Will you be booted out of the house if you do not achieve a good UAI? (2 Viewers)

nagiha

HSC
lol i've already started packing my bags. there going to be so disappointed with my marks. i can just see my old mans face when i tell him my mark. im gonna be booted off to lebanon :D

Numbers

Banned
HSC
lauraamarie said:
"Sweatheart" No. It's actually illegal. Look it up.
You fucking dumb idiot. Your parents only hold the burden of responsibility over their children till the age of 18. Past that age and parents may boot their child out of the house.

Sweetheart.

henry08

HSC
N/A
henry08 said:
Yes, I will be booted if I don't get a UAI of 100 or more.
I'm saved. Thankyou Jesus.

Go t hell to the poster above me.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Did the 98.5 girl who repeat for medicine get in? Or is this year her second go? It's not unheard of, there was one girl in my year who repeated nearly everything except the courses she came top 5 in the state for because she didn't get into med. She still didn't get into med the second time and ended up doing dentistry, from what I heard.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Numbers said:
You fucking dumb idiot. Your parents only hold the burden of responsibility over their children till the age of 18. Past that age and parents may boot their child out of the house.

Sweetheart.
Hahahaha remember the time you called lyounamu an idiot yet you turned out to be completely wrong?

You don't learn do you.

Crates

Banned
HSC
tommykins said:
Hahahaha remember the time you called lyounamu an idiot yet you turned out to be completely wrong?

You don't learn do you.
I was wrong because it was a question to do with maths, and maths is the bane of my existence. I'm 100% sure of this. Parents only have the responsibility of bearing their children to the age of 18. Past this, and parents may decide to chuck their kids out of the house.

Danta232

HSC
well, if i do my best... mum and dad will be ahppy... however if they see i put no effort in they will be pissed...

and to be honest... i dont really think throughout any of my schoolign i life i have really put all that much effort in and i have still managed to achinve really good marks... i mean... imagine for myslef if i did put effort in... maybe some hinger power is trying to tell me sth tonight.... but after about 30mins on this forum i think i realise, that i have alot of ability, and if i study i am going to kick ass at these exams... sorry guys for boring you, i ma just kinda thinking aloud on the website.....

WOOT

time to really put some effort in for the rest of the times before the exams

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
if i get below 90 uai, i'll be kicked out of the house by my parents.

if i get above 90 uai, i'm off to board at syd uni, LATERS PARENT.

eitherway i'm outtaheare!!!!!!!! kkl8rz kthxbye

bob007

HSC
lala2 said:
Did the 98.5 girl who repeat for medicine get in? Or is this year her second go? It's not unheard of, there was one girl in my year who repeated nearly everything except the courses she came top 5 in the state for because she didn't get into med. She still didn't get into med the second time and ended up doing dentistry, from what I heard.
zz i heard this story in physics from my teacher or maybe similar . apparently if i did remember correctly she yes did repeat and yes she did get the uai she needed to get into medicine that year. but heres what i also remembered not sure but after repeating she decided that medicine wasnt for her and did something that didnt require like 98+ uai....

zzz flame me lol..

you know what sucks? well not really but parents having that ultra-unrealistic expectation about university guranteed a SUCCESSFUL life and if you dont get into uni via the HSC your a doomed failure... lol where you yourself know its not and there are alternate pathways to get in. mmm dissappointment from your parents hurt though

lala2

Banned
HSC
^^lol, so much for that effort! But yeah, disappointment from parents hurts...I reckon probably more than you just being disappointed with yourself.

sarah dilger

HSC
hey dose it really matter who is the top ranked school? no it dose`nt as long as you achieve your goal or get close to it who cares, all schools teach the same thing in different ways. and so what if you dont make it there are so many other different opportunities. if you dont get your mark its not going to be the end of the world, there is still tafe, traineeships etc and if u dont get into uni u can always go through tafe. so get over it and think about future options there are so many.

ps: i dont think parents should kick their children out of home because they dint get the uai that it just sad and plan wrong

poisonives

coolest member
HSC
bob007 said:
zz i heard this story in physics from my teacher or maybe similar . apparently if i did remember correctly she yes did repeat and yes she did get the uai she needed to get into medicine that year. but heres what i also remembered not sure but after repeating she decided that medicine wasnt for her and did something that didnt require like 98+ uai....

zzz flame me lol..

you know what sucks? well not really but parents having that ultra-unrealistic expectation about university guranteed a SUCCESSFUL life and if you dont get into uni via the HSC your a doomed failure... lol where you yourself know its not and there are alternate pathways to get in. mmm dissappointment from your parents hurt though
LOL i would rather get kicked out of home before having to repeat the hsc year

but seriously, i know someone who would VOLUNTARILY repeat yr 12 to get into med... so fucked..

Legal Hustle

HSC
poisonives said:
LOL i would rather get kicked out of home before having to repeat the hsc year

but seriously, i know someone who would VOLUNTARILY repeat yr 12 to get into med... so fucked..
Hey I'll repeat yr 12 if I don't get into med. but i probably won't do the HSC some easier system perhaps.

zvyx

HSC
poisonives said:
why not? not all people do med because they think its the most 1337 and $$$ farm out there, some people really want to get into med for legit reasons; i.e. they like the challenges, the human interaction, the opportunity to study the human body. they can liken it to doing a year of a uni course they have no interest in to get a good GPA, then reapply for med - either way, for them its a year..

I personally would consider repeating year 12 since I skipped year 1 (and thus have an extra year up my sleeve) if I couldn't get into what I wanted (i.e. med). I know this year I've been unbelievably lax, could have gone for the 99.5+ but halfway through Year 12 thought "whats the point".

about this business of you can get 100 UAI if you go to a crap school, what if theoretically you got first in all your subjects, and the guy who came second was like two marks off you. then that same guy who came second got 70s come HSC and that was the second highest mark (your mark being the highest). I know moderating is more complicated than just 1st place gets 1st placed external mark in school..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)