• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Will Christianity 'die out within a century' across Europe and Australasia ?? (1 Viewer)

Will Christianity 'die out within a century' across Europe and Australasia ??

• YES

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • NO

Votes: 72 70.6%

• Total voters

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
And this time with feeling people!

Though the Christian is only aggressive in defence of life. We seek to impose nothing but defence of all our cultural and artistic heritage - a heritage that finds itself naked and prone to collapse without our framework. We seek peace and common ground, but should not stand quietly by while Rome burns

The cannibalistic record of all the post-Christian movements - from Protestantism to postmodernism - have added nothing of value to the human enterprise. We are poorer and weaker and more lost than ever
And yet the barbarian traditions of pre-Christianity have added everything to life and humanity, without which Christianity itself would not have had two feet to stand upon.

Venom.

HSC
Although im athiest...i do believe in the morals that Christianity instills in people - which is y i believe that it will be around for a while yet.
But i srsly hope Islam dies out within a century.
New troll. Interesting. Go, run along now and back up what you just said.

Venom.

HSC
Iron is just a batshit christian. I see no difference between him or you. In fact, your both the same. (compliment maybe? take it as you will :p)

anyways, it doesn't matter how many Muslims are in the world. What matters is how many hold ultra conservative idealistic agendas who want to push it down everyone's throat. Thankfully the Christians arent really a voting block and hopefully Muslims don't become one as well.
I dont impose shit on people. I really care not for the way anybody bar myself practises my religion. Though I will jump to its defence when it's crudely poked fun at.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
do you really believe the dribble you post? its utter cow dung. We are not at war with fanatical Islam. a bunch of rag headed idealists holding Kalashnikov's in the deserts of Iraq will not hold western civilization to ransom.
read the above sentence again.
and again.
and again.
The west has FAAAR greater problems to deal with. And i mean FAAAAAAAAR greater.
oh just to let you know, natural resources HAS nothing to do with he current war on "terror". I cannot emphasize how important it is that you believe me.
Actually James, fighting over resources has everything to do with the current conflict. Religion as it's nature creates scarce recources in scripture, sacred space, group priviliges and salvation. When one group claims a monopoly upon one of the above, they will often use violence to protect their claim. When another group desires one of the above, they will often use violence to obtain it.
Iron's argument itself comes down to the fact that two polar opposite groups are currently engaged in general ideological and physical conflict due to a scarcity of perceived and divinely inspired resources. To Iron, the problem with the West is that Christendom is being undermined by the efforts of secular groups, who themselves see no reason to be engaging in conflict over divine resources.
If you want to know anymore about this general theorem of the problems arising from the scarce resources that religion creates, then I suggest you try reading Fighting Words by Hector Avalos.

HSC
Moll, i was being sarcastic in my last line. I know it has everything to do with natural resources.

HSC
I dont impose shit on people. I really care not for the way anybody bar myself practises my religion. Though I will jump to its defence when it's crudely poked fun at.
yeah, but you both go beyond that. you have ultra conservative social views which would be implemented instantaneously if you had the power to do so.

Venom.

HSC
yeah, but you both go beyond that. you have ultra conservative social views which would be implemented instantaneously if you had the power to do so.
Truth be told yes, if I was immediately put into power I would put all homos to the sword. But thass all :santa:. Personally I like my freedoms the way they are.

HSC
New troll. Interesting. Go, run along now and back up what you just said.
lol nah im serious
look at some of the morals and ethics Islam teaches to its society compared to Christianity.
How can u support a religion which degrades women in such a way?

HSC
Truth be told yes, if I was immediately put into power I would put all homos to the sword. But thass all :santa:. Personally I like my freedoms the way they are.
so only a certain demographic of society is allowed to have the liberty to as they will.
hypocrisy much?

Venom.

HSC
so only a certain demographic of society is allowed to have the liberty to as they will.
hypocrisy much?
No, its just a strong judgemental opinion on my part, which will restrict me entering any form of government at the present moment.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Iron's argument itself comes down to the fact that two polar opposite groups are currently engaged in general ideological and physical conflict due to a scarcity of perceived and divinely inspired resources. To Iron, the problem with the West is that Christendom is being undermined by the efforts of secular groups, who themselves see no reason to be engaging in conflict over divine resources.
I'm starting to believe that it's a false distinction to say that youre either for religion or against it. Everyone unavoidably follows the jist of worship to things greater. Secular groups have merely spread mass-confusion, with consequent mass-scepticism and cynicism of everything. The result has been disastrous for our civilization. The very juice that keeps a people running - moral authority - has been sapped by fools who claim self-interest as a categorical imperative.
They have pulled the temple down on our own heads! My God!!!!112wws

There really is no choice; it's Christianity of Chaos - take ur pick! Oh the tyranny of choice!

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I doubt it will die out per se, but secularisation will become predominant. We are the most cynical generation ever - it makes it hard to believe in religion and the paradigm of God - where is the proof? People just have better things to do on a Sunday. Look at some of the random deaths of last week - they cannot all have incurred God's wrath, can they? They didn't pray hard enough? They skipped church one Sunday to do something interesting? They weren't Christian?

Christianity has only survived this long because of fear of moral turpitude. Let's face it, Christians don't want do be Christian. You don't get a choice. You cannot wait until you are old enough to make that decision and say no. You get Christened. You attend church every Sunday. You attend a Christian school. You were brought up well, you propose, so Christianity cannot be a bad thing, right? Well, I will do the exact same thing to my children. And so the circle of life continues.

Put simply, why put your faith and devotion into Christianity when the returns are morally and socially dubious at best? You might live longer. You might miss being killed by a plane accident. Or you might realise that these are events of a much higher being than God - fate - that nobody - nobody - has any control over. Christians need to really do some due diligence.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Cutting criticism man
Will lick my wounds forever

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
here comes the charm baybe!
class act :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)