVE to shove us up!!!! :D

~QuEEN V~

i feel very screwed too, especially for the creative part...i can see them doing something really nasty this year 'cause last year's paper was pretty okay...grrrrrr...they better not make us write on three prescribed texts!!!

~QuEEN V~

hello there linda...see creative writing and i have a very odd relationship...sometimes we love one another to death, but other times we can't stand eachother...i'm just scared i'll fall into the common trap and write something very cliched...it's something that can easily happen in revenge tragedy especially...the essay is okay i guess...just bs abt conventions and what not...remember a few quotes...i screwed up creative quite badly in trial, which is why i am a tad worried...

s2ophie

HSC
I'm hoping for a decent creative bit. I hope it is an interview or something where you can develop a persona. I *think* i'm alright for I&S, I've just been reading over the essays that i wrote and got good marks for and i think i will just try to memorise quotes. The beauty of P&P though is that i know the entire thing off by heart do no quotes for that! I think what has made me feel less stressed for EE is that i have had a good class and a good teacher and we spent most of our time in class talking about the texts in regards to the module. Admittedly a fair amount of that time was spent talking about whether Lizzy compromises in marrying Darcy and marries for money! (She so does not!) But yeah, EE or at least half of it should be ok. Just remember to write clearly and to have a logic running through your argument and you will all be fine.

Oh and try to ignore the fact that it is your last HSC exam EVER until they say pens down, then you can go back to watching P&P for pleasure! (not that studying the text has stopped me from enjoying it!)

OK back to studying, oh no wait fianl of Kath and Kim is on soon! hmmm what to do, what to do...!

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
ur medea flying around in a chariot one? hahah i scrwed up my tira altogether... the essay i sorta semi prepared is far too ..complciated..i tried to fit too mani texts in there... lyk i included the 3 compulsary.. and inlcuded 4 other supplementary.... so as u can see my fellow food freind.... it is a bit complicated...

oh well bk to editing for meeh...then i still gotta remember it......and i am still online.. hahah

cyaz tomoz!

~QuEEN V~

these stupiddddddddddddddd forums are soooo bloody addictive...and i thought MSN was bad! i gotta think of ideas for creative...i thought my medea flying around thing was good...of course our lovely teacher thought it was a little far off the mark from the question, which i can agree to an extent i suppose...yeah, good luck cramming Linda...ur essay does sound a bit too complicated...7 texts??? u can hardly really be very analytical...i stick to the bare minimum...it's less work!!!

cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)