• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why Do Teachers Complain? (2 Viewers)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
You'd think that teachers understood the extra work required as part of the job/the general level of pay when they chose to become a teacher. It's not like they weren't expecting it - they were students once themselves.

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Teacher deserve a pay rise... having to put up with dickheads such as yourself. I've had tecahers come in on weekends, help me in holidays with major works ect, the certinally deserve more than they're getting.

Plus, you seriously think that they want 25%? You tool. 3It's how this world works. They make an offer way above what the want/expect, and negotiate their way down to about 10-15%. Barganing, sunshine.

AND, as Cody said - the average age of teachers is 50+ - why? Because people like us aren't attracted into the field because of the shit (just like this) that occurs. We need to pay our teachers more to ensure that our kids will have teachers..

Lazy, all you do is complain. Everyone seems to think that they'll do better without their teachers anyway, that they don't care and don't want to help their students (Yeah, bullshit. I think it's the minority that are bitter and don't care), why do you give a shit if they strike or not. You won't be there so it doesn't concern you.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
dont forget that teachers get what, say like 40k a year and other graduates get double that.
teachers:
supervise discos
supervise excursions
mark work
set exams
NOT TO MENTION PUTTING UP WITH FERAL SMART ARSE KIDS ALL DAY EVERY DAY
etc all in their own time with no extra pay

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
WOOOO Chill

:p

I never knew their pay was THAT LOW, i just read the other thread that teachers with 10 years experience only earn $50k now that is PATHETIC

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
ffs, ten-year teacher get 0wned by first-year dentists... now that's pathetic... teachers should get way more...

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
Cody, yes there are a FEW TEACHERS, that actually care about student's progress, but do you REALLY THINK all teachers do,

The government has a budget to work to, which i truly agree with is US that's paying for the education, if 25% increase is agreed upon, i BET YOU the tax rate will increase

Australia already has the HIGHEST TAX RATE, damnit thats my POINT
AUstralia has the highest tax rate? wat about 80% in Sweden?? your posts on this issue are all fuckin ignorant..

is a roflcopter
HSC
i think they should of had the strike earlier on

we're not gona finish our maths course before school ends
so we have a 7:30 morning class on the day of my graduation -_-

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LOL Nick, they may have a higher tax rate, but remember that Sweden is a Social Welfare State, they get a hell of alot more back ;)

But then, we get a fair bit as well. I think whats wrong with our tax system is the brackets, they have haven't kepted up with inflation, getting taxed for earning over $6000 a year is a joke, but then whats worse is families that are forced to get a second job to survive - they will be taxed 47% of their income of that second job - the tax brackets are a job and is what has pretty much caused the new class of Working Poor.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Teachers have a right to complain, but so do a lot of other people in certain occupations...for instance-health professionals paid under the public heath system, like speech paths, physiotherapists, etc. (esp speech paths...yeah, in case you couldn't guess thats what I do. ;))

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
they are not some businessmen, they are basically GOVERNMENT WORKERS

so what you think businessmen who sit in offices all day long deserve more money than teachers who spend their lives helping us and teaching us life long skills.... see i think its the opposite... i think people in business earn TOO much... where would we be without teachers...
and as year12 said... teachers put up with so much fucking crap... they work long hours... unlike many business men and the like... their job does not end when they walk out the gates...
4) They became teachers as a "passion" they claim, then work for passion
so what you are saying that just because someone enjoys their job they shouldnt earn that much money.... pft thats just pathetic... they have lives they have to live too....
what about doctors who love their jobs? should they earn less money because it is a 'passion' for them.... pft

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
WOOOO Chill

:p

I never knew their pay was THAT LOW, i just read the other thread that teachers with 10 years experience only earn $50k now that is PATHETIC
Refer to this, i didn't mean to be ignorant

i seriously teachers averagely earn over $60k a year

i agree teachers MUST have the 25% increase for various good reasons, but i don't see how the Government can afford a big budget like that, im just saying is not easy for the Government to afford a huge amount on education, i mean it already is isn't it?

ok just ignore me, i never thought this will turn out into a big brawl lol

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
i seriously teachers averagely earn over $60k a year
try more around the mid 30k mark........ depending on how long they been teaching

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i'll also have to say, that the pay should be increased, because since there is crap pay, people don't want to be teachers, meaning there is a shortage of teachers, low(ish) uai, and teachers these days are getting worse and worse
Originally posted by Cyph
Come on, teachers don't teach for every single period - I'm sure that if this time was used instead of sitting around talking that they wouldn't have to work at home.
how much do you get done in your frees? even when you ARE working instead of sitting around talking?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Cody
No one of moderate intelligence even contemplates teaching as a proffesion as a result of the treatment they recieve by the gov. and low wages yet the gov. wonders why they cannot attract knowledgable students to teaching.
that's what i was trying to say in my last post

Originally posted by Lundy
You'd think that teachers understood the extra work required as part of the job/the general level of pay when they chose to become a teacher. It's not like they weren't expecting it - they were students once themselves.
ok 1. most students don't understand the teacher's pay and work, hence this thread bagging them out about it
2. most of the teachers are round 40/50 - when they started teaching it was a respectable profession with respectable pay. it's not like they can change their job now

and i would also like to add that teachers come in on the weekends, for morning classes, arvo classes, run extracurricular activities, organise excursions etc. etc. all unpaid. so even if they did get all their work done in their frees, as someone said above, it is impossible for them to do all these things in their frees

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
they get 60 K before tax... like after tax.. its like half of it goes....

umm private schools pay their teachers to what theyre worth.. ie.. if ur a physics teacher that had 20 people in the top 100 then u get ALOT..sometyimes same as principal

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
they get 60 K before tax... like after tax.. its like half of it goes....

umm private schools pay their teachers to what theyre worth.. ie.. if ur a physics teacher that had 20 people in the top 100 then u get ALOT..sometyimes same as principal
Why is it that selective school teachers get paid more than normal public High School teachers? is it because they have more qualifications? I mean it makes sense for a private teacher getting paid alot but Selective schools?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Why is it that selective school teachers get paid more than normal public High School teachers? is it because they have more qualifications? I mean it makes sense for a private teacher getting paid alot but Selective schools?
where did you get the idea selective schools get paid more? selective schools are normal government schools, with smarter kids, so the pay is the same

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)