Will you be booted out of the house if you do not achieve a good UAI? (1 Viewer)

WannaBang?

HSC
A mate of mine told me that if he doesn't achieve a UAI of 95+, he's parents have promised to kick him out of the house and into the garage! NO BULLSHIT! Anybody else with an experience or threatened experience like this?

Not being racist or stereotypic in any way, but I'm pretty sure the majority of answers will come from Asian students. Don't start spitting at me for making that comment, because I know how Asian parents are. Afterall, my school is literally 95+% Asian.

lovethehsc2

HSC
WannaBang? said:
A mate of mine told me that if he doesn't achieve a UAI of 95+, he's parents have promised to kick him out of the house and into the garage! NO BULLSHIT! Anybody else with an experience or threatened experience like this?

Not being racist or stereotypic in any way, but I'm pretty sure the majority of answers will come from Asian students. Don't start spitting at me for making that comment, because I know how Asian parents are. Afterall, my school is literally 95+% Asian.
Which school is 95% asian and offers standard english?

Just curious.

And know i wouldn't: i'm aiming for 90 anyway.

WannaBang?

HSC
lovethehsc2 said:
Which school is 95% asian and offers standard english?

Just curious.

And know i wouldn't: i'm aiming for 90 anyway.
Sefton High. We're also a top ranked school.

a.Limjoco

HSC
lol im overdue for a good kickking out of the home stunt... but no i havent gotten that (being asian), i guess if i don't get my goals, my dad will just give me that look. i hate the look. devastating..

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
WannaBang? said:
Sefton High. We're also a top ranked school.
Sefton High School is not even close to being the top ranked school which is JR. Sefton is like 30s. What are you talking about? Sefton does not even have 95% Asian people. That's a poor generalisation. It's not even full Selective High School!!!

And I agree with Emily. Parents who carry out such an act deserve a punishment. Some really weird Asian parents perceive their sons/daughters as their last resort. That is just pathetic.

Last edited:

WannaBang?

HSC
lyounamu said:
Sefton High School is not even close to being the top ranked school which is JR. Sefton is like 30s. What are you talking about? Sefton does not even have 95% Asian people. That's a poor generalisation. It's not even full Selective High School!!!

And I agree with Emily. Parents who carry out such an act deserve a punishment. Some really weird Asian parents perceive their sons/daughters as their last resort.
By top ranked school, I meant in the top 200 according to The Daily Telegraph ranking system. The students at Sefton High School are 95% Asian, I guarantee that. If not 95%, it'll be at least 90+. Also, how the hell is saying that 95% of students at Sefton High are Asian a generalisation? It's a mere observation. Do you go to our school?

Last edited:

lovethehsc2

HSC
lyounamu said:

And I agree with Emily. Parents who carry out such an act deserve a punishment. Some really weird Asian parents perceive their sons/daughters as their last resort. That is just pathetic.
Ranked in the 30s is still pretty good. What rank is yours?

Who cares if they are not a full selective high school, they still beat many schools in the state (i'm pretty sure).

And anyway asian parents perceive their sons/daughters not as the last resort but because they live vicariously through them. That's what my tutor says and i'm not even asian :rofl:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
WannaBang? said:
By top ranked school, I meant in the top 200 according to The Daily Telegraph ranking system. The students at Sefton High School are 95% Asian, I guarantee that. If not 95%, it'll be at least 90+. Also, how the hell is saying that 95% of students at Sefton High are Asian a generalisation? It's a mere observation. Do you go to our school?
Ok. I thought you meant top ranked school as in top ranked school (literally). I know a guy who attends your school. He was telling me how much he wishes to change his school. And he was White. He actually told me 60% to 70% are Asian people (which is still quite significant.

WannaBang?

HSC
lyounamu said:
Ok. I thought you meant top ranked school as in top ranked school (literally). I know a guy who attends your school. He was telling me how much he wishes to change his school. And he was White. He actually told me 60% to 70% are Asian people (which is still quite significant.
60-70% is a huge underestimate. Why does your friend want to change schools?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lovethehsc2 said:
Ranked in the 30s is still pretty good. What rank is yours?

Who cares if they are not a full selective high school, they still beat many schools in the state (i'm pretty sure).

And anyway asian parents perceive their sons/daughters not as the last resort but because they live vicariously through them. That's what my tutor says and i'm not even asian :rofl:
Did I say that ranking of 30s is bad? I was merely stating the fact that Sefton is not the top ranked school as in the top ranked school like JR. Top 200 schools is quite broad too. Even if my school was top 100 (which is), I would not say my school is the top ranked. The terminology of 'the top ranked school' that the OP used was ambiguous.

Seriously, read my post again. I never said all Asian parents are like that. I actually said that there are Asian parents like that as I have seen ones like my friends. And please be a good boy and listen to the tutor like you always do.

WannaBang?

HSC
lyounamu said:
Did I say that ranking of 30s is bad? I was merely stating the fact that Sefton is not the top ranked school as in the top ranked school like JR. Top 200 schools is quite broad too. Even if my school was top 100 (which is), I would not say my school is the top ranked. The terminology of 'the top ranked school' that the OP used was ambiguous.

Seriously, read my post again. I never said all Asian parents are like that. I actually said that there are Asian parents like that as I have seen ones like my friends. And please be a good boy and listen to the tutor like you always do.
I said Sefton High is A top ranked school, which is true.

lovethehsc2

HSC
lyounamu said:

"Sefton High School is not even close to being the top ranked school which is JR. Sefton is like 30s. What are you talking about?"

I guess it's not your fault though, that when you express yourself it sounds like you're taking aim at the OP's school.

Just like how i'm going to ignore your last comment, because it was not related remotely to anything you said earlier.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
WannaBang? said:
I said Sefton High is A top ranked school, which is true.
Your definition is ambiguous. I won't accept that. It is ONE of the top 50 schools.

It doesn't matter now. I shall end this discussion as it truly gets nowhere.

By the way, I don't think anyone should be booted out of the house regardless of their results. That is just so sad.

HSC
lyounamu said:

The OP didn't say their school was THE top ranked.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
WannaBang? said:
60-70% is a huge underestimate. Why does your friend want to change schools?
He is saying that he is not 'challenged' enough. He told me he is the top in maths (he is in year 10 now). I don't know if he changed school or not. I met him at the Gifted & Talented Program at USYD last year.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
actually sefton has done better than in previous years when there rank was in the 70's. coming from 70's to 30's is pretty good.

WannaBang?

HSC
lyounamu said:
Your definition is ambiguous. I won't accept that. It is ONE of the top 50 schools.

It doesn't matter now. I shall end this discussion as it truly gets nowhere.

By the way, I don't think anyone should be booted out of the house regardless of their results. That is just so sad.
How the hell is my definition ambiguous? If I said Sefton High was THE top school, then ok, you can have a bitch. I also don't give a crap what a 15-16 year accepts or rejects.

Yung Capone

Banned
HSC
WannaBang? said:
LOL! So what school is Mr Qoys teaching at now?
A skool in Auburn but dnt ask which. Give me ur name, ill ask about you tomorrow.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Ms. BRIGHTSIDE said:
The OP didn't say their school was THE top ranked.
WTH? You don't even know anything! He edited that post after my post went up!

Don't even start another argument. Why would I suddently come up with that statement anyway?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
WannaBang? said:
How the hell is my definition ambiguous? If I said Sefton High was THE top school, then ok, you can have a bitch. I also don't give a crap what a 15-16 year accepts or rejects.
Don't you realise that the OP said it was the top ranked school? You make a judgement based on what I wrote not based on what OP wrote.

By the way, get my age right and you better act your age as you sound as if you are like 18 or 19.

EDIT: WTH? You are 16! (according to your profile, which may not be true as I think you are a troll).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)