Wii (3 Viewers)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lawlz. hi2u sxc. and i just forgot another game i really wanna play on GC - killer 7.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
stazi said:
lawlz. hi2u sxc. and i just forgot another game i really wanna play on GC - killer 7.
Great game, also came out on PS2. I've never seen a copy of the GC one here in Australia

stazi

Nightman
HSC
the wii supports the freeloader, meaning we can play GC gaymes from other regions. so ill be getting killer 7 + RE4 whilst im here in the us

Sefi

HSC
Backward compatability is always a good thing. Although i have a bit of trouble seeing how it works with GC -> Wii, i mean, with such a radicaly different controller and all, or can you use GC controllers in the Wii?

Sefi

HSC
Ah, backward compatability FTW!
This also seems to be one of the PS3's main selling points, as all previous PS games (both PS1 and PS2) will look better due to HD.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
360 compatibility isn't "terrible", but it is poor.

wii BC is great :D not only does it support gamecube, but at a price, you can get:

NES
Mario Bros.
The Legend of Zelda
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Ice Hockey
Pinball
Soccer
Tennis
Urban Champion
Wario's Woods
Baseball
Solomon's Key

SNES
F-Zero
SimCity

Nintendo 64
Super Mario 64

Sega Genesis
Sonic the Hedgehog
Altered Beast
Golden Axe
Columns
Ecco the Dolphin
Gunstar Heroes
Space Harrier II
Toe Jam & Earl
Ristar
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

TurboGrafx-16
Bonk's Adventure
Super Star Soldier
Victory Run
Bomberman '93
Dungeon Explorer

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Already some great games right there, and more to be released soon. I hope this goes well, it'll give a chance for the younger generation to check out on what I consider the "golden years" of gaming.

It's a damn shame the Dreamcast isn't covered here, though it probably isn't feasible to download a Dreamcast game in good time. It's disappointing, I guess the little white wonder is just going to disappear into obscurity :(

And I heard that there's a slim to no chance of seeing Goldeneye for 64 on there :(.

Last edited:

Sefi

HSC
back catalogues are always good.
Although with the popularity of emulators, it will be interesting to see how popular it is.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
I'm willing to wager that the casual gamer has no idea what an emulator is.

(and for all intents and purposes, I use my modded XBOX to play anything from NES to Neogeo to N64 :cool::cool:)

Sefi

HSC
Well done.
I guess you have a point with the casual gamer.
although i hope this back catalogue isn't crap/an excuse to not make new games.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
runtlocks said:
And I heard that there's a slim to no chance of seeing Goldeneye for 64 on there :(.
Or Banjo Kazooie/Tooie. Or Conker's Bad Fur Day.
Goddamnit Rare.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
runtlocks said:
I'm willing to wager that the casual gamer has no idea what an emulator is.

(and for all intents and purposes, I use my modded XBOX to play anything from NES to Neogeo to N64 :cool::cool:)
Word. <3 my modded xbox. It can do so much. Pity that the 360 can't be modded, though. It can be flashed to play burnt games offline, but to me, that's pretty pointless considering how much of an emphasis the xbox 360 places on Live functionality.
The only 'mod' i'd do to my 360 is allow the drive to play region-free dvds if that were possible.

P.s. it's been announced that the 360's HD-DVD player will launch here early next year for ONLY $250!!!
That's just crazily cheap. I bought mine in th US though for US$200, so pretty much the same price. Have some great films already in the format including fear & loathing. Can't wait to see it in high-def next week.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Sefi said:
Well done.
I guess you have a point with the casual gamer.
although i hope this back catalogue isn't crap/an excuse to not make new games.
I don't think it's an excuse not to make new games. It's simply a means to profit from games that people wouldn't buy otherwise (just like Xbox Live Arcade, which has become a bit of a joke apart from the odd original game).

There'd be more money in making new games though, I mean 20,000 people paying $5 for an old zelda port on nes vs. 100,000 people paying $100 for the new zelda game.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
just ordered zelda for the wii. looks like they only made a limited number of copies and the game itself is selling for up to US$150 on ebay! I certainly don't want to miss out on that game when it comes out.

ordered from dvdcrave and used xboxworldexprpost as the coupon code for free express shipping :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I haven't played a single zelda game in my life :p considering how many 360 games I have, I think I might skip the older ones

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Missing out, my friend.

Anyone familiar with the Jet Set/Grind Radio series? Damn, I hope they do one for Wii, or DS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)