Wii (1 Viewer)

iwannarock

HSC
the wii is so successful despite having a very limited list of good games to buy.

im guessing it'll pick up later.

the ds started off like this.

and look at the ds now.............has a fuck load of amazing games and many games still coming.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Yeah Super Paper Mario is on Wii, release date in September here I think? As for video shops, some have them, some don't

viviena

rawr.
HSC
Instead of picking it up at EB, consider one of the various bundles going around right now, e.g. JB has the console and a second game selling together for $388 -- worth it as most games are at least $60 ATM. BigW and Toys R Us have sold bundles as well with Mario Party 8 (which is apparently crap) and Mario Strikers (great fun). Dig around in the archives @ http://www.ecogamer.com/content/blogsection/2/6/ to find good deals.

Zelda is superb. Mario Kart will be coming out next year. Some of the third-party games are also pretty good, even if they're just ports. I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 and having great fun with it.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
viviena said:
Zelda is superb. Mario Kart will be coming out next year. Some of the third-party games are also pretty good, even if they're just ports. I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 and having great fun with it.
mario kart on the wii? sounds funky :) . i'm definitely gonna get me one of those.

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
viviena said:
Instead of picking it up at EB, consider one of the various bundles going around right now, e.g. JB has the console and a second game selling together for $388 -- worth it as most games are at least $60 ATM. BigW and Toys R Us have sold bundles as well with Mario Party 8 (which is apparently crap) and Mario Strikers (great fun). Dig around in the archives @ http://www.ecogamer.com/content/blogsection/2/6/ to find good deals.

Yeah I will have a look around but my options are limited because I don't live in a big city. We have EB Games, Big W, Kmart, Harvey Norman (doesn't sell Wiis anyway), Dick Smith Electronics and thats all that come to mind at the moment. Keep in mind we only got EB, Big W and Dick Smiths only last September... I saw the Wii with just Wii Sports at Big W for $400 the other day but I haven't really looked anywhere else. I'll have to keep my eyes open! So if I actually get one do you all recommend Zelda?

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
your.knee said:
Yeah I will have a look around but my options are limited because I don't live in a big city. We have EB Games, Big W, Kmart, Harvey Norman (doesn't sell Wiis anyway), Dick Smith Electronics and thats all that come to mind at the moment. Keep in mind we only got EB, Big W and Dick Smiths only last September... I saw the Wii with just Wii Sports at Big W for $400 the other day but I haven't really looked anywhere else. I'll have to keep my eyes open! So if I actually get one do you all recommend Zelda?
I would definitely recommend Zelda, but if you've played Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask etc and not liked them then you won't like this one. If you have played and liked them then you will 100% enjoy this one.

The fishing pisses me off though, I spent half an hour figuring it out cause it wasn't the one with the tutorial. Turns out you have to go batshit crazy with the wii remote when the thing bobs.

I'm hanging out for Super Smash Bros Brawl, and by the looks of it Mario Galaxy too. Might have a look at Metroid when it comes out.

I can't comment on the online stuff cause I can't get it here.

davidw89

HSC
I think i might get one at the end of the year but i hate getting one that isn't modded and then i have to get some guy to mod if for me for about $50+
ON top of that i need like 4 controllers and a rechargers etc and i prefer to get it like in a discount package (with extra bits and stuff like bigger memory cards etc) and ebay seems like the way to go BUT it seems theres to much demand for Wii atm.

Platinum CS

HSC
politik said:
Nintendo consoles actually consititute as news? I predict this console to be in the discount bin at Target two days after its release.
Lol even though he posted that so long ago its still funny how wrong his prediction was.

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
davidw89 said:
I think i might get one at the end of the year but i hate getting one that isn't modded and then i have to get some guy to mod if for me for about $50+
ON top of that i need like 4 controllers and a rechargers etc and i prefer to get it like in a discount package (with extra bits and stuff like bigger memory cards etc) and ebay seems like the way to go BUT it seems theres to much demand for Wii atm.
but it doesnt need a memory card...although there isnt exactly a huge amount of memory built in to save to.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
wii is pretty shit though atm :( i havent used mine for about 3 months. can't wait until the good games start coming out though

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
wii is pretty shit though atm :( i havent used mine for about 3 months. can't wait until the good games start coming out though
Yeah there aren't many games out. I've just got Zelda, Wii Sports and Wii Play atm. Come the end of the year though, it will rock. Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, and hell I'm going to pick up Guitar Hero 3 as well. Good times will be had.

HSC
Mario galaxy, whaaaddat?
I have a wii :)

My brother was playing on the bed and he hit his hand on the lightbulb.
ololol.

Blood stains on the remote :l

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
minnn2 said:
Mario galaxy, whaaaddat?
I have a wii :)

My brother was playing on the bed and he hit his hand on the lightbulb.
ololol.

Blood stains on the remote :l
wii proves darwin's theories imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)