• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Winter Break Chatter Thread (2009) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I scared liz away!!!! :(
I nevarr get scared away :)

Meh, I think marriage is stupid now except for personal financial reasons. Marriage is utterly devalued thesedays anyway.

No, I don't think so but I can't be bothered to type out my my argument right now, we shall discuss this one day! :p
Marriage is somewhat devalued, but that doesn't make it insignificant, or unimportant. Idk, not bothered arguing the point at the moment either. But think something along the lines of "blah blah blah marriage as an institution in society blah blah blah blah important blah".

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Umm, say I want to transfer to a different degree next year, how important will my results from this year be?
Reasonably. Depending on what degree you want to transfer into you definitely need a pass average, credit average would certainly be enough to get into most standard degrees and you'd need Ds if you wanted to get into 95+ UAI ones.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Engineering, havent decided the stream yet, though afaik most are around high 80's

Okay so say I fail a subject this semester, if i pick my game up next sem and do really well, do you think they'd be willing to overlook it ? Seeing as my UAI is high enough and all of my subjects are relevant

edit: should probably just go to the admissions centre myself but hey
The problem with fails and GPA (which is I think what the UAC uses to calculate your tertiary half of your entrance score, with the other half being your UAI) is that the USyd GPA system goes:
0 Fail
4 Pass
5 Cr
6 D
7 HD

and so a fail and 3 credits still doesn't average out to a pass.

One thing you have got behind you though is that the engineering faculty will often bend over backwards to bring girls into their courses so you might get lucky on a special application even if you do fail one subject (if it's MATH1901 the fact that it's 3cp will also work in your favour).

What prompts you to want to change to engo?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Arghhhh, need marks back! Driving me crazy!
If I hadn't dropped my business degree, I'd offer to let you do all my accounting prep for next semester.
Cos I'm just so kind & considerate like that :)

Mmmmm no more maths ever. Salivating at the thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)