to see my profile
HSC
New Wii Release dates

November 8 - Big Brain Academy for Wii
November 8 - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
November 22 - Pokemon Battle Revolution
November 29 - Super Mario Galaxy
December 13 - Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Mid Dec - Zack and Wiki; Quest for Barbaros' Treasure.

HSC
I want to buy Super Mario Galaxy but I'm unsure until I find out the release date of SSBB.. can't have any new games distracting me when that beast comes out in Australia.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
click here said:
New Wii Release dates

November 8 - Big Brain Academy for Wii
November 8 - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
November 22 - Pokemon Battle Revolution
November 29 - Super Mario Galaxy
December 13 - Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Mid Dec - Zack and Wiki; Quest for Barbaros' Treasure.
Nice, Galaxy comes out on my birthday.

I think Guitar Hero 3 will be my next purchase but I'll probably end up buying three games at once cause I have to get them in Australia.

wongahy

HSC
Woohoo!! Metroid Prime: Corruption FTW~!!
I downloaded the trailer yesterday and it was awesome! I was like :eek:!!

I can't wait for Brawl to come out either ><

milanista

HSC
No HDMI.
No NG GPU.
No NEW GAMES.
No JUSTIFICATION FOR PRICE.

NO THANKS.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Why is HDMI necessary for a 480p console?
The price is low
Lots of new games are coming out

milanista

HSC
I was under the impression it had High Definiton support. Even more so then, I wouldn't buy a console now without High Definition support..

$400, correct? You can buy a PS3 for more or less $300 more now, I'd personally rather do that.

All personal preference though.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
milanista said:
I was under the impression it had High Definiton support. Even more so then, I wouldn't buy a console now without High Definition support..

$400, correct? You can buy a PS3 for more or less $300 more now, I'd personally rather do that.

All personal preference though.
wii's are $299, the cheapest ps3's are $678.

milanista

HSC
I haven't seen any Wiis for under $400. Anyway, I agree, gameplay is the most important thing. I tend to over exaggerate, because I'm thinking of purchasing a Wii, that is, with this newly discovered knowledge that they're $300. The point I'm suggesting though is that PS3 has both innovation, graphics and gameplay. Six Axis is similar to the Wii's control, though without doubt the Wii function is incorporated into every game, rather than the more often exluded Six Axis function in PS3 games. PS3 also has Home which should be quite enjoyable when it's released.

It's just a little annoying when you spend a lot of money on a big High Definition Television and you can't appreciate the visuals in the highest quality..

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
milanista said:
I haven't seen any Wiis for under $400. Anyway, I agree, gameplay is the most important thing. I tend to over exaggerate, because I'm thinking of purchasing a Wii, that is, with this newly discovered knowledge that they're $300. The point I'm suggesting though is that PS3 has both innovation, graphics and gameplay. Six Axis is similar to the Wii's control, though without doubt the Wii function is incorporated into every game, rather than the more often exluded Six Axis function in PS3 games. PS3 also has Home which should be quite enjoyable when it's released.

It's just a little annoying when you spend a lot of money on a big High Definition Television and you can't appreciate the visuals in the highest quality..
Wii's are retailing for $400 pretty much everywhere.

PS3 hasn't really shown anything truly innovative, there's no point comparing Wii's remote functionality with Sixaxis because the difference is that sixaxis was nothing more than a last minute tack on which really doesn't add much to gameplay in most games. Though I fully endorse Sony's encouragement of the independent scene by making availiable a lot of their games ie. Everyday Shooter and fl0w on the PSN network

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
The_highwayman said:
not if you, like, trade in ur 360 and a bizillion games!!!111!
lol @ EB

but sif not buy a console just because it doesn't support High Def. wtf.

Gameplay > absolutely anything else

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
HSC
milanista said:
Six Axis is similar to the Wii's control, though without doubt the Wii function is incorporated into every game, rather than the more often exluded Six Axis function in PS3 games.
Have you ever played either console? Or even better, both? Sixaxis doesn't compare to the Wiimote in any way apart from sharing the same, broadly defined function of motion control. An easy comparison: Wiimote is 180 degrees of motion, Sixaxis is as the name suggests, 6 degrees of motion.

milanista said:
Did you buy that fancy HDTV yourself? Even if you did, you can still appreciate visuals for what they're worth, even if they're not the sharpest. Best graphics isn't always in the specs, it's the landscape, artwork, general feeling of the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)