Will you be booted out of the house if you do not achieve a good UAI? (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
beentherdunthat said:
lol it should be top 10% of all schools

not top 10 or 20 ;P
You think so? I mean, 'top ranked' schools shouldn't be really like 60th or 50th. But it really depends on individuals...so I will just stick to mine as everyone will stick his/her own.

Zephyrio

HSC
I think "top ranked" school should be any school in the top fifty, myself.

To my knowledge, there are around 1000 schools in NSW. So top fifty is a good figure for me.

sasa-o8

HSC
Nah, my parents only care about my UAI if it was devastating low (e.g. UAI <50). I'd just be really disappointed myself and go through the whole 'regret' thing.

zeam

HSC
N/A
i would say any parent that say if their son dont get over 90 they will get kicked out is retard~~~~putting pressure is bad and make them fail more

Real Madrid

HSC
You don't need a good UAI is play in the A League?

So many inflated egos here.

lyoumanu shut the hell up. Your generalisations about UAI's and university have no claim, and I'm sure many of the people here who have finished their HSC can tell you what you say is utter bollocks. Many people avoid arguing with you simply becuase they know you're going to shit bricks in your arguments, and from what this community in hearing, I don't think you are in any position to start an argument. In fact the only position you're in, is one where you can get a good ol' knock in the face.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Real Madrid said:
You don't need a good UAI is play in the A League?

So many inflated egos here.

lyoumanu shut the hell up. Your generalisations about UAI's and university have no claim, and I'm sure many of the people here who have finished their HSC can tell you what you say is utter bollocks. Many people avoid arguing with you simply becuase they know you're going to shit bricks in your arguments, and from what this community in hearing, I don't think you are in any position to start an argument. In fact the only position you're in, is one where you can get a good ol' knock in the face.
You are intellectually challenged. Your post does not even give a decent quote to back up your statement. If you want to argue properly, please provide a decent quote where I misled the dear BoS community. And yes, I do tend to generalise but most of my claims are either backed up by scaling report, UAC, Board of Studies and other government websites that are not biased.

And you haven't even read the thread thoroughly yet. Mention all the people I have 'argued' with and pick the people who are the ex-HSC students. Your claim is absolutely baseless and idotic.
It is YOU who is not in the right position to debate.

It is YOU who generalise.

It is YOU who suddenly come up with stupid post that abases the integrity of others.

It is YOU who needs to get some nice old punch to wake your dormant brain cells.

It is YOU who need to stfu and read what others have got to say.

You obviously have never read, understood nor cared about others' posts. Now, it's time for you to retreat to your comfort zone and stay put.

Real Madrid

HSC
Agreed mod, but the generalisations boil people.

Peoplelike lyoumanu make generalisations which are basically stereotypes.

Stereotyping on spatial equality will obviously offend people.

By the way, any school is a good school if you want it to be good.

Real Madrid

HSC
I shotgun publishing a book using lyou's quotes.

I'll call the book...

Scientology: The Northern Fallace.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Real Madrid said:
I shotgun publishing a book using lyou's quotes.

I'll call the book...

Scientology: The Northern Fallace.
Can you shut up? Without Wings already said get over it and you're just continuing onwards, grow up.

On topic -
Parents don't care what I get, as they finally understand the whole "get into your course" is all that matters.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
My dad doesn't care at all.

My mum kinda cares, she wants me to do well, but when i do shit, she won't get mad.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
My parents don't really care, they just want me to get above 91. Thank god for bonus points.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
lol at this thread [ive never actually read it]

nah. my parents would never kick me out. My dad dropped out of school at the end of year 9 (and has done pretty well for himself), so it would be extremly hypocritical to kick me out for getting a shit uai.

plus they get that there is more to life than the HSC so wouldnt care anyway

melonkitten

HSC
if i didnt get over 95, we had agreed that i would be moving out till im 19

HSC
My parents always insist that anyone who gets over 80 is good and that they'd be proud of me...My internal results have been shit strong (check the UAI calculator) and in response my parents have started to push me a bit harder to maintain my average.

I notice more and more that mum mentions to people I'm probably living at st johns college and doing law next year which is really strange because my mum's not the sort of person to namedrop family achievements. I think now there'd be a bit of disappointment if I didn't get a 97+ but I certainly wouldn't be kicked out of home.

There'd be a fair few homeless kids if the majority did that.

bawd

HSC
My mum doesn't really care, as long as I seriously dedicate myself to my studies during the HSC and try my best. :) Of course, I have to get into a relatively good University course that offers prospects of a good career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)