Will Christianity 'die out within a century' across Europe and Australasia ?? (1 Viewer)

Will Christianity 'die out within a century' across Europe and Australasia ??

• YES

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • NO

Votes: 72 70.6%

• Total voters

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
People have been saying that for the last 150 years (or perhaps more), but religion is still going strong.

i agree with you that there are significant contradictions between different religions, so they can't all be right. But don't then make the assumption that this means none are.

what if one particular religion is right? the claims of each religion should be examined individually as they are so different
150 years is only about six generations. Probably less. Considering the debates and rationales against religion weren't understood or accessible by the public until the Great War, that eliminates another two generations. Which means it's been four generations since atheism and it's arguments descended from the heights of the intelligentsia, and the first of those generations was born and raised in a world still immersed in religion. The amount of progress made in those three generations thus far is quite impressive. Give it a bit more time though youngling.
Besides which, our knowledge of the physical universe has multiplied by several factors since then, pushing the domain attributed to God further into a corner.
My point about contradictions wasn't talking about those between the religions, but instead was referring to those within the religion, as well as the contradictions between religion and human nature.
And there is no logical premise for freely choosing one religion over another except by ignorance or where the subject was born and raised immersed within the religion.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
And there is no logical premise for freely choosing one religion over another except by ignorance or where the subject was born and raised immersed within the religion.
Besides wildly different beliefs!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Just because the beliefs systems are vastly different doesn't make on set better than another.
Sure it does. Let your conscience be your guide!
/pops umbrella

---------->chirp

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I like to think that we as a society will grow out of the suffocating coil of religion sooner or later, preferably sooner.

tinfoilhat

HSC
I like to think that we as a society will grow out of the suffocating coil of religion sooner or later, preferably sooner.
not unless people have an alternative; there's people that just have to believe in something

tinfoilhat

HSC
it doesn't apply to everyone, but that doesn't mean there won't be some people

religion never fades though at times it's temporarily replaced by a different set of values

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
But religion itself borrows from inherent values - which is why I think we as a society will eventually wake up to ourselves and grow out of it. It's inevitable.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Your death is inevitable Kwayera

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
But what of the truth of your morality!

tinfoilhat

HSC
But religion itself borrows from inherent values - which is why I think we as a society will eventually wake up to ourselves and grow out of it. It's inevitable.
nah i disagree, nothing's inevitable

people need a god or a faith. sure that can be replaced by say an ideology, but they never stick because the idea of their being a "higher power" that controls everything makes them feel warm and fuzzy and like they have some sort of comfort in bad times

that's not to say i'm religious, i would love it if we everyone would get over religion and just learn to live peacefully and whatnot with eachother, it just seems like a highly unlikely situation to ever occur

MSELIM2

HSC
Christianity will not die out !!
I do agree that there might be a decline, but it certainty will not die out.
There are many strict christians out there, such as catholics, greek orthodox, serbian orthodox, Russian orthodox, coptic orthodox and so on, that keep hold of their traditions beliefs and regularity of worship(sunday worship-mass) not just christmas and easter. That being said, i still think that there will be a a decline, as many start not to take it seriously, or some just believe that church going is not the way. ( everybody is different). But in my opinion i do not think Christianity will die out
:)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Who cares wether they are currently highly religious and devout or not. The question is whether their kids will be. And for many it will be yes, because the children will be indoctrinated.

Progressive

HSC
Ok let me sum up for you, if you ask the question has christianity died out yes indeed it has infact all religions have died out. Look it is quite simple, true religion only starts when death is at the center of your conscious. You look at religious institutions today there more like organisations that want to dominate the world. spin spin look at scientology and xenu hehehe:D

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Ok let me sum up for you, if you ask the question has christianity died out yes indeed it has infact all religions have died out. Look it is quite simple, true religion only starts when death is at the center of your conscious. You look at religious institutions today there more like organisations that want to dominate the world. spin spin look at scientology and xenu hehehe:D
Stop talking plz kthxbai.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Please don't feed the trolls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)