• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why do people hate religion? (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
heres how i see things in the order of whats fucked up

Islam is the most fucked up - judaism - Christianity - random other religions [ hinduism, budhism]- atheism.

Islam is the most fucked up because they try and make out they are a religion of peace when historically they have been the most violent of all beleivers.

hindus and budhists come second last because they profess peace and actually mean it.

Atheism is the least fucked up because they profess nothing except there is no god and so there is no real contradiction.

I am strongly against organised religion. Beleive what you beleive, but dont try and tell me there arent multiple interpretations of your texts. Thats why i say i am a Christian but i arent shackled by the typical fundamentalist views.
Darwin > the pope.

HSC
you people dont know what islam is about , you havent read the quran, and yet you go on about how it is all about violence, if you read the quran then you wouldnt say that ...

also about the historical crap your talking about, the ONLY reason there were wars was becase people didnt acccept islam as a religion then the wars started,

and there arent multiple interpretations of islam ...only reason people think so is coz the quran is in arabic but when people translate it to english they misinterpret it...

also you shouldnt base a religion on how people that follow it act, because there are alot of the followers from every religion that dont know a thing about the religion... you should base whatever you think of the religion on what the religion tells you to do and its holly book...

HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
The word of god :rofl:

Those who failed to adapt to the needs of the time will face extinction. Just like Dinasaurs you may be big, powerful at times but hey time wont wait :uhoh:
really if you seem to find it ok that your holly book has been changed to suit society then good for you ... why would you even want to follow a religion that has been changed over many years, its meant to be from god not humans

HSC
robbie1 said:
The quran is also where terrorists get their justification for killing innocent people.
lol i find it soooooooooooooo funny when you people come on and go on about how the quran tells people to go murder others...if you actually read the quran you wouldnt have said that...

and for your information those who harm [eg kill etc] others will be punished in hell

also the quran doesnt justify terrorisim ... but if you read the quran then you would have known that

L

littlewing69

$hiftyIceQueen said:
you people dont know what islam is about , you havent read the quran, and yet you go on about how it is all about violence, if you read the quran then you wouldnt say that ...
I've read the Koran. It's a mixed bag--some bits are warm and fuzzy, and others are hellfire and smiting. It's kind of like the Bible in that respect, I guess. You shouldn't assume that the people who disagree with you are ignorant about your religion.

also about the historical crap your talking about, the ONLY reason there were wars was becase people didnt acccept islam as a religion then the wars started,
Please tell me you aren't serious. "Your honour, the only reason I murdered him was because HE didn't give me the money! It was all his fault!"

HSC
the reason of the wars which occured during to prophets days were because people didnt accept the religion, what dont you get in that?

also have you read the quran in arabic?

L

littlewing69

$hiftyIceQueen said:
the reason of the wars which occured during to prophets days were because people didnt accept the religion, what dont you get in that?
So it's acceptable to attack people because they don't accept your religion? I sincerely hope ASIO has a wiretap on you, my dear.

also have you read the quran in arabic?
No. I realise that this is the best way to read it to understand its rhythm, beauty, etc, but I think reading it in English with a good commentary is fine for understanding what the religion is all about. Have you read the New Testament in Greek?

Last edited by a moderator:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Islam is true

no it's not, christianity is true

lol not it's not idiot islam is

nah ur wrong

lol, trust me dude i believe in allah im right im definently right coz i was raised this way

um your an idiot

no you are

ok ur not gonna make it into the paradise you dirty infidel scum u deserve to die

ur gonna burn in hell. I won't kill you because im not as extreme as you but ur definently going to hell.

we'll see about that

ur prophet is a pedo

no he isn't..he is um...he is umm...well the definition of pedo doesn't apply to islam so ner

ok whatever idiot.

HSC
you dont know what the religion is about, you hate the religion, you hate all muslims, you dont explain why you hate islam and all muslims, and the list goes on...

L

littlewing69

$hiftyIceQueen said:
you dont know what the religion is about, you hate the religion, you hate all muslims, you dont explain why you hate islam and all muslims, and the list goes on...
EDIT: you obviously weren't talking to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:

If you really really wanted to know you would search every single one of my past post till u find what you are looking for, i have justified myself before and i don't feel the need to justify myself to anymore newcomers. Especially to a devout muslim because it is impossible for you to EVER see it the way i see it. Devout followerers of any religion do not know how to use logic. So it also impossible for me to see things your way. Let's leave it at that.

and i do not hate all muslims, one of my best friends is a muslim.

i do not hate him

hence, i do not hate all muslims

i do not consider his religion in my assessment of him as a person. I respect him as a person, not as a muslim.

Last edited:

robbie1

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
lol i find it soooooooooooooo funny when you people come on and go on about how the quran tells people to go murder others...if you actually read the quran you wouldnt have said that...

and for your information those who harm [eg kill etc] others will be punished in hell

also the quran doesnt justify terrorisim ... but if you read the quran then you would have known that
So your saying the terrorists read a different quran to you?

I dont think so...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)