Woest Olympics Ever? (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well I dont think it will be the worst games ever, that title still belongs to Munich (sp?) games, sport wise and dishonesty wise the Moscow games, the USSR had no idea of the word amaetur.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah drugs (not the fun-loving penchant for euthenasia and same-sex relations Dutch kind) and half-arsed attempts at construction. "Err shit we forgot the roof" - Yes, very much a product of the terrorist threat!

What we need is four Olympics:
1. Normal Olympics
2. Drugged up Olympics
3. Paralympics
4. Hyped-up Paralympics

It would be MAD!

Last edited:

cj_bridle

HSC
i think the chaldron that looks like a smoke stack and the crappy mascots were a dead give away.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
jm, u dont know shit about the completion of the olympics, the buildings were completed on time and according to schedule
and does anyone remember that during the rehearsal of sydney opening ceremony half the stadium still hadnt had the seats put in, THAT WAS LIKE 3 DAYS BEFORE THE GAMES.

ziff u fucking moron, THE BUILDING THAT THE AUSTRALIANS SAID WAS MISSING A ROOF WASNT MEANT TO HAVE A ROOF, IT HAS THIS SPECIAL COVERING THAT ALLOWS FRESH AIR AND SUNLIGHT IN

the reason why so many fucking australians are complaining about the olympics is because AUSTRALIA HAS HAD NOTHING ELSE. the sydney olympics was meant to be a tourism card for the next 15yrs, well guess what, noones coming here because australia has nothing to offer

so for all u stupid, ignorant and downright retarded australians who keep criticising the olympics, GO FUCK YOURSELF

also, the media keep talking about "inadequate security", Greece has spent $2.5 BILLION dollars on security, 15 times that of Atlanta and 5 times that of Sydney, and guess what, GREECE HAS LESS THEN HALF THE GDP OF AUSTRALIA

and another thing, Australia had one of the worst anti-drug testing schemes in the HISTORY of the olympics, u think that marion jones and tim montgomery started taking drugs AFTER the sydney olympics?, i think not

and has anyone noticed that the ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD TO BE CRTICISING THE OLYMPICS IS AUSTRALIA

Last edited:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
And that isn't a biased perspective at all :rolleyes:

Anyway, I really don't think you can compare a few construction and drug hiccups to what happened in Munich.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Stop crying, Tommy. Though the venues may have been completed on time, you cannot dispute the fact that there was a great deal of concern throughout the entire development phase...

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
firstly: lundy, it isnt biased, i myself was a critic of the games, but then i started reading non-australian articles and i realised that it was all bs

secondly: generator, the only people who expressed concern were the australian media, even the person running it was saying it would be fine, even an american documentary on the preparations said it would be fine, even the BBC who ran a report on it said it would be fine

and im not crying, im just pissed off with the biased australian crap

EDIT: lundy, drug hiccups, what drug hiccups are u talking about?

Generator

HSC
N/A
From what I can recall the IOC were quite concerned for a period of time...

Last edited:

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
there was a report on the games where a few people in the IOC raised concerns, those concerns were quashed quickly by a survey of the construction site and plans

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
EDIT: lundy, drug hiccups, what drug hiccups are u talking about?
Um, the ones that have already been covered in the media. Cycling anyone? and more to come.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
firstly: lundy, it isnt biased, i myself was a critic of the games, but then i started reading non-australian articles and i realised that it was all bs

secondly: generator, the only people who expressed concern were the australian media, even the person running it was saying it would be fine, even an american documentary on the preparations said it would be fine, even the BBC who ran a report on it said it would be fine

and im not crying, im just pissed off with the biased australian crap
I guess what Australians are doing is that we do not want to accept the fact that Greece may be better than the Sydney one.

So true about what you are saying though! i think these days, the media's exaggerating almost everything!!

Never a fan of the Olympics (apart from diving, gymnastic, and tennis), so i don't care much.

santaslayer

HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
I'm sorry, but I had to ask this question:

The Greek Daily? :p

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
anyone else look at the greek site and be reminded of the sydney harbour bridge?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)