Will they screw us over for Paper 2? (1 Viewer)

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Oh noes, they might go with the traditional 'write a letter to the board of studies about how the study of module _ has improved your ______ with reference to your prescribed text and atleast 2 other related texts'

^ we did that for hamlet, but in speech form earlier this year :(
No!
I'll be so annoyed if that happens :(

Mind you, it's probably wouldn't be as bad as having to write to a friend explaining to them what you learned from the comparative study of A Dry White Season and Cry Freedom and how much they will benefit from reading and watching them as well.
Seriously. Who would write to someone about that?
And who in their right mind would recommend reading A Dry White Season to anyone? I felt like a really bad friend after writing that letter.
(That was our prelim question last year).

A Poisoned Seed

HSC
Oh my God. If they ask that I'll fukn spew. Even worse: "with reference to Sadat's speech...."

Oh, God no.... it took me 25 minutes to read that sucker through, let alone analyse it :mad: Its the only speech I don't have a summary for, *prays that that doesn't happen*

Kikkoman

HSC
Are you guys talking about standard or advanced?
The OP said related text for things (not Mod B) because in standard English, there IS a related text component in their Mod A AND C. Otherwise, it appears that all the advanced kids are discussing.

Last edited:

Dannnyku

HSC
I just went through the HSC english papers for advanced from 2001 to 2008. Generally, the earlier ones wanted an essay for Module A, a discussion or argument for Module B, and a speech for Module C.
BUT!! ever since 2005, every question has been an essay question.
soooo is it gonna be the same for our year and be all essay questions?
or are they gonna think "HEY we should throw in something different this year"?

No way of knowing i guess =.="

tedstedsteds

HSC
Oh, God no.... it took me 25 minutes to read that sucker through, let alone analyse it :mad: Its the only speech I don't have a summary for, *prays that that doesn't happen*
I cant see them asking a question that specifies a detail that COMPLETELY IGNORES THE FACT THAT THE MODULES ARE ELECTIVE and are varied. (I don't know or care who SADAT is?)

Venom.

HSC
Don't get too caught up in the formatting of the essay. Its just packaging in the end, they want essays from us.

Venom.

HSC
um. what the FUCK is a radio transcript? :jaw:

this thread is making me feel like the apocalypse will occur on friday.
Think of it this way. They can ask "Write a radio transcript with analysis of the textual representation and dramatic techniques employed by Shakespeare in Hamlet"

First line of essay is altered. Nothing more. You can basically write your OWN question as part of the radio interview and totally reproduce the essay you memorised/know.

4theHSC

HSC
nah I'm doing 3 speeches, but If they specify, then seriously they are just mean... I mean after the one related texts... don't they know most schools make us learn 2?

lychnobity

HSC
Oh my God. If they ask that I'll fukn spew. Even worse: "with reference to Sadat's speech...."
+1

I cant see them asking a question that specifies a detail that COMPLETELY IGNORES THE FACT THAT THE MODULES ARE ELECTIVE and are varied. (I don't know or care who SADAT is?)
They have questions relating to the module for each prescribed text. Essentially the same question, but specific to each one.

um. what the FUCK is a radio transcript?
Like a radio interview. Some people talking blah blah blah blah, you write down what each says about a certain topic. Can be either: completely serious, colloquial or humourous (only the best can do this and be on topic. Stay as far away from humour as possible).

this thread is making me feel like the apocalypse will occur on friday.
I was ok, until I read this thread. Although now that I think about it, they were pretty lenient with Paper 1... so Paper 2 will probably screw us over. fml

HSC
ahhhh fuck reading this thread has really made me feel shit lol.
after a nice AOS paper im pretty sure modules are gunna be shitt.

omg i am so grateful i have a good english rank, so so so grateful!

Freckles14

HSC
If there's a feature article in it ANYWHERE...

I will cry. :'(

Ditto for if there's a question on Conflicting Perspectives. Looks like I'll be crying then. :(

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
I predict for Advanced:
Module A - Essay or speech.
Module B - Letter.
Module C - Radio transcript. Will ask for two related texts.

And I am probably and hopefully totally wrong :D

I am hoping for:
Module A - Essay.
Module B - Essay.
Module C - Essay. One related text.

And that is most likely not going to happen.

For some reason I think the Board of Studies are going to make the paper super difficult.
Prepare for the worst.
nah, i think it will be two straight essays and something way out of left field. i think it will be module a that will be the hard one.

Nª!j∂♫

HSC
few years back, could've been last year :S
they asked for an essay "...with specific reference to MLK's 'i have a dream' speech"
(well it was either that or Abraham Lincoln's 'gov't of the people, by the people for the people')

so they CAN specify for us to do a certain speech,
but i can imagine the shit they would've got for it.. (not that they care)
sooo i don't think they will, but who am i to pretend to know what the BOS thinks?
:p

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
If there's a feature article in it ANYWHERE...

I will cry. :'(

Ditto for if there's a question on Conflicting Perspectives. Looks like I'll be crying then. :(
of course there will be a question on conflicting perspectives..........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)