• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why Do Teachers Complain? (1 Viewer)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Why the hell do teachers complain?

I mean Cops/Police work in more dangerous and unstable hours, and teacher's still complain wanting a 25% pay rise

Stupid bloody teachers

And don't cops receive a lower salary than the teachers, working irregular hours

now thats PATHETIC

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
they complain because they also work at home, for free. all the marking exams, making exams, writing reports is besically voulenteer work. so they get paid low salary 9-4 to also have to work arvos, nights and weekends

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
How much do these teachers receive anyways, i mean it CANT BE THAT BAD

i mean, police get paid lower than teachers dont they

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
But teachers get holidays when students get holidays, which is quite a lot in comparison to other full time jobs.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Cops make good money. They'd have to, otherwise we'd have NO COPS. All people working in a dangerous environment (cops, military, security etc) are paid a "situational benefit" which people often call "danger money". It's the sweetener that keeps the industry alive.

Rahul

Dead Member
a little bit off-topic, but fuck i hate cops.

teachers think they deserve more because they feel they are the key to the future(students they teach), which is understandable.

i dont know the figures involved, but they have to be careful not to abuse their power by going on strikes.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
But teachers get holidays when students get holidays, which is quite a lot in comparison to other full time jobs.
Hell yea

And also, some teachers can arrive to class 20minutes late, and students wont complain since most skools has idiots, who think teachers being late is a good thing

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Cops make good money. They'd have to, otherwise we'd have NO COPS. All people working in a dangerous environment (cops, military, security etc) are paid a "situational benefit" which people often call "danger money". It's the sweetener that keeps the industry alive.
GOOD MONEY? really :rolleyes: i might look forward to becoming a cop then :cool: :D and arrest each of you

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
I agree...

Teachers get so many holidays, and they still complain. They can't be picky about every single thing... :chainsaw:

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Yeah. And get suspended for misconduct :p
:rolleyes: i will make some bullshit up to make the arrest legitimate, cops can make alot of bullshits to arrest someone :D

OMG OMG.... imagine how much bribes and tax you can collect from gang members :p

Sammmmmuel

School teachers (not uni) r gay especially ones who think its all their hard work that gets us good marks and tell us we're letting them down by not coming to class and give detensions... i mean its our study that gets us good marks. if i didnt go to class i would get twice as mcuh work done instead of listening to their shit. theachers are an endangered species; we hav the internet at our fingertips now!!! :) suck shit teachers ull all be out of a job soon

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by Sammmmmuel
School teachers (not uni) r gay especially ones who think its all their hard work that gets us good marks and tell us we're letting them down by not coming to class and give detensions... i mean its our study that gets us good marks. if i didnt go to class i would get twice as mcuh work done instead of listening to their shit. theachers are an endangered species; we hav the internet at our fingertips now!!! :) suck shit teachers ull all be out of a job soon
Im NOT saying teachers don't deserve a pay rise, all jobs do but 25% over two years is LAME IS TOO BIG they are not some businessmen, they are basically GOVERNMENT WORKERS

1) Government has a budget to work to
2) Teachers job has alot of holidays and short working periods 9-3 with 1 1/2 hr lunch breaks
3) 15% over 2 years should be suitable not 25%
4) They became teachers as a "passion" they claim, then work for passion
5) once they get the payrise, they will simply desire for more $$ continually striking more

see my point i can list more reasons

TEACHERS ARE LAME, EXCEPT FOR A FEW

pri

HSC
N/A
do u honestly think they holidya in our holidays or stop working after 3 ?!?! geez lazy_korean dont be sooo ignorant

I know family friends who are teachers

they work til 5 and beyond on days (sometimes till very late at night) and in hols they have to prepare for term

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
meh.... im happy we got schooll strike yesterday since we finish courses already and my teachers do shit all anyway :p

so i say YaY strike.. strike.. strike....

Cody

HSC
N/A
first up teachers do not work 9 -3, it is mandatory to arrive by at least 8.30 and they all work arvo's, nights and weekends. Think about how many have gone out of their way to help you with year 12. D&T, art, drama usually give up their weekends to help students.
Teachers salary's and perception from the general public have over the past 20 - 30 dropped from being quite close to the salary's and level of respect recieved by doctors.
Unfortunately over the years their federation has been run by many who understand little if any about negotiation and as such teachers have often recieved a pay increase that is lower than inflation as well as a decrease in working conditions. ie. bigger classes.
The Carr gov. also prides themselves on having returned a surplus budget for the last 5 years and this is the first pay dispute where they have promised to to devalue the teaching profession.
Little fact: 30% of all current teachers will retire in about 5-10 years, think about how many young teachers you see. No one of moderate intelligence even contemplates teaching as a proffesion as a result of the treatment they recieve by the gov. and low wages yet the gov. wonders why they cannot attract knowledgable students to teaching.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Look, teachers have to put up with little shits all day long, and just cos the bell rings at 3pm doesn't mean they can go home and put their feet up.

Get over your prissy little whinging and shutup. Its not affecting you, so shutup!! What do you care how much teachers are paid?

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Cody, yes there are a FEW TEACHERS, that actually care about student's progress, but do you REALLY THINK all teachers do,

The government has a budget to work to, which i truly agree with is US that's paying for the education, if 25% increase is agreed upon, i BET YOU the tax rate will increase

Australia already has the HIGHEST TAX RATE, damnit thats my POINT

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by YEAR12

Get over your prissy little whinging and shutup. Its not affecting you, so shutup!! What do you care how much teachers are paid?
How isn't it affecting me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)